AHHH, it's ALMOST here! Friday nights in Moultrie, Georgia!

ORabidOne

40 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

Ten to twelve people sitting around a round table passing 30-35 dishes of the best southern food a person can have.   I recently saw a poll that ranked their fried chicken as one of the best five place to eat chicken in the country.   We have plans to return to Savannah sometime next year so as to allow me another feast at this wonderful place.    That is why it is so important that I keep all the Georgia posters content this season.  😎

AHHHH, Savanner! Only problem IS though, they have TWO HOUR parking meters in the city! Not much time to go to and from, and dine in between!:(

47 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Our tiny undersized hawgs are BIG. But, they aren't as big as Grayson, Marietta, McEachern, Brookwood, Lowndes, Tift, Camden, Thomasville, Trinity Catholic, Valdosta or Alcovy... well, you get the idea anyway. 

Beating any of those teams is going to be like jumping at godzilla for our undersized guys, or climbing up a really steep hill. 

You'll hafta forgive my skepticism, after watching 145lb. Cam Singletary, run OVER that 200 lb. major DI DB for Bishop Sullivan!

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

NOW, I see why you boys can procure transfers from the UNIVERSE! And you bitch about OUR kid who lived FOUR MILES outside the county, in the middle of NOWHERE!

I figured you would respond like this.  Even though you've be told so many times that even a 5 or 6 year old would get it.  Grayson High School does not have *any* students from the Walton County portion of Loganville.  Grayson High School has a Loganville mailing address, similar to Coulquitt Co High School having a Norman Park mailing address instead of a Moultrie address even though CCHS is closer to Moultrie much the same as Grayson HS being much closer to Grayson.

But I know you won't pay attention to this, or at least will act as though you don't know this. 

My honest take-away from the intrasquad scrimmage yesterday.

It's still pretty tough to get a read while your team is playing your own self. I tried to concentrate on player athleticism and execution. 

We have come a long way since the spring already. I still think that we are going to lean on the defense early. Coach Mo has the Black Hats looking pretty serious. Decent size with... Speed Speed Speed on defense.

Surprisingly enough, with the number of seniors on the roster, there will be a good number of juniors and maybe even a sophomore or two with decent playing time. 

We are deep at running back. Deeper than I even thought. 

We are big for a Colquitt team. Across the board, probably our biggest team ever. Certainly the biggest I remember. 

Overall team speed is very good. 

Marvion McDonald looks to still be the number 2 QB in spite of Touchton having been added to the varsity roster. 

Can't talk about the scrimmage without again giving accolades to the community for building the Multipurpose facility. 

The indoor facility is superb. A little tough for spectators to stay out of the way, but, it wasn't really designed for spectators. If this was a Goldilocks story, and I was trying out one of the three bears practice facilities...

I'd say, the facility, was not too hot, and not too cold. It was just right for a practice. 

It emulates everything we know about South Georgia football weather minus several degrees, minus the sun beating on you and minus the chance of a lightning delay. The humidity is still there, albeit with a draft, like a nice afternoon breeze on a late summer day. It's awesome that the team can be on the outdoor field practicing in full sun and then move directly inside in a minute to avoid weather or just to transition for various drills. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's still pretty tough to get a read while your team is playing your own self. I tried to concentrate on player athleticism and execution. 

We have come a long way since the spring already. I still think that we are going to lean on the defense early. Coach Mo has the Black Hats looking pretty serious. Decent size with... Speed Speed Speed on defense.

Surprisingly enough, with the number of seniors on the roster, there will be a good number of juniors and maybe even a sophomore or two with decent playing time. 

We are big for a Colquitt team. Across the board, probably our biggest team ever. Certainly the biggest I remember. 

Marvion McDonald looks to still be the number 2 QB in spite of Touchton having been added to the varsity roster. 

Can't talk about the scrimmage without again giving accolades to the community for building the Multipurpose facility. 

The indoor facility is superb. A little tough for spectators to stay out of the way, but, it wasn't really designed for spectators. If this was a Goldilocks story, and I was trying out one of the three bears practice facilities...

I'd say, the facility, was not too hot, and not too cold. It was just right for a practice. 

It emulates everything we know about South Georgia football weather minus several degrees, minus the sun beating on you and minus the chance of a lightning delay. The humidity is still there, albeit with a draft, like a nice afternoon breeze on a late summer day. It's awesome that the team can be on the outdoor field practicing in full sun and then move directly inside in a minute to avoid weather or just to transition for various drills. 

You are bound and determined to make these GURUS think we're gonna have a team this year.   You know full well...out current QB has never taken a varsity start snap in his life.  We lost a starter on the defensive line.  We have a cheerleader with a sprained ankle and we're down a tuba player in the band.

We're also hampered with Tift, Camden and Lowndes in our region.   Tift just recruited an All Star QB from Crisp while Lowndes just had TWO of their O-Linemen run a 4.3/40. (they also happen to play backup QB).   Camden...well...they're Camden.  You don't know what to expect from the notorious Bullet Bob.

Add to all the above conflict....McEachern, Grayson, Valdosta and a bunch of Missouri Catholics (God loves them) and amigo...we got ourselves a Pier 6 Brawl.  Am I the only one on here that shares the Gospel?

Hell....of course I am.

Carry on.......

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hawgie, how is it possible to.... "our team is playing your own self." ?

I think I know what you meant, but want to be sure.

Regards,

BGW

14 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hawgie, how is it possible to.... "our team is playing your own self." ?

I think I know what you meant, but want to be sure.

Regards,

BGW

Ha. Offense vs. Defense of our own team, rather than some other team. It was a ones vs. twos, ones vs. ones etc. 

Seemed like we mixed it up a good bit with some ones and twos on the same side of the ball at times also. 

Intra-squad scrimmage. This coming Friday, we finally get to measure against a different team though. It will certainly be easier to see what we have then imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

You are bound and determined to make these GURUS think we're gonna have a team this year.   You know full well...out current QB has never taken a varsity start snap in his life.  We lost a starter on the defensive line.  We have a cheerleader with a sprained ankle and we're down a tuba player in the band.

We're also hampered with Tift, Camden and Lowndes in our region.   Tift just recruited an All Star QB from Crisp while Lowndes just had TWO of their O-Linemen run a 4.3/40. (they also happen to play backup QB).   Camden...well...they're Camden.  You don't know what to expect from the notorious Bullet Bob.

Add to all the above conflict....McEachern, Grayson, Valdosta and a bunch of Missouri Catholics (God loves them) and amigo...we got ourselves a Pier 6 Brawl.  Am I the only one on here that shares the Gospel?

Hell....of course I am.

Carry on.......

Rufus>>

Some of the Cali peeps said this ain't possible when i told them we had 3 guys that ran a 4.4. Said that even the NFL Joes can't run a 4.4, you sure you got that number right?

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Some of the Cali peeps said this ain't possible when i told them we had 3 guys that ran a 4.4. Said that even the NFL Joes can't run a 4.4, you sure you got that number right?

I got it straight from my Little Lowndes Buddy.  And he don't fib...........much.

Rufus>>

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, whiteshoes said:

Ten to twelve people sitting around a round table passing 30-35 dishes of the best southern food a person can have.   I recently saw a poll that ranked their fried chicken as one of the best five place to eat chicken in the country.   We have plans to return to Savannah sometime next year so as to allow me another feast at this wonderful place.    That is why it is so important that I keep all the Georgia posters content this season.  😎

Don't fergit Paula Deens! Course, there are about a HUNNERED great places to eat in Savannah! I still can't understand how you get to and from your car, get in line for an hour, and eat, while your two hour parking meter is tick, tick, ticking away?😲