60 people shot in Chicago this weekend

Nolebull813

55 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

The media and left , prob even some on right would go bat shit crazy if Trump did what it would take to fix Chicago and all our other big city issues. Chicago is far from the only problem with big city crime-shootings.  They would say he’s a dictator....

Alright, my bad. Let's keep pointing out that Obama didn't fix these problems, and that they only occur in Democratic cities. That's kid of fun to do. Trump's hands are tied. OK.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This has got to be a state of emergency. Trump needs to call in the national guard. Obama didn't do shit to clean this up. Hell even Guiliani cleaned up bigger and badder New York City. 

This Muslim mayor and democratic leadership are more worried about giving illegals ID cards then cleaning up this domestic terrorism.

Almost every single person involved is African American. Suspect and victim. This is what the athletes should be kneeling for. This is why no one takes that garbage seriously. 

Or you can just ignore and say Russia three times daily 

why hasn't Trump done something in the past year and 3/4 about it...he talked a mean game on the campaign trail about fixing it and helping the blacks "who had nothing to lose" by supporting Trump...

58 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The City of Chicago needs to fix its own damn problem.  They have ignored it and let it fester for years.  The people keep voting in the same people over and over.  The people of the city either need to demand real change or move away.  Pouring more of our money into that corrupt cesspool is a waste.  New York was a mess when Giuliani took office - real leadership made a difference there.

Giuliani was at the right place at the right time...he was the beneficiary of Clinton Federal Crime Bill that allowed NYC to hire thousands of cops...that's what cleaned up NYC..Rudy was along for the ride...

20 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Alright, my bad. Let's keep pointing out that Obama didn't fix these problems, and that they only occur in Democratic cities. That's kid of fun to do. Trump's hands are tied. OK.

Do whatever you need to do... I never mentioned Obama...

List a few things that need to be done immediately to fix these problems.

Then ask yourself, what would media say about Trump if he did them?

Short term...

Stop and Frisk... 

National Guard...

Heavy police force 

Long long term...Generations

Start @ school level

Housing-City development 

Jobs...

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This has got to be a state of emergency. Trump needs to call in the national guard. Obama didn't do shit to clean this up. Hell even Guiliani cleaned up bigger and badder New York City. 

This Muslim mayor and democratic leadership are more worried about giving illegals ID cards then cleaning up this domestic terrorism.

Almost every single person involved is African American. Suspect and victim. This is what the athletes should be kneeling for. This is why no one takes that garbage seriously. 

Or you can just ignore and say Russia three times daily 

Why hasn't he cleaned it up then? Funner to obsess and post about it daily?

When is he going to change it?

And don't revert back to Obama or anything like that. answer the question.  

9 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Do whatever you need to do... I never mentioned Obama...

List a few things that need to be done immediately to fix these problems.

Then ask yourself, what would media say about Trump if he did them?

Short term...

Stop and Frisk... 

National Guard...

Heavy police force 

Long long term...Generations

Start @ school level

Housing-City development 

Jobs...

So when is he going to change Chicago?

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

So when is he going to change Chicago?

Couldn’t tell you. Other than he would be called a racist, dictator, Nazi, whatever else is deragatoy if he did what it took to do so. 

I do remember the Mayor of Chicago telling Trump to stay out of there. Trump should’ve sent in the NG the next day and went door to door searching for illegal guns. Put a hummer at every corner of every shithole street until it cleaned up. 

17 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Couldn’t tell you. Other than he would be called a racist, dictator, Nazi, whatever else is deragatoy if he did what it took to do so. 

I do remember the Mayor of Chicago telling Trump to stay out of there. Trump should’ve sent in the NG the next day and went door to door searching for illegal guns. Put a hummer at every corner of every shithole street until it cleaned up. 

Oh ok.  For starters crime is symptomatic of the real underlying issues, poor education and lack of opportunities.  Just focusing on punishment is not a complete fix.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

So you still haven't told me when he is cleaning it up. Everyone understands the challenges. Why not clean it up. Push for it instead of a meaningless wall that would cost billions. You could clean up Chicago with a fraction of that. 

What a shame.  Great city.  Have been there twice (though admittedly not in over a decade) and was impressed with the cleanliness, friendliness of the people, quality of the food and nightlife, Lake Michigan was great to swim in, etc.

Hopefully they can get their act together.  I thought Rahm was supposed to be a hardass?  He always had that reputation as a Congressman and Obama's COS.  Admittedly I'm not following along that closely, but I'm surprised he hasn't flooded the streets in those areas with cops, started some sort of stop-and-frisk, cracked down on loitering and public intoxication, tried gun buy-backs, etc.  Maybe he has?  Either way this seems to happen every summer in Chicago.  What a waste.

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

So you still haven't told me when he is cleaning it up. Everyone understands the challenges. Why not clean it up. Push for it instead of a meaningless wall that would cost billions. You could clean up Chicago with a fraction of that. 

I couldn’t tell you when or if he’s going to like I just told you. I hope he does or whoever after him has the balls to do so. It would-will be a political nightmare if anyone ever does it. We all know it will become a race “thing” and not a “clean up” thing, “targeting poor minorities” thing, “filling jails with young black male” thing, etc. I think every city in America, big and small should be safe. 

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

I couldn’t tell you when or if he’s going to like I just told you. I hope he does or whoever after him has the balls to do so. It would-will be a political nightmare if anyone ever does it. We all know it will become a race “thing” and not a “clean up” thing, “targeting poor minorities” thing, “filling jails with young black male” thing, etc. I think every city in America, big and small should be safe. 

It is about cleaning up the city IMO. Go in and get it done. No more talking. 

It’s a double edged sword. You can’t have a quick fix and adhere to constitutional protections. All you can do is continue to make policies that help the economy as a whole and give people the means to help themselves. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink. 

Furthermore, do the people of inner city Chicago really want things fixed, or do they want someone to blame for their problems?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ron169 said:

It’s a double edged sword. You can’t have a quick fix and adhere to constitutional protections. All you can do is continue to make policies that help the economy as a whole and give people the means to help themselves. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink. 

Furthermore, do the people of inner city Chicago really want things fixed, or do they want someone to blame for their problems?

Come on man, this is a ridiculous question

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Come on man, this is a ridiculous question

Is it? The only thing that is going to solve the short term problem is fairly proactive policing, an increase in the size of the force, and stern punishment of offenders. Now, if that occurs, is there going to be an increase in protest every time something goes wrong, or merely accept that’s the cost of business for cleaning the city up. Easier to blame others for perceived oppression than it is to make a systematic wholesale change of your entire lifestyle.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

The GENERAL public doesn't give a damn, that's why they can applaud and clap when their president calls the blacks player's sons of bitches and demonized them.  The general sentiment has been for the players to play ball and shut up and not ruin their leisure time to watch the game peacefully. Has it not?

You tell me what black protests through history have been met with the general population's approval?

My feeling is the general public does give a damn, maybe not the "give a damn" you're looking for.

Regards,

BGW

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ron169 said:

Is it? The only thing that is going to solve the short term problem is fairly proactive policing, an increase in the size of the force, and stern punishment of offenders. Now, if that occurs, is there going to be an increase in protest every time something goes wrong, or merely accept that’s the cost of business for cleaning the city up. Easier to blame others for perceived oppression than it is to make a systematic wholesale change of your entire lifestyle.

Everything is not about getting in there and knocking heads and locking people up.  People also need real change, like quality adult and primary education along with job opportunities. Incentivize business development, etc.  this is a very general idea, but people basically need an alternative to crime.

There are lots of good people in the inner city that want to protect their families and keep them safe. 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Everything is not about getting in there and knocking heads and locking people up.  People also need real change, like quality adult and primary education along with job opportunities. Incentivize business development, etc.  

There are lots of good people in the inner city that want to protect their families and keep them safe. 

Couldn’t agree more. Education is important, as well as job opportunities. Both of those will help in the long term but not the short term. Furthermore, hard to attract jobs with such violent crime being prolific... like I said, double edged sword.

1 minute ago, ron169 said:

Couldn’t agree more. Education is important, as well as job opportunities. Both of those will help in the long term but not the short term. Furthermore, hard to attract jobs with such violent crime being prolific... like I said, double edged sword.

Both are needed, it has to be a full court press with this two edged sword.  If in the short run we focus energies solely on aggressive policing  it will be viewed as no different than what goes on now, it will create hostilities because unfortunately a few innocent lives will be caught as collateral damage.

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Both are needed, it has to be a full court press with this two edged sword.  If in the short run we focus energies solely on aggressive policing  it will be viewed as no different than what goes on now, it will create hostilities because unfortunately a few innocent lives will be caught as collateral damage.

That’s the rub isn’t it... there is a cost. I guess as a society we have to ask is the juice worth the squeeze, and right now the concensus is that it just isn’t. If there is one thing I’ve learned in 14.5 years of law enforcement, it’s that a lot of people don’t want a solution if it requires hard work on their part, they just want someone to do something.

lemme edit to say this. That last sentence wasn’t pointed at any race or particular type of people, but society as a whole