Miller Grove vs Colquitt (Scrimmage)

Rufus69

Over all, I come away thinking the coaches played pretty easy on Miller Grove. Running a third string back for a lot of the first half. Playing the 2nd string qb a lot of the second quarter. Etc. 

The offense got better and better on timing and everything as the first half ticked away. I think we are going to be ok early and then get really good by the time we see region play. Kind of the M.O. over the past couple of seasons again. 

The defense is pretty beastly. We are often pretty good there, and tonight, down a couple of big guys, we still looked really good. 

Special teams are amazing as usual. 

We will certainly find out how good we really are next Saturday at the Benz against McEachern. They ain't no Miller Grove. 

My phone survived the weather. I have a waterproof phone but water got between the otterbox  protector and the touch screen and caused it to wig out. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodchopper said:

Colquitt 30-0 after playing 2s and 3s for a shortened 3rd and final qtr.

How do you come away feeling about the team? 

Still kind of hard to tell to me. It seemed like we were playing a lot of kids right from the start. Definitely started looking better and better on O as the night progressed too. 

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

How do you come away feeling about the team? 

Still kind of hard to tell to me. It seemed like we were playing a lot of kids right from the start. Definitely started looking better and better on O as the night progressed too. 

The 1st quarter was rough. But they settled down and got in a rhythm. Never a doubt about the D. The offense will be a work in progress like last year. I wish we could have gotten a scrimmage against a bigger school. Hard to measure yourself when the other team just doesnt have the size and athleticism that we will see all year long. In the 3rd Q they put in a WR the size of my 9y old and a few more had to be helped to the sideline with hopefully minor injuries. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodchopper said:

The 1st quarter was rough. But they settled down and got in a rhythm. Never a doubt about the D. The offense will be a work in progress like last year. I wish we could have gotten a scrimmage against a bigger school. Hard to measure yourself when the other team just doesnt have the size and athleticism that we will see all year long. In the 3rd Q they put in a WR the size of my 9y old and a few more had to be helped to the sideline with hopefully minor injuries. 

Pretty much the same way I came away feeling. 

Miller Grove isn't anywhere close to being on the level of playing with a team like Colquitt. I definitely appreciate them coming down though. I would have hated seeing another intrasquad and then having to play McEachern without a tune up against a different opponent. 

I hated seeing the Miller Grove kids getting hurt like that, A few were just like bumps and bruises but that first kid that came to our tent... Yeah I hope he's ok. I mean they didn't send him to an ambulance or anything, but, they worked on him for a long time for sure. 

Stupid rain. Lol. Made it tough tonight. 

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

i heard that and that they've cut the number of sideline passes so as to stop some of our equipment managers and that type that's always on the sideline from going also. 

Pretty shitty stuff going on with the new Benz stadium I guess. 

New thing, sideline passes and all.

This season or was it in the works?

Timing question.

BGW

30 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

New thing, sideline passes and all.

This season or was it in the works?

Timing question.

BGW

Well, they always required sideline passes. Something about cutting the number that they are giving the teams. 

I guess to make them cut non-essential persons from being down there. Idk. 

We have a few kids that are always on the sideline with the team. It's never been an issue before as they gave the passes for them. I guess, if I understand correctly, they're just saying you get x number of passes this year and that's it. 

Make it work. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, they always required sideline passes. Something about cutting the number that they are giving the teams. 

I guess to make them cut non-essential persons from being down there. Idk. 

We have a few kids that are always on the sideline with the team. It's never been an issue before as they gave the passes for them. I guess, if I understand correctly, they're just saying you get x number of passes this year and that's it. 

Make it work. 

This is coming from one of the kids that may not make the trip if he can't get the pass. I'd imagine that someone told him he may be cut from travelling with the team as he always does due to the pass limit.

I offered to buy him a ticket, but, he goes with the team and all so he wouldn't want to go any other way I guess. 

Normally you don't put a lot of stock in a scrimmage game score...no matter how bad it is.  But I think a lot of us were shocked that GA gave up 64.    The Cats' strength this year is on the offensive side of the ball and they're working to improve their defense....but honestly...I would imagine that they're even surprised at the 64 points.

Valdosta gets a freebie...or so to speak...next Friday opening up against Jackson at home.  Should be another high score.  BUT...on the 24th...they get to make the trip to the Devil Den (and that durn cannon).  We'll all get to find out how good the Cats are then.  Rush says Tift could be the spoiler this year.  

Rufus>>

• Like 1