Warner Robins @ Archer (scrimmage)

ATLien12x

Okay so I covered this scrimmage tonight so I figured I’d give y’all a run down of what I saw. Defensively the front seven for Archer absolutely dominated the the first half. Warner Robins had two first downs and both were picked up by #24 the RB. Fromm had a bad night. Two interceptions in the first half. The first series of the game he threw a pick six. That said, he had no time! Archer defense is very good in the back end with Andrew Booth (Clemson) and Jalen alexander two big time playmakers, so that front seven was just feasting as Warner Robins couldn’t seperate. Defensively on the line I was super impressed with Tyler Roach. Kid is a stud. 

Warner Robins (14-1 in 5A) defense played very well outside of one drive right before the half. But let’s be honest a lot of that has to do with Archer just not being great on offense. Peevy the QB made one nice throw on a touchdown pass but their offense didn’t move the ball well either.

Warner Robins was much smaller than Archer. Over the course of the game the field position would’ve killed them. They won’t beat Colquitt this year. Or any top 7A team.  

Scoring summary 

7-0 - Archer - #4 Pick six (11:44 1st) 

9-0 Archer - safety (10:50 2nd) 

16-0 Archer - 20 yard TD Pass to #3 (00:51 seconds before half) 

————-

so Archer pulled their starters right at halftime. Warner Robins played theirs for a series in the 3rd. During that series Fromm led them on a quick touchdown drive. Cut the deficit 16-7 with 7:32 left in 3rd on a 20 yard touchdown pass. All starters left game after that. 

Warner Robins added a field goal after a good drive with second unit. #25 ran well for them 

final, 

16-7 Archer after varsity 

19-16 Warner Robins Final. JV won the useless 4th 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

Jalen Alexander?  At Archer?  Hmmm....

That's the Grayson kid that sat with me during the Archer vs. Colquitt game last year huh?

I remember thinking he was a good kid. He claimed to hate Archer and wanted to see us beat them. Now he's over there playing for them?

Y'all northern teams are weird man. Haha. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

That's the Grayson kid that sat with me during the Archer vs. Colquitt game last year huh?

I remember thinking he was a good kid. He claimed to hate Archer and wanted to see us beat them. Now he's over there playing for them?

That's what I'm trying to figure out.  I'm confused.

• Like 1

Just now, TheXFactor said:

Nope Jalen Alexander from Grayson is still at Grayson..This Jalen Alexander transferred in from SW Dekalb this past spring 

I was thinking that would be really weird because Jalen told me he hated... HATED Archer. xD Real talk. Great kid. I was impressed with how he carried his self and how polite he was to a Moultrie boy that was invading Gwinnett county. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheXFactor said:

Nope Jalen Alexander from Grayson is still at Grayson..This Jalen Alexander transferred in from SW Dekalb this past spring 

Thanks.  I though our Jalen was still there but I missed the green and gold game and was confused big time!  I can see where our game against Archer will get confusing for whoever is broadcasting the game.  🤪

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Thanks for the updates on Warner Robins. Colquitt has to travel up to see them so it's good to hear a little about them. 

Their defensive line/linebackers played really well! It was their best unit in this game. I think it was #12 and #17, they dominated. They had some super weird numbers for defensive lineman/outside backers rushing the edge but they were kicking Archer’s ass up front too. 

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just the northern people, yo.

BGW

• Like 1