Is The Marietta/Rome Game Over Yet?

Rufus69

Durn...Just Durn !!!!!

I stayed in up to the 12:45 am mark.  Saw the Blue Devils fumble around the 4 yard line with the score 51 - 41 Rome.  Finally said....Fork this...I'm going to bed.

Way too many mistakes...even for a first game.  But...the good news is...only the first game.  Plenty of time to mend those sloppy ways.  I will say this...Marietta may hafta put things in crisis mode cause they got themselves a killer schedule.  I find it hard to believe those kids have to go to school today.  What happened to the curfew rule?   And I also will say...Shorty Reid looked to be in mid-season form.  Rush asked this morning...who won?    He was too busy putting the final touches on the Packer Gameplan to attack them Insolent Injuns up in the Benz on Saturday.  Ms. Violet and I are leaving the Island around 10:30 this morning.  Probably spend the night in Macon.  But anyway ya cut it....

Go You Hairy Hawgs !!!!

See ya on the stream.....

Rufus>>

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Why wasn't this game called? I recall the Sandy Creek-Plant game being called because of the school night after midnight crap.

This is the Corky Kell... Not some OOS game in Fayette Co. Could you really see them calling a game like Rome-Marietta thats part of the CKKC? Backlash.

That Plant/Sandy Creek game was said to have been called with Plant marching at the end because of a GHSA rule. 

If that is true they broke the rule here. I guess corruption has no bounds. 

How the hell do you call a game with one minute left anyways? That is so shady and corrupt its jaw dropping. 

This game yesterday should have been called. Terrible decision 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

That Plant/Sandy Creek game was said to have been called with Plant marching at the end because of a GHSA rule. 

If that is true they broke the rule here. I guess corruption has no bounds. 

How the hell do you call a game with one minute left anyways? That is so shady and corrupt its jaw dropping. 

This game yesterday should have been called. Terrible decision 

Plant was not marching. Plant did not run a single play from midfield. It was Punt, game over.

There was also more than 1 minute left.

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yes. They totally screwed an oos team with one minute left in the game while driving for the win. One minute. 

And they let this game go on for an hour past that one! 

This is as corrupt as Hillary trying to rig the election 

They werent driving. Plant did not get to midfield by way of offense. It was a punt.

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Yes. They totally screwed an oos team with one minute left in the game while driving for the win. One minute. 

And they let this game go on for an hour past that one! 

This is as corrupt as Hillary trying to rig the election 

Well I can think of 2 reasons why the SC-Plant game was called and this wasnt... 

If I recall Plant didnt stay overnight they went back to Tampa after the game. 

Also Both Marietta and Rome are close to the game site so theyre not gonna be terribly out of range of gettibg home late... 

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

They werent driving. Plant did not get to midfield by way of offense. It was a punt.

Still pretty suspect, right? Whether they were driving or had just received a punt, and even if there was more than a minute remaining...that was an odd decision to call it at that point. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Plant was not marching. Plant did not run a single play from midfield. It was Punt, game over.

It was was under 2 minutes left in the game(1:50 to be exact). 

Why wouldn't anyone let the last 2 minutes of the game play out?

The rule is obviously only used when they feel like implementing it. Like was said by many after the game.

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Well I can think of 2 reasons why the SC-Plant game was called and this wasnt... 

If I recall Plant didnt stay overnight they went back to Tampa after the game. 

Also Both Marietta and Rome are close to the game site so theyre not gonna be terribly out of range of gettibg home late... 

So an extra 5-10 minutes tops is going to make a difference ?

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Still pretty suspect, right? Whether they were driving or had just received a punt, and even if there was more than a minute remaining...that was an odd decision to call it at that point. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Sure. I can see how it looks suspect. 

I can see how both sides are right. 

But its not like Plant was in the middle of a drive, Sandy Creek had just punted and Plant got the ball midfield.

Plant should thank their lucky stars they tied... Sandy Creek made some mistakes to start the game and started in a hole... And climbed back outscoring them 27-7 before Plant hit 1 more TD.

Was an interesting game for sure.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Plant should thank their lucky stars they tied... Sandy Creek made some mistakes to start the game and started in a hole... And climbed back outscoring them 27-7 before Plant hit 1 more TD.

Like in anything, there's up's and downs. That game was back and forth. Plant went up 12-0 and were down at the half 13-12. They went back up 19-13 then Sandy Creek went up 27-19 before Plant scored and added the two point conversion to make it 27 all. This was a back and forth affair with Plant not being able to have their opportunity at winning the game, because the refs didn't allow them too. 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I doubt it But the same thing happened last year... 

With Jones and Houston they played till 12AM and finished. 

But Im not about  to bust my balls over a game from 6 years ago... 

Jones-Houston was a 42-3 game. Will an extra 2 minutes help the team that's down 39 points?