Whiteshoes Top 100 - August 28, 2018

whiteshoes

On August 29, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Pops said:

#doublestandard

go on a crusade against Folsom and their schedule and then rewarding teams like MV and oaks over Folsom when their W/L from an inferior schedule is clearly the only reason 

obfuscate all you want 

i would take Folsom over cc today straight up — CC schedule much better than MV/ Oaks but folsom and Cc would still switch places in rankings if they had switched schedules 

Damn dude Corona has made a couple statements this year.   Gonna have to disagree with you based on my eye test, but I guess we'll know more as the year goes on.

Just now, 954gator said:

Damn dude Corona has made a couple statements this year.   Gonna have to disagree with you based on my eye test, but I guess we'll know more as the year goes on.

I like corona — they are my favorite socal team and Logan is my favorite socal coach 

their 2nd best opponent might be the best 2nd opponent anyone has played so their AVERAGE schedule very high 

but Folsom has played a team that would beat them both and Folsom would also be 2-0 with CC’s schedule 

am not trying to diss on CC — that’s just where socal guys want to rally around 

chandler was severely overranked in preseason — don’t think of them as a top 10 national team, more like maybe top 100 

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

No one said Pitt would beat CC

fakenewsfromsocal

I recall a few threads early in the season where a few Norcal posters were very high on Pitt, saying they could be the #2 team in Norcal, could beat Folsom and give DLS and good game.  No worries. I do think the Pitt/CC game will be closer this year. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pops said:

I like corona — they are my favorite socal team and Logan is my favorite socal coach 

their 2nd best opponent might be the best 2nd opponent anyone has played so their AVERAGE schedule very high 

but Folsom has played a team that would beat them both and Folsom would also be 2-0 with CC’s schedule 

am not trying to diss on CC — that’s just where socal guys want to rally around 

chandler was severely overranked in preseason — don’t think of them as a top 10 national team, more like maybe top 100 

What makes you so sure DLS would beat Chandler and OL?  Just curious?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Colonel said:

I recall a few threads early in the season where a few Norcal posters were very high on Pitt, saying they could be the #2 team in Norcal, could beat Folsom and give DLS and good game.  No worries. I do think the Pitt/CC game will be closer this year. 

I know people were high on Pitt but I don’t remember anyone putting Pitt on DLS or folsom’s level

their loss wasn’t that big of a surprise — CVC was an SBG team the year prior (lost the 1A game 50-49 or something like that)

pitt came back strong the next week and beat st mary’s if Stockton 48-7.  

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

What makes you so sure DLS would beat Chandler and OL?  Just curious?

confident yes; sure no

OLu was a cute pick as a break out team in 2015 also and played DLS.  The score (41-3) was closer than the actual game)

chandler at this point is just the eye test — cc didn’t actually look that great to me (QB issues for sure that cc normally doesn’t have) and they crushed a very overranked chandler team 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

That was a handful of DLS posters and they completely stopped that rhetoric after they saw Folsom is person. 

Just now, Extremely Humble said:

What happened to this site?! I checked for it the other day and it was gone... 

Heard that 

I haven’t been there since at least last december if not longer 

local boards have more knowledge in some cases but usually (and definitelynin socal) they have even more posters that appear mentally challenged 

Pops finally has argument on the devils behalf that they “played a top team”.  God bless him.  He’s gonna ride that pony all year and I can’t fault him for doing it.   

The bottom line is that the devil was blanked by said top team, which may not in fact be a top team depending on what happens against The Bishop who themselves got boat raced...and blanked 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

confident yes; sure no

OLu was a cute pick as a break out team in 2015 also and played DLS.  The score (41-3) was closer than the actual game)

chandler at this point is just the eye test — cc didn’t actually look that great to me (QB issues for sure that cc normally doesn’t have) and they crushed a very overranked chandler team 

I think it's early to make any definitive statements here, but from what I saw in the DLS vs Folsom game, it's my early eye test opinion that this DLS is not anywhere near 2015 DLS.   That being said...maybe, maybe not.   It's early.   OL didn't look like a team that would be an easy win for DLS IMO.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I think it's early to make any definitive statements here, but from what I saw in the DLS vs Folsom game, it's my early eye test opinion that this DLS is not anywhere near 2015 DLS.   That being said...maybe, maybe not.   It's early.   OL didn't look like a team that would be an easy win for DLS IMO.

Right now I’d say this about DLS 

> ‘16/ ‘17 (when they finished top 25 in country)

< ‘15 (when they finished #1 after beating #1 CC in SBG and long after easily rolling OLu 41-3)

OLu better than ‘15 and DLS not as good, but gap not closed nearly enough to be competitive imho 

look, my point here is mostly to Sammy — Folsom would roll to 16-0 records with running clocks on everyone (including better teams than servite) and sammy would withhold the love for their lack of playing a national elite opponent 

I just want treatment to be equal — right now, I believe CC and Folsom would have eachnothers results if they had each others schedule.  I like CC but I don’t think they’re #8 in the country — they’re flying high right now after 2 nice Ws, but folsom played the best opponent so shouldn’t we account for that as Sammy has always preached 

14 minutes ago, Pops said:

< ‘15 (when they finished #1 after beating #1 CC in SBG and long after easily rolling OLu 41-3)

OLu better than ‘15 and DLS not as good, but gap not closed nearly enough to be competitive imho 

look, my point here is mostly to Sammy — Folsom would roll to 16-0 records with running clocks on everyone (including better teams than servite) and sammy would withhold the love for their lack of playing a national elite opponent 

I just want treatment to be equal — right now, I believe CC and Folsom would have eachnothers results if they had each others schedule.  I like CC but I don’t think they’re #8 in the country — they’re flying high right now after 2 nice Ws, but folsom played the best opponent so shouldn’t we account for that as Sammy has always preached 

I’m no historian on DLS teams but this DLS team is pretty weak on Offense. I’ve been to both their games and no push from line at all. Qb is average right now at best running and throwing. Rb look average at best for DLS. Neither seem to have breakaway speed or ability to make guys miss-break tackles.  They will lose a game they shouldn’t if their O doesn’t improve drastically. 

Their D is very good. Very impressed with their athletes and DBs. 

56 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Pops finally has argument on the devils behalf that they “played a top team”.  God bless him.  He’s gonna ride that pony all year and I can’t fault him for doing it.   

The bottom line is that the devil was blanked by said top team, which may not in fact be a top team depending on what happens against The Bishop who themselves got boat raced...and blanked 

DLS and Folsom only played each other and now they are both world beaters

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pops said:

Chandler beats DLS

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Pops said:

Better teams than Servite would be MV,  OLU and Jserra.  Highly Doubt the devil would do much better than .700 playing a 16 game schedule that included 8-10 games vs. Jserra, MV and OLU. 

Which exactly the point about the devils lofty w/L records over the past 7 years.  But to Pops credit, he has the luxury of arguing otherwise because the devil will never play a schedule like that.

At least they took a step in the right direction this year in week 0.  Then back to the Ponderosa's of the HS scene

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I’m no historian on DLS teams but this DLS team is pretty weak on Offense. I’ve been to both their games and no push from line at all. Qb is average right now at best running and throwing. Rb look average at best for DLS. Neither seem to have breakaway speed or ability to make guys miss-break tackles.  They will lose a game they shouldn’t if their O doesn’t improve drastically. 

Their D is very good. Very impressed with their athletes and DBs. 

Not an unfair perspective

but I am a bit more of a historian and know that DLS usually starts slow on offense even with teams that turn out to be pretty high powered offensively 

‘04/ ‘05/ ‘07 (state champs/ MP #1), ‘08 (almost lost to 6-6 serra team), ‘09 (shutout in first half by 8-4 serra team, won 14-7 then won state 28-14), ‘11 (scored 1 offensive TD vs Bellarmine, then won SBG Open 35-0), ‘12 (struggled vs Mullen and at mary’s Before winning SBG by 20), ‘13 (almost lost to serra for 3rd time in 5 years, then almost beat 1st monster socal team), etc

i don’t think i’m Overhyped on DLS — I certainly don’t think they’re underranked and wouldn’t argue them being indedogs to BG and huge underdogs in SBG 

I just have a bit more faith that the offense will get better — the BG game is the next big test and they need to get better fast for that 

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Better teams than Servite would be MV,  OLU and Jserra.  Highly Doubt the devil would do much better than .700 playing a 16 game schedule that included 8-10 games vs. Jserra, MV and OLU. 

Since 2010, they’d be 3-0 every year except 2011 and 2015 against those teams