Deporting illegals never gets old

HSFBfan

True story... 

I have jury duty this week. Monday it started, and I'm just in a 300 person pool. First case comes up, they call up 42 of us 300 folks. I wasn't one, but, here goes the story...

The man on trial was an illegal immigrant from Mexico. Been in the USA for 13 years as a migrant farmer. Splits time between Moultrie and Kentucky depending on the season. Accused of killing a man and 3 counts of aggravated assault/domestic violence. 

The appointed attorney asks the 42 member panel if any of them have a strong opinion of illegal immigration. No answers. Asks, well ok then, let's try it like this... Anyone have an opinion on build the wall, don't build the wall? 

No answers. You know good and damned well every one of them did. Ol' dude was gonna swing. 

Plead guilty while the 12 that got selected went to lunch. Maybe he was guilty, but his trial wasn't going to be fair either way. 

There's you one less illegal to worry over. Not sure what his sentence was as I was dismissed until tomorrow where I'll be in the pool again. Sucks to be me. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

True story... 

I have jury duty this week. Monday it started, and I'm just in a 300 person pool. First case comes up, they call up 42 of us 300 folks. I wasn't one, but, here goes the story...

The man on trial was an illegal immigrant from Mexico. Been in the USA for 13 years as a migrant farmer. Splits time between Moultrie and Kentucky depending on the season. Accused of killing a man and 3 counts of aggravated assault/domestic violence. 

The appointed attorney asks the 42 member panel if any of them have a strong opinion of illegal immigration. No answers. Asks, well ok then, let's try it like this... Anyone have an opinion on build the wall, don't build the wall? 

No answers. You know good and damned well every one of them did. Ol' dude was gonna swing. 

Plead guilty while the 12 that got selected went to lunch. Maybe he was guilty, but his trial wasn't going to be fair either way. 

There's you one less illegal to worry over. Not sure what his sentence was as I was dismissed until tomorrow where I'll be in the pool again. Sucks to be me. 

He got a pretty decent deal, pled to involuntary manslaughter. As for the case, he didn’t have much of a defense to speak of, so jury trial seemed mostly a formality. But I agree, can’t tell me that jury didn’t have an opinion

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ron169 said:

He got a pretty decent deal, pled to involuntary manslaughter. As for the case, he didn’t have much of a defense to speak of, so jury trial seemed mostly a formality. But I agree, can’t tell me that jury didn’t have an opinion

Well, I had the guy pegged as probably guilty just by his mannerisms as he sat there watching the proceeding. 

I felt like the entire thing was a show, including his attorney's questions, all set up to scare the guy into the plea deal. 

I never knew the details of the case at all, I guess I assume he beat the man to death, but have no idea. 

7 hours ago, Bormio said:

Me - I’d tell them I am for the Wall.  Then I could go back to work.

Nah, they just send you back to the audience and you have to return on Wednesday(today) as they pick for another trial. 

Trying to pick for 3 total trials this week if the trials go as expected. 

Going in for trial #2 today. Maybe I'll get picked so I don't have to hang out til 2 pm for nothing and then return tomorrow for another trial.

It's a tough way to do stuff if you ask me.

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah, they just send you back to the audience and you have to return on Wednesday(today) as they pick for another trial. 

Trying to pick for 3 total trials this week if the trials go as expected. 

Going in for trial #2 today. Maybe I'll get picked so I don't have to hang out til 2 pm for nothing and then return tomorrow for another trial.

It's a tough way to do stuff if you ask me.

I was picked one time and got to the point of being questioned by the attorneys before being seated.  But the prosecution struck me.  Not the defense.  I was like - “he must be innocent, you don’t want someone with half a brain on the jury”.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

P.S. Jury duty sucks! 

Especially if you don't get picked for the first case which gets dismissed due to plea deal. A guy I know actually was on that jury and almost beat me to somewhere other than the court house.

It is killing my week. Haha. 

Can't you just say your racist and they dismiss you? Lol. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, I had the guy pegged as probably guilty just by his mannerisms as he sat there watching the proceeding. 

I felt like the entire thing was a show, including his attorney's questions, all set up to scare the guy into the plea deal. 

I never knew the details of the case at all, I guess I assume he beat the man to death, but have no idea. 

That’s pretty gruesome.

• Like 1

If you come here illegally, it should be a first degree felony. Mexico should be liable for anyone coming from Central America. Mexico should also enact laws providing stiff punishment for anyone who comes here illegally and gets deported back to Mexico. Same with Central America. We should make every decision in regards to business and trade with these prerequisites. 

If you get deported and come back, you should be charged with treason. 

If you employ illegals knowingly, you should lose your business license. 

There has to be stiff punishment.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If you come here illegally, it should be a first degree felony. Mexico should be liable for anyone coming from Central America. Mexico should also enact laws providing stiff punishment for anyone who comes here illegally and gets deported back to Mexico. Same with Central America. We should make every decision in regards to business and trade with these prerequisites. 

If you get deported and come back, you should be charged with treason. 

If you employ illegals knowingly, you should lose your business license. 

There has to be stiff punishment.

I agree esp on the business owner part. They have to be accountable for their part in this.