De La Salle vs. St. Francis

ServiteTier6Irrelevant

On 9/12/2018 at 2:58 PM, TheRealOrangeCounty said:

In an ironic twist, Chaminade, Jesuit, & Antelope bumped Folsom's SoS up more than Central Catholic and St Francis did for DLS.

What’s not ironic is that you’re so clueless that you actually buy into computer rankings 4 games into the season. Jeez, playing Paraclete would raise Folsom’s Sos. Lol!🤣

On 9/8/2018 at 4:36 PM, Extremely Humble said:

Folsom honestly could have scored 90 if they left their starters in. 

And what exactly would that have proved?... 

I Can answer this!

That Folsom the paper tiger can beat a so cal team that has at their best won a D2 title, but this year has only a few returning starters... Another Folsom Facade of scheduling...

Chamanade couldn't beat La Habra, CDM, Upland, or any team that is playing in the nobody cares division in so cal... They likely couldn't even beat the top 25% oif the Down SFL league this year either... they were even worse then Jesuit and Antelope so that just goes to show how  down chaminade really is this year...

Nice try Folsom... CC and Bosco are still waiting for a call... Why not MV, you may even be able to beat them... We wont even mention MD... Its too Bad only DLS,  Pitt and St. Mary's are the only Nor cal teams not afraid to schedule any really competitive teams... Especially when a Team like Folsom has their "1 in 5 year Team".... 

This has all been said and Nobody Cares.... Enjoy SD by 17 in an upset in the "we need to have a parade bowl"...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Folsom's problem is that for years they've been wracking up ungodly numbers against nobodies. Which is why posters have been demanding they schedule someone with a pulse. Just like Dls didn't get respect until they played, and beat, MD(In the 90's?); Folsom won't get respect until they start beating nationally relevant opponents. They tried, this year with DLS, and once again failed. Folsom hasn't beaten a nationally relevant opponent since the mud bowl of 2010. Until they can challenge, and beat, nationally relevant opponents they won't get the respect of a nationally relevant program.

Now I'm going to try to figure out how to block other posters so I won't have block's nonsense cluttering this board for me. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TheRealOrangeCounty said:

there are no moral victories in the SOS battle

Not sure what you mean by this comment. I was responding to your comment about SOS and how the marginal difference between schedule strength between DLS and Folsom really has nothing to do with the topic we were discussing which was Folsom being a better selection over DLS for an Open bowl game. SOS is closely rated for both and it's only been 4 weeks, so still time for that to change drastically for either team. But before we can even have any meaningful discussion on SOS, DLS has to lose a couple games. Otherwise it's a pointless discussion because Folsom wont overcome their loss to DLS.

Great posts here by some semi-great people. I will ignore the poster who is capitalizing every other word for some weird reason. He seems to be confused.

1. Through 4 games- Folsom SoS: 45.8, DLS: 45.5 (the greatest part about this, is if the Bishop continues to nosedive, along with the top end strength of the SFL, Folsom's end of year  strength of schedule WILL LIKELY be better than DLS! Good luck explaining that one away.

2. DLS posters keep yelling- "you haven't played ANYONE nationally relevant!" Well, according to this, YOU haven't either (be care with the response on this and who is "nationally relevant.")

3. DLS has had 4 out of 5 games AT HOME to start the season. 3 out of the 4 were against teams they realistically shouldn't even be playing, according to their own accord. (3 out of the 4 would be mediocre SFL teams at best).

4. According to the rankings and polls, Chaminade is better than ANY team on DLSs schedule as of right now, outside of Folsom. Screaming- "they are ALL wrong," just makes you look stupid.

5. DLS posters come on here screaming again "you scheduled Chaminade on a DOWN year!" Well, by the looks of it, DLS also ironically, got Bishop Gorman AT HOME, on their worst down year in a decade. Must be a coincidence.

As an Irvine resident, I have to speak to the above facts, as they are what really matters.

The fact remains that tonight, DLS will struggle to get 30 points on a team that probably is 2nd or 3rd best in a down state of Nevada. A team Folsom might likely hang 70 on.

You guys better come with something better next time. I am running circles around you. At this point, Colquitt is outdoing you on scheduling lol 😉

6 hours ago, TheRealOrangeCounty said:

Through 4 games- Folsom SoS: 45.8, DLS: 45.5 (the greatest part about this, is if the Bishop continues to nosedive, along with the top end strength of the SFL, Folsom's end of year  strength of schedule WILL LIKELY be better than DLS! Good luck explaining that one away.

2. DLS posters keep yelling- "you haven't played ANYONE nationally relevant!" Well, according to this, YOU haven't either (be care with the response on this and who is "nationally relevant.")

3. DLS has had 4 out of 5 games AT HOME to start the season. 3 out of the 4 were against teams they realistically shouldn't even be playing, according to their own accord. (3 out of the 4 would be mediocre SFL teams at best).

4. According to the rankings and polls, Chaminade is better than ANY team on DLSs schedule as of right now, outside of Folsom. Screaming- "they are ALL wrong," just makes you look stupid.

5. DLS posters come on here screaming again "you scheduled Chaminade on a DOWN year!" Well, by the looks of it, DLS also ironically, got Bishop Gorman AT HOME, on their worst down year in a decade. Must be a coincidence.

As an Irvine resident, I have to speak to the above facts, as they are what really matters.

The fact remains that tonight, DLS will struggle to get 30 points on a team that probably is 2nd or 3rd best in a down state of Nevada. A team Folsom might likely hang 70 on.

You guys better come with something better next time. I am running circles around you

You running circles around us like Billy Hayes in Midnight Express.  And weren't you "speaking as a DLS fan" just a little bit ago?

To refute your points:

1) DLS's SOS is dragged down by the Folsom game.  Folsom's increased due to DLS.  And at the end of the year, DLS will probably get boosted by whomever they play in the Open.  At the moment, SOS means nothing; the only number that means anything is 14-0.  We'll see what happens in late November.

2) Practically everyone, not just DLS fans, are talking about playing "nationally relevant teams" ever,  Not just this season.  When was the last time Folsom played MD, SJB, STA, Bosco, St. Louis, Evangel, Cent10, Gorman, etc. etc?  Hell, even Servite?  Take all the time you need to answer (and "Folsom would put 100 up on Servite" is not an adequate answer).

3) Uh, so what?   And that is just your opinion.

4) Sideways argument as to what is really being said. But you're right, lets see where teams are at the end of the season before pursuing this argument.

5) I don't think anyone is screaming that.  In fact, the way I remember it is that people have been saying all along that Folsom should easily handle Chaminade.  The ridicule was that Folsom opted for them when they could have gone with tougher opponents.  But give them credit for wading into the big boy pool instead of going off the high dive.  Baby steps.  And your DLS getting Gorman at home loses merit when you consider it is the back end of a home and home.  How did Chaminade fare at Folsom last season?

• Like 2