De La Salle vs. St. Francis

ServiteTier6Irrelevant

3 hours ago, Pops said:

WCAL has had 4 near misses on the NorCal streak in last 10 years (and usually gets one chance per year)

1. 2008 -- DLS trails by 7 with a couple of minutes left, scores, and fumbles the PAT snap. Fortunately for streak, holder was future Atlanta Falcon Teron Ward, who ran it in for 2 and 29-28 win.
  2. 2009 --- One week before DLS travelled to NJ to play MNC DBP, they warmed up with a 14-7 win over Serra, in which they trailed 7-0 at the half.
  3. 2011 -- Bellarmine held Sparty to one TD in regulation and just needed to execute a successful PAT in 1st OT to end streak.  Alas, they missed and Sparty won in 2 OTs.
  4. 2013 -- Serra was up 10 points with about 4 minutes to go and couldn't hang on.

WCAL has definitely been very pesky to Sparty over the years

Also, Palma tied the Spartans 7-7 in 2004 and failed to recover an onside kick in the waning moments of a 28-21 loss in 2005.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ararar said:

St Francis only beat Norte Dame (SO) by 11 points up north and then ND went home and lost to Moorpark...yes I said Moorpark.Cant See this as being much of a game

Moorpark has been consistent over many years and would be a perennial power in NoCal. Only DLS would  be above them.

Nobody has ever heard of Folsom until recently, and they were just shut out against the only relevant team they have ever played.

20 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Nobody has ever heard of Folsom until recently, and they were just shut out against the only relevant team they have ever played.

LMFAO far from recent. 

It will only get worse after your Chaminade boys get running clocked on Friday. 

A suburban public school is about to roll a private in SoCal. 

4 hours ago, Pops said:

WCAL has had 4 near misses on the NorCal streak in last 10 years (and usually gets one chance per year)

1. 2008 -- DLS trails by 7 with a couple of minutes left, scores, and fumbles the PAT snap. Fortunately for streak, holder was future Atlanta Falcon Teron Ward, who ran it in for 2 and 29-28 win.
  2. 2009 --- One week before DLS travelled to NJ to play MNC DBP, they warmed up with a 14-7 win over Serra, in which they trailed 7-0 at the half.
  3. 2011 -- Bellarmine held Sparty to one TD in regulation and just needed to execute a successful PAT in 1st OT to end streak.  Alas, they missed and Sparty won in 2 OTs.
  4. 2013 -- Serra was up 10 points with about 4 minutes to go and couldn't hang on.

WCAL has definitely been very pesky to Sparty over the years

No doubt more so than the SFL.  I think the closest they have ever gotten is like 2 TD's. LOL!!  2TDS'?  HAHAHA

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

No doubt more so than the SFL.  I think the closest they have ever gotten is like 2 TD's. LOL!!  2TDS'?  HAHAHA

The closest anyone from the SJS has come was St. Marys, with a 21-13 loss in 2012.

But yes, I believe there have been 5 games against SFL teams and the closest was 14 from a few weeks ago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I was at the RODEO for that one.  Watched them from the sidelines with some buddy's

DLS QB couldn't hit the broadside of a barn that night.  Spartans had a lot of open receivers, but it seemed like every pass was overthrown by 3-5 yards.

I also seem to recall something about the Palma QB (playing safety at the time) recovering a fumble in the Spartan backfield.  He was taken down by a shoestring tackle, otherwise, there was no one remotely close to stop him from returning it 60-something yards.

13 hours ago, ServiteTier6Irrelevant said:

As an avid De La Salle fan, I will be taking my talents to Mountain View this weekend to view the heavyweight title fight between my De La Salle Spartans and the prestigious powerhouse that is the St. Francis Lancers.

A quick look at St. Francis: Currently #29 in the state, #276 Nationally, per Calpreps. I believe that ranking is a bit generous since the WCAL teams are now 2nd tier in NorCal. Hey, I am trying to be nice here!

Calpreps has the game 38-0 DLS, although is my Spartans can't put 40 on St. Francis, they are in big trouble against the Bishop!

My eyes will be on this game live but the Devil vs. Chaminade game on the stream, with a wink on my Servite squad on the game tracker.

Go Sparty!

Don’t waste your time with Folsom. They have some guy blowing up message boards trying to make them relevant because they have never been able to get it done on the field of play. Sources say the guy is a psych inmate at the local prison. There is a debate going on about psych inmates having access to the internet. 

Just giving you heads up and to be aware of the Folsom prison psycho.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

Don’t waste your time with Folsom. They have some guy blowing up message boards trying to make them relevant because they have never been able to get it done on the field of play. Sources say the guy is a psych inmate at the local prison. There is a debate going on about psych inmates having access to the internet. 

Just giving you heads up and to be aware of the Folsom prison psycho.

🤣🤣🤣...THAT^^^^^^^^^^^^^🤣🤣🤣..... The Folsom Psych ward fully on display with his multiple personalities...🤣🤣🤣

They don't need to take away their internet access, they just need to stop letting @FolsomPrisonBlues@ServiteTier6Irrelevantout of his straight jacket!!!....🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

🤣🤣🤣...THAT^^^^^^^^^^^^^🤣🤣🤣..... The Folsom Psych ward fully on display with his multiple personalities...🤣🤣🤣

They don't need to take away their internet access, they just need to stop letting @FolsomPrisonBlues@ServiteTier6Irrelevantout of his straight jacket!!!....🤣🤣🤣

First off- why are you only posting so late at night? And only to troll? Weird. 

Second- you've had at least TWO names banned off NCP in less than 2 weeks. How many more are you going to create? I think someone really needs a straight jacket. 

Enjoy watching us take on a top 10 SoCal team tonight while you take on.............wait for it......... St. Francis. From the long dead WCAL. What a schedule! 😂

I am a little disappointed you couldnt hide yourself on NCP from getting banned for at least a month. 2 weeks is a rookie move. You tried to pass off as a SoCal fan at first and then you totally took the bait from other posters and gave up your identity. You were outted. 

I just come on here to remind you that I own you and u were outted by little old NCP posters. Amateurs. But what else could we expect from someone who's team only managed to score 14 points on a suburban public high school with  o defense lol

Winning.

🤜🤛

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

19 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

DLS QB couldn't hit the broadside of a barn that night.  Spartans had a lot of open receivers, but it seemed like every pass was overthrown by 3-5 yards.

I also seem to recall something about the Palma QB (playing safety at the time) recovering a fumble in the Spartan backfield.  He was taken down by a shoestring tackle, otherwise, there was no one remotely close to stop him from returning it 60-something yards.

I just remember my friends and I thinking, is Palma going to beat DLS?  Palma was our second most hated team, PG being 1st by a lot, because they use to just demolish every team they played in the county.  Those Palma teams from the early 90's to like early 2000's were just monsters.  My senior we did only lose to them like 18 to 8 or something like that.  We were stoked after that game.  That's the game I had my infamous Earl Campbell run against them where I broke for a long run and they ripped my jersey off.  Lol.  Ah the good ol days. 

• Like 5