Allen vs. East 52- 20

DevilDog

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Leaving 2nd string QB 45yd TD. 51 - 0. Leaving this is a ass whipping.  Allen is tough..

My Texas tour of our elite by class continue. Still 10 mins left.

Thanks for you updates and input from your perspective at the game. 

1 hour ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

I wouldn't think Allen's coaches would allow that to happen.  The talent differential is too great, especially if we are talking about this year.   Seems SJB has a lot of seniors this year don't they? 

SJB just reloads every year. Going to Allen next year would result in a great game.

Just now, Gospeeder said:

SJB just reloads every year. Going to Allen next year would result in a great game.

They get a lot of transfers as far as I've read as you can transfer for athletic reasons in California. 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Best of luck to East..have a safer trip and I enjoyed the opportunity to watch an elite Utah football team.  Allen is a beast of a team.  

No one has beaten them in the little Death Star

If you're thinking I'm from East, that would be a negative.  I live around the Lufkin area and was really interested in this Utah East team. 

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

Wish that East game with DLS wasn’t cancelled. Would have been a good comparison game. 

I think DLS would have throttled East this year.

I'm not sure East is even at a semi elite level. The year they beat DLS; it was a very bad DLS team ( by their normal standards ) and have ridden on the coattails of the game ever since. From that point, every time they have stepped up they have easily been beaten. They are no where near Bingham's level.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

I'm not sure East is even at a semi elite level. The year they beat DLS; it was a very bad DLS team ( by their normal standards ) and have ridden on the coattails of the game ever since. From that point, every time they have stepped up they have easily been beaten. They are no where near Bingham's level.

While DLS was not at its elite level, I also think that was a good east team. They had a good RB in Warren and a good veer QB. They also had high level recruits all across the line. 

I like east’s program though. Good staff and the right mindset

Just now, Gospeeder said:

That's a good point, Bingham is on another level compared to East.  It's also that one team East can't seem to get over as well.  I'd consider Bingham one of the elite programs, maybe not in the top echelon of programs, but certainly much better than most. 

Bingham competed [33 - 25] with St. Thomas (FL) in 2016, a team that only lost by a point in overtime against that great Bishop Gorman team led by Tate Martell.  So, I'd say Bingham had to have been pretty dang good that year! 

3 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

While DLS was not at its elite level, I also think that was a good east team. They had a good RB in Warren and a good veer QB. They also had high level recruits all across the line.  

I like east’s program though. Good staff and the right mindset

Do you have a school, or schools, that you call favorites?  Where are you from? 

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

It’s fairly well known my rooting interest, so I usually let people figure it out. But I’m a DLS grad and that’s my team through and through. That said, I’m a HSFB fan 

I'm a new signee here, but visited the site to check national scores for a while before signing up.  And thanks for sharing instead of having me to discover it for myself finally.  

That's pretty sweet that you're a grad of the great DLS program.  In my experience, most people are fans of brands, not the sport.  So it's pretty sweet you guys here interested in the sport of football as a whole.  

DLS is my favorite team to watch outside of the state of Texas.  It's really a special treat to watch such a well coached team that also displays such sportsmanship.   

5 minutes ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

That's a good point, Bingham is on another level compared to East.  It's also that one team East can't seem to get over as well.  I'd consider Bingham one of the elite programs, maybe not in the top echelon of programs, but certainly much better than most. 

Bingham competed [33 - 25] with St. Thomas (FL) in 2016, a team that only lost by a point in overtime against that great Bishop Gorman team led by Tate Martell.  So, I'd say Bingham had to have been pretty dang good that year! 

That's what differentiates IMO the elite teams from the others. As you pointed out... outside of last years embarrassment, Bingham has gone toe to toe with the best in the country. East reminds me of Phillips... they are a very good team but needs to mature the program a little more before they are really ready to consistently run with the big boys.