Allen vs. East 52- 20

DevilDog

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

There's rules to ho this works?  Lol.  What state in the country gets the best home advantage due to different rules?  Let me help.  Rhymes with Nexas.

I'm good with that.  1st Rule of Battle make sure you have the advantage.  2nd Rule of Battle make sure they don't want to come back. 

• Haha 1

The fact that the Premier team in Cali and a National Powerhouse felt the need to come to Texas.  Should let all know the reputation of Texas Football.  Texas is not jumping up and down to go play anyone to prove anything.🤘

Believe me when I say we are good within our own borders.  I have seen damn near every OOS team and I have yet to see anything that would take me more than 40 mins to see every damn Friday. East Utah is the worst damn Football team I have seen this year and other than Bingham they spank Utah.  

Our Privates are Travelling and believe me when I say this they are below 4A DI and yet they are battling other States Elite to the end. 🤣

Let Lynch, Dunne, St. X and Prestonwood come and play you.  They get smoked by Argyle, Carthage and Melissa.  Yet These so Called National Teams or other States elite are battling them to the wire.   

@Belly Bob @AztecPadre @Ararar

i have mad respect for DLS and I think they are an incredible program and if you are a H.S. Football fan they are one of the teams you should see if you are a fan.  I always wanted to see them vs. the Sneaky Blonde's when both were great.  Just the contrast the Veer precision vs the Spread, Cali vs. Texas, 

i actually think though Florida is a beast with incredible athletes and great teams as well.  I think in all aspects of the game Cali and Texas are the Best.  Just look at the guy taking the Snap on Sunday it is a good damn Chance he is a Texan or Californian. 

We are the 2 biggest States with Great Football traditions that no one can touch from HS, COLLEGE, TO THE NFL

ALLEN, DLS, SJB, LT, KATY, LBP, ETC.   HOOKEM, TROJANS,  Big Earl, The Juice, The Wishbone, Student Body Right

DA RADUHS, DEM COWBOYS, DA NINERS.    

USC vs. TEXAS should be a damn game every year.  Vince Young, Reggie Bush.  Best damn College game ever with a bunch of Home Grown Kids.  

Cali is my 2nd Home.  Much respect.  BUT DON'T GET IT TWISTED DON;T MESS WITH TEXAS. 

THOSE DEEP SOUTH PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT HOW MANY NFL PLAYERS AND THEIR DEPTH.  TELL THEM TO CHECK OUT THE NFL HOF AND COUNT THE TEXANS AND CALIFORNIANS AND GET BACK WITH US. 😎

HOOKEM 

Image result for BEVO

Traveler:  is there anything cooler than that damn USC Fight Song 

Image result for usc horse

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not quite the same thing Bob.  SJB actually lost within the SAME tournament as DLS.  North shore and Katy although in the SAME class played in different divisions.  However, there were common opponents. Katy won that comparison 

i also believe a claim should be supported by others.  Where are the other end of season rankings that had SJB ranked higher than DLS?

Another good point.

USAT, Jeff Fisher, and CP all had DLS ranked higher than Katy at the end of the season.

A lot pros believed that a one-loss CA team was better than an undefeated TX team.

You and I might be suspicious of that claim, but we can't disagree that it is supported by others. 

38 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Belly Bob @AztecPadre @Ararar

[...]

USC vs. TEXAS should be a damn game every year.  Vince Young, Reggie Bush.  Best damn College game ever with a bunch of Home Grown Kids.  

[...]

I remember the game well. I watched it with my best friend and his dad at his dad's house. I was never a USC fan, but they were both huge fans, so I was a fan that night too. 

We were all standing up for that last play when Vince Young ran it in. 

Dad's dead now, and my friend lives 2,000 miles away, but we still talk football every weekend in the fall. 

I'm still waiting for Texas and USC to get their shit together. It's good for college football when those programs are strong. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Another good point.

USAT, Jeff Fisher, and CP all had DLS ranked higher than Katy at the end of the season.

A lot pros believed that a one-loss CA team was better than an undefeated TX team.

You and I might be suspicious of that claim, but we can't disagree that it is supported by others. 

That's because they had Cen10 #1 the week before they lost to DLS in the Championship game

The polls were like this and then they jumped DLS up.   DLS was 7th going into that game.  

High School Football America Top 25

#1 Corona Centennial Huskies (California)

Record: (14-0)

Previous Rank: #2

Rewind: Idle

Fast Forward: vs. #7 De La Salle in CIF State Bowl Open Division Championship

#2 Bishop Gorman Gaels (Nevada)

Record: (15-0)

Previous Rank: #3

Fast Forward: Season Completed

#3 Colquitt County Packers (Georgia)

Previous Rank: #5

Rewind: beat Roswell (Georgia) 30-13 for Georgia AAAAAA championship

#4 St. Edward Eagles (Ohio)

Record: (14-1)

Previous Rank: #4

#5 Katy Tigers (Texas)

Previous Rank: #8

Rewind: beat #16 Cibolo Steele (Texas) 38-0

Fast Forward: vs. #15 Lake Travis  (Texas), Class 6A Division I championship, Saturday

#6 IMG Academy Ascenders (Florida)

Record: (9-0)

Previous Rank: #6

#7 De La Salle Spartans (California)

Record: (12-1)

Previous Rank: #7

Rewind: Idle

Fast Forward: vs. #1 Corona Centennial (California), CIF State Bowl Open Division Championship, Saturday

#8 Westlake Chaparrals (Texas)

Rewind: beat #1 Allen (Texas) 23-17

Fast Forward: vs. North Shore (Texas), 6A Division I championship, Saturday

#9 St. John Bosco Braves (California)

Record: (13-1)

Previous Rank: #9

#10 Allen Eagles (Texas)

Rewind: lost to #26 Westlake (Texas) 23-17

Fast Foward: Season Completed

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

I remember the game well. I watched it with my best friend and his dad at his dad's house. I was never a USC, but they were both huge fans, so I was a fan that night too. 

We were all standing up for that last play when Vince Young ran it in. 

Dad's dead now, and my friend lives 2,000 miles away, but we still talk football every weekend in the fall. 

I'm still waiting for Texas and USC to get their shit together. It's good for college football when those programs are strong. 

Guess what was the largest crowd ever to watch a game at Texas.  Last week vs. USC.  Cali and Texas is always huge.  

Texas dominates No. 22 USC in front of record crowd

school-record 103,507 fans to close out the non-conference portion of its schedule.

21 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Another good point.

No we can’t, but some others had Katy ranked higher, but that’s not my issue.  It’s the claim that SJB was better than DLS. I definitely have support that Katy was ranked higher than north shore. 

But anyways that’s in the past.  No need to respond.  

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

That's right, baby.

It's not where you start but where you finish that really matters. 

And proof all those polls suck.  Katy was the Best team in Texas and that's all that matter.

This was the best team in Texas and there were no argument about it.  And I damn sure would not have hedged on them vs. anybody anywhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Guess what was the largest crowd ever to watch a game at Texas.  Last week vs. USC.  Cali and Texas is always huge.  

Texas dominates No. 22 USC in front of record crowd

school-record 103,507 fans to close out the non-conference portion of its schedule.

May God bless TX. 

They still show up even when TX struggles.

I respect that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

That's right, baby.

It's not where you start but where you finish that really matters. 

This is how dominate that KATY team and defense was:   A damn Study hall from SB NATION.  TEXAS.  You keep thinking NS was the Best.  

Getting schooled by the most dominant defense of 2015

In an era dominated by spread offenses and well drilled machines, the 2015 Katy Tigers won a state championship at the highest level in a hotbed of spread offenses thanks to a suffocating defense.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2016/3/21/11264258/the-best-texas-high-school-defense-in-history-Katy-Tigers

Playing against some of the most talented and well developed spread/up-tempo oriented teams in the nation the Tigers managed:

• To shut out 10 different opponents, including three playoff opponents.
  • To hold their opponents to an average of 3.9 points per game.
  • To surrender only 62 points for the entire year.
  • To hold 14 of their 16 opponents to single-digit point totals.
  • To be the second team to hold Lake Travis below 30 points that year and the first team to hold them below 28.

These would all be remarkable numbers regardless of context but when considered in light of the level of competition it's truly amazing how dominant this defense was over the course of 2015.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No we can’t, but some others had Katy ranked higher, but that’s not my issue.  It’s the claim that SJB was better than DLS. I definitely have support that Katy was ranked higher than north shore

I'm not claiming that SJB was ranked higher than DLS.

I'm claiming that SJB was better than DLS.

You can appeal to me for support.

And I'm sure that @dntn31 would support that claim too. We follow those teams like seagulls follow trawlers. So we'd know.

You understand, I'm sure.

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

And proof all those polls suck.  Katy was the Best team in Texas and that's all that matter.

This was the best team in Texas and there were no argument about it.  And I damn sure would not have hedged on them vs. anybody anywhere. 

Listen, baby, I'd take your word for it over the national pollsters.

We both know that they don't always get it right.

You've got to have your ear to the ground to know what's what in your neck of the woods.

8 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm not claiming that SJB was ranked higher than DLS.

I'm claiming that SJB was better than DLS.

You can appeal to me for support.

And I'm sure that @dntn31 would support that claim too. We follow those teams like a seagulls follow trawlers. So we'd know.

You understand, I'm sure.

Yes,but a rank denotes being better.  No credible outside source, besides yourself, supports your claim. 

At the end of the day we still have DLS>CC>SJB all within a matter of a week separation between play. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

Yes,but a rank denotes being better.  No credible outside source, besides yourself, supports your claim. 

Okay, baby.

Then let's agree that DLS and Katy were the best two teams in American in 2015, since USAT, Jeff Fisher, and CP all had DLS ahead of Katy, and since PN and MP both had Katy ahead of DLS.

I don't want to fight you, baby. It's too much for me. 

5 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Okay, baby.

Then let's agree that DLS and Katy were the best two teams in American in 2015, since USAT, Jeff Fisher, and CP all had DLS ahead of Katy, and since PN and MP both had Katy ahead of DLS.

I don't want to fight you, baby. It's too much for me. 

Correct, both were best from their respective state 

anyways, gotta go to bed 

20 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That's a good highlight video. 

I wish we had some Texas Live highlight videos coming out of CA.

So many of the highlight videos I see are such shit.