Allen vs. East 52- 20

DevilDog

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I think this is what gets them bent outta shape.  We come in on Fridays, talk about the Texas games, then leave and not participate in the million other threads on this and that rankings, etc,  

im like you, I never have to watch another OOS game and would be fine.  My passion was not created from other states.  I'm quite content, while they are in a frenzy to prove whatever it is they are trying to prove. 

I watched the #2 team in Utah last night get mudstomped.  Yet there are 15 teams in Texas that can beat Allen On Any Given night if THEY are not on their game.  That's why this is all ridiculous.  I had a more enjoyable time watching Melissa and Liberty Christian and next week if I can watch Newton vs West orange-stark would be even better.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I think this is what gets them bent outta shape.  We come in on Fridays, talk about the Texas games, then leave and not participate in the million other threads on this and that rankings, etc,  

im like you, I never have to watch another OOS game and would be fine.  My passion was not created from other states.  I'm quite content, while they are in a frenzy to prove whatever it is they are trying to prove. 

Funny thing they ignore how many times we have actually beat best teams from other states and have hardly ever done it with our best.  The list of state champs beat is impressive for state that everyone dogs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

You have to factor couple of things.

Trinity was not state champs as was both Bellevue and DLS

Trinity loses OT vs Bellevue - they also got beat 2 other times by teams who did not win state,  Meanwhile Bellevue rolls to state championship

Trinity knocked out on first round the year they beat DLS.  Meanwhile DLS rolls to state championship

DLS was #1 team in the nation returning most of team and defending state champ.  Has played in many big games over the years including games in Florida.  I am not buying your philosophy about playing up to potential.

what beat Trinity at Bellevue is they broke the huddle with the least talented RB in modern Trinity football history.  They got beat because they simply was not at the level that they had been.

None of the things you cite here as evidence are at all relevant to the issue at hand.

You claimed that a veer offense can't beat a top TX in TX.

He claimed that it can.

Notice that "can't" is much, much stronger than "didn't" or "haven't".

DLS almost did it on their very first try, with 3 new starting offensive linemen, in their very first game of the season. 

It's irrelevant that ET lost in the first round of the playoffs, since they were also 10-0 before that and beat that year's TX state champions much more convincingly than they beat DLS.

It's irrelevant that TX's state champions lost 3 games, unless you're willing to say something so stupid as TX's state champs weren't a top team in TX. It's irrelevant that DLS went undefeated in CA that year. 

Therefore, on the available evidence, a veer offense can beat a top TX team in TX, since DLS almost did on their first try.

Case closed. 

Why repeat the same points yet again?

8 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

None of the things you cite here as evidence are at all relevant to the issue at hand.

He claimed that it can.

DLS almost did it on their very first try, with 3 new starting offensive linemen, in their very first game of the season. 

It's irrelevant that ET lost in the first round of the playoffs, since they were also 10-0 before that and beat that year's TX state champions much more convincingly than ET beat DLS.

It's irrelevant that TX's state champions lost 3 games, unless you're willing to say something so stupid as TX's state champs aren't a top team in TX. It's irrelevant that DLS went undefeated in CA that year. 

Therefore, on the available evidence, a veer offense can beat a top TX team in TX, since DLS almost did on their first try.

Case closed. 

nm 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

You all keep mentioning that ET beat state champ north shore, but fail to realize that two other top texas teams beat north shore as well.  And none of them won a title either.  Both Westfield and manvel lost to lake Travis and Katy respectively in the playoffs that year.  Trinity didn't do anything earth shattering by beating north shore. 

Ed Oliver anchored that westfield defense and they would have shut down that DLS veer.  There are a lot other top texas teams besides you all quoting the same old names b/c that's who you all are familiar with. 

Are you joking?

I mentioned it in the post you just replied to.

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

He claimed that it can.

DLS almost did it in their very first try, with 4 new starting offensive linemen, in their very first game of the season. 

It's irrelevant that ET lost in the first round of the playoffs, since they were also 10-0 before that and beat that year's TX state champions much more convincingly than ET beat DLS.

It's irrelevant that TX's state champions lost 3 games, unless you're willing to say something so stupid as TX's state champs aren't a top team in TX. It's irrelevant that DLS went undefeated in CA that year. 

Case closed. 

This is your bogus opinion and I do not agree.

you act like Trinity was the only one to beat North Shore just like they was the only one to beat DLS.  Fact is North Shore had already been beat twice in Texas before Trinity ever played them by teams who did not win state.  

It was DLS who came here as defending champion of California ranked #1 in the country with people from Cali saying this team was going to be one of the best ever.

i stand by statement.  I said OOS teams are not going to come here (key word is here) and beat our elite teams with these type of offenses.

It was also Trinity’s first game too.  

For the record this was East 4th game.

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

you act like Trinity was the only one to beat North Shore just like they was the only one to beat DLS.  Fact is North Shore had already been beat twice in Texas before Trinity ever played them by teams who did not win state.  

It was DLS who came here as defending champion of California ranked #1 in the country with people from Cali saying this team was going to be one of the best ever.

i stand by statement.  I said OOS teams are not going to come here (key word is here) and beat our elite teams with these type of offenses.

It's a good bit.

Again, check the post you just replied to. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, xXZexxMooreXx said:

I put this list together after watching Mater Dei destroy Bishop Gorman earlier this year.  I can't say this is one hundred percent accurate, so if anybody see any errors you can point them out.  SJB had even more from my search.

( 21 ) D1 PROSPECTS

( 3 ) 5-Stars ------------------------------------------------------------------ National Rank By Class

QB --- Bryce Young ------- 5-11 --- 175 Junior [ #1 Dual Threat ]
WR --- Bru McCoy --------- 6'2.5" - 205 Senior [ #1 ATH ------- ]

CB --- Elias Ricks ------- 6-2 ---- 180 Junior [ #1 CB -------- ]

( 8 ) 4-Stars
APB -- Sean Dollars ------ 5'10" -- 185 Senior [ #1 -APB ------ ]
WR --- Braedin H-Dixon --- 6'3" --- 180 Senior [ #42 WR ------- ]
OG --- Myles Murao ------- 6-3 ---- 270 Junior [ #2 -OG ------- ]

DT --- Keyon W-Hudson ---- 6'2" --- 305 Senior [ #20 DT ------- ]
OLB -- Mase Funa --------- 6'2" --- 245 Senior [ #3 -OLB ------ ]
CB --- Zion Alefosio ----- 5-10.5 - 175 Junior
CB --- Darion Warren ----- 6-0 ---- 170 Junior [ #9 -CB ------- ]
S ---- Jeremiah Criddell - 5'11" -- 185 Senior [ #6 -S -------- ]

( 9 ) 3-Stars
WR --- Cameron Gardner --- 6'0" --- 175 Senior [ #181 WR ------ ]
WR --- Kody Epps --------- 5-11 --- 160 Junior [ #53 -ATH ----- ]
TE --- Michael Martinez -- 6'6" --- 245 Senior [ #23 -TE ------ ]
OC --- Tai Marks --------- 6-2 ---- 305 Junior [ #11 -OC ------ ]
OT --- Luke F-Fualalo ---- 6'7" --- 300 Senior [ #101 OT ------ ]
APB -- Shakobe Harper ---- 5'7" --- 180 Senior [ #17 -ATB ----- ]

DT --- Evan Bennett ------ 6'3" --- 315 Senior [ #93 -DT ------ ]
OLB -- Kobah Fuamatu ----- 6-1 ---- 200 Junior [ #39 -OLB ----- ]
S ---- William Nimmo ----- 6'1" --- 190 Senior [ #93 -S ------- ]

( 1 ) 2-Stars
OLB -- Steele Dubar ------ 6'0" --- 200 Senior [ #163 OLB ----- ]

* Position: APB (All Purpose Back)
* 247Sports Recruit Ratings Used

Zion is no longer on the team, he plays for Villa Park now

On 9/8/2018 at 12:29 PM, Texasball said:

Nobody is excited about this Allen win over east.  A lot of teams down here would have beat them. 

It’s know different than MD beating a sorry BG team in my eyes.

It doesn’t change the fact that this Allen team is super elite.

Is this Allen team more elite than last yr's Allen ?

On 9/8/2018 at 9:24 AM, State Champ said:

Well I believe East only had a 1 off game vs Allen. So the phone lines are open for any Cali team to call Allen for next year...maybe reverse the phone charges....today seems like a good day to call.

The most important question  to ask is this; Will Allen come to them ?  Huge, huge difference when you have to play oos early season game on the road in another state.  Early season games can be a crap shoot in state. Imagine how much more difficult traveling oos playing nationally elite programs.

On 9/8/2018 at 8:13 AM, Mjd33 said:

East hasn’t been a good team the last 2 years. They did have a solid physical  squad when they beat a poor DLS team. 

I don’t know if beating dls gave them false hope or what not but they shouldn’t be scheduling teams like allen or img. Beat beat bingham first .... 

Truth is they were never REALLY that good.   They beat DLS and became a name.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2018 at 1:03 AM, xXZexxMooreXx said:

Bingham competed [33 - 25] with St. Thomas (FL) in 2016, a team that only lost by a point in overtime against that great Bishop Gorman team led by Tate Martell.  So, I'd say Bingham had to have been pretty dang good that year! 

Honestly it was 33-0 going into the 4th.   They had a nice little comeback on some great plays, but...the score is a bit misleading IMO.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:01 PM, Texasball said:

Y'all always claim this, yet every time I ask for a source, they mysteriously cannot find one.  SO I ask AGAIN, please show me where "people" were saying that was DLS's best team ever?  It's true, everything is bigger in texas, including lies and excuses. 

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Y'all always claim this, yet every time I ask for a source, they mysteriously cannot find one.  SO I ask AGAIN, please show me where "people" were saying that was DLS's best team ever?  It's true, everything is bigger in texas, including lies and excuses. 

I believe it was Sammy, but then again it is Sammy.  So...

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I believe it was Sammy, but then again it is Sammy.  So...

As usual some have amnesia.  Many were in fact saying this in Cali about that DLS team.  Hell Sammy claimed they would take a knee for Mercy on ET.  Well Lookie here.  Just ask them to read what this said.  I have more.  You may copy and paste at your leisure.  One of their best ever till Texas happened. 😆

https://www.calhisports.com/2015/08/12/top-10-de-la-salle-showdowns/

• Haha 1

Should I exit stage left?

After winning last year’s CIF Open Division title with a 63-42 victory over Centennial of Corona and with a starting lineup of primarily juniors, the question about this year’s football team at De La Salle of Concord wasn’t whether it would start out No. 1 in California or even No. 1 in the nation but whether it might be one of the best or the best in the legendary program’s history.

• Like 1

2018 recruiting numbers by position D1 (State Leaders)

WR - Texas 58 or 16.9 % of the total

TE - Texas 13 or 10.2 % of the total

Safety - Texas 42 or 20.6 % of the total 

OL - Texas 72 or 15.5 % of the total

Kicker - Texas 6 Or  21.4 % of the total

Athlete - Texas 28 or 16.6 % of the total

QB -  TX/ CA both 23 or 14.8 % of the total

Corner - Florida 55 or 21.5 % of the total

DE -  FL/CA both 40 or 14% of the total

DT - California  25 or 12.6 % of the total

LB - California 40 or 13.5% of the total

Long Snapper - Arizona 2 or 25% of the total

Punter - Australia 5 or 29.4% of the total

RB - Florida 33 or 18.9 % of the total 

Texas lead in 7 groups including 1 tie

Cal lead in 4 groups including 2 ties

Florida lead in 3 groups including 1 tie

Texas lead the nation in total D1 recruits this includes Juco kids

387 TX

352 FL

336 CA    - If you take out the California Juco players the difference between California and Georgia is 237 to 216

221 GA

If Texas public school 6A and 5A was a state- not including Juco players -  (don't have the ability to figure the Juco kids into this)

Texas would be #2 behind the entire state of Florida for number of HS kids

Texas Class 5A would be top 5-6 state every year- - runs neck and neck every year that I have checked with states such as Ohio and Louisiana ( Figured by taking TX out of the equation)

For the record - The entire state of NJ produced 40 D1 kids this past year  with population of 9,005,644 and has one of the worse per capita ratings at 0.44

Texas with 2nd largest population is still number 6 in the nation per capita total population

Leaders are - GA, LA, (AL/FL) MS, TX - this based on 2018 recruiting numbers