IMG vs MD Broadcast Nationally on Fox Sports Pacific which is Verizon #302

BigDrop

1 minute ago, GrecoRoman said:

Lol - nah I honestly think it's the truth.  There could be some better offenses or better defenses but not that were both on the same team.  I would say STA 09 could have a better offense but there defense wasn't near as good - that kind of thing.  

2010 STA underrated IMO because the defense was flat out guuud.

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

2010 STA underrated IMO because the defense was flat out guuud.

Yea true.  But seeing a 3 WR set with Dorsett, Greene and Lamarcus Joyner in the slot is still hard for me to believe to this day existed at the HS level.  Oh by the way, peering into the backfield you have a 2 back set of James White and Gio Bernard behind D1 laden oline and an NFL QB who started in for two different Big 10 schools. 

No - there has never been a HS offense close to this in talent and I find it hard to believe there will be again.  

(oddly enough - I think Dorsett was the biggest talent of all and he hasn't exploded yet in the NFL - not sure what you think him).  He was incredibly explosive

15 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Yea true.  But seeing a 3 WR set with Dorsett, Greene and Lamarcus Joyner in the slot is still hard for me to believe to this day existed at the HS level.  Oh by the way, peering into the backfield you have a 2 back set of James White and Gio Bernard behind D1 laden oline and an NFL QB who started in for two different Big 10 schools. 

No - there has never been a HS offense close to this in talent and I find it hard to believe there will be again.  

(oddly enough - I think Dorsett was the biggest talent of all and he hasn't exploded yet in the NFL - not sure what you think him).  He was incredibly explosive

Yeah at full strength 2009 STA was legit.  They had some injuries though as Gio was out most of the second half of the year.    They fell asleep against an up and coming Manatee in a hostile environment and couldn't get it done.    That team lost it's hunger and thought it was going to walk to the state title, kids were already thinking about the next level.   

16 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

He was probably the most uncoverable WR STA has had.   His speed and route running would leave kids in the dust.  He's the type of kid that at the high school level needs a good QB though.    Most QBs would feel better throwing to a guy like Hankerson or Bru McCoy who are bigger targets and not moving as fast. 

• Like 1