IMG vs MD Broadcast Nationally on Fox Sports Pacific which is Verizon #302

BigDrop

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

IMG has only had to play (2) games for all 4 quarters in the last 2 years.  Both to Cen10.

They are not in condition to have to play 4 quarters vs. the Stache.

Look for the Stache to jump ahead early, and pour it on the the 4th qtr.

Stache 42 - IMG (14) or 21

I posted this in another thread but I’m too darn hyped not to post it again:

IMG May win but they aren’t going to be ready for how hard MD hits...they won’t be ready for how many blitzes MD sends...they won’t be ready for the MD defense...My prediction...

1EBB861B-87DA-47FC-870D-D83D4C998456.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

I posted this in another thread but I to darn hyped not to post it again:

IMG May win but they aren’t going to be ready for how hard MD hits...they won’t be ready for how many blitzes MD sends...they won’t be ready for the MD defense...My prediction...

#Welcome to the Trinity League IMG.  Buahahahahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

IMG has only had to play (2) games for all 4 quarters in the last 2 years.  Both to Cen10.

They are not in condition to have to play 4 quarters vs. the Stache.

Look for the Stache to jump ahead early, and pour it on the the 4th qtr.

Stache 42 - IMG (14) or 21

I can think of the game vs Chandler and MC off the bat.  Even vs MNW starters were in to the finish.   What about The Hoover game?    This was 2017 only.  

Bishop Sullivan and TCA 2016... 

Typical bs from Sammy and his 5 screen name knuckle shuffle.  

great interview with Rollo...

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/09/20/game-of-the-week-mater-dei-img-academy-to-duel-for-national-bragging-rights/

“Schools think we have a bank in the center of campus and I go make withdrawals. One school said, ‘Yeah, we’d love to (play). We’re on our way … if you can send us $30,000, we’ll play you.’ ”

sounds like we almost had MD vs Colquitt...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I posted this in another thread but I’m too darn hyped not to post it again:

MD is prob the most complete all around HS team I've seen.  Very rare to see such balance at the HS level.

The defense doesn't impress as much as the offense.....you don't think IMG kids hit just as hard?   I would say harder as IMG has the  edge in raw athleticism which is the factor in hard hitting (not to be confused with effective swarming team defense) - if there is one area IMG has them it's there although I would expect much better team defense/swarming  from MD and a somewhat easy win.  

You need a lot more on the field  to beat MD than a bunch super talent more focused on the next level than the current game.  MD one of those rare teams that I don'y really see a weakness in

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I would say harder as IMG has the  edge in raw athleticism which is the factor in hard hitting

MD has since the late '80's been know for it's hard hitting, bring the heat, "bend and break you're back" defense. Most teams aren't used to hit. Having DB lay the wood, having LB's laying you with their elbows on your chin and having DL just beat the hell out of you on every play. when a team play's a Rollo lead MD team for the first time, they are normally surpised by how physical MD is. they aren't always the most talented or the most athletic but the always hit harder. 

5 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

MD has since the late '80's been know for it's hard hitting, bring the heat, "bend and break you're back" defense. Most teams aren't used to hit. Having DB lay the wood, having LB's laying you with their elbows on your chin and having DL just beat the hell out of you on every play. when a team play's a Rollo lead MD team for the first time, they are normally surpised by how physical MD is. they aren't always the most talented or the most athletic but the always hit harder. 

I hear you but I'm just saying I doubt that'll be the aspect that IMG struggles with.   Hitting  hard is based solely on athletic ability (assuming the heart/effort  is there).  It's just about how fast you change levels in space.  I've never seen a hard hitter that didnt also have an impressive power clean and vert.  Big bencher and even many times big squatter doesnt translate.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Are you being greased by @Sammyswordsman ;) 

Lol - nah I honestly think it's the truth.  There could be some better offenses or better defenses but not that were both on the same team.  I would say STA 09 could have a better offense but there defense wasn't near as good - that kind of thing.