OT: Today's Poll

noonereal

2 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

If I didn't know by your avatar I would swear you are cajun. Same old tired liberal bullshit.

you have different poll numbers today? What are they?

I am not even gonna bother with your ridiculous attitude that one must be  radical right or they are a loony lefty. 

life is GRAY not black or white. 

From 2 days ago but I think Nate Silver does a decent job explaining the differences in the polls and why we should probably take the average poll rather than any one of the polls being pumped at us by fox news or CNN, or the president and cohorts themselves. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-polls-differ-on-trumps-popularity/

P.S. I almost already miss the daily onslaught of lies from KellyAnne Conway. Did she finally skip her daily go pills and lay down for a nap? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyway, I think 44-45 approval to 50-52 disapproval is probably fair about now.

i remain bewildered as to how anyone can approve after "alternative news," the media is the enemy of the people, the intelligence agencies are liars, Sweden attacked....

It's mind blowing that people will ignore all this. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

i remain bewildered as to how anyone can approve after "alternative news," the media is the enemy of the people, the intelligence agencies are liars, Sweden attacked....

I was more than a little bit bewildered about this to begin with, but then I took a view point that you often take in your high school football debates. His base will poll one way while the middle will flounder day to day depending on what tweet or bad news story comes out, and the left will hardly ever be on his side. 

He said that he could go out into the street and shoot someone and not lose any votes. Among his base that is still true. Define them however you want. Deplorables, wing-nuts or alt-right. He has a base. They aren't moving because "he doesn't know how to speak very well or he doesn't present his true position well," They think it is plain talk and do not think there is a danger in being non-diplomatic about everything. They want America to be a bully to the world just like the president is to the media. Maybe we should go around shaking hands and snatching people near off their feet then shoving them back away. Who the hell knows anymore. 

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was more than a little bit bewildered about this to begin with, but then I took a view point that you often take in your high school football debates. His base will poll one way while the middle will flounder day to day depending on what tweet or bad news story comes out, and the left will hardly ever be on his side. 

He said that he could go out into the street and shoot someone and not lose any votes. Among his base that is still true. Define them however you want. Deplorables, wing-nuts or alt-right. He has a base. They aren't moving because "he doesn't know how to speak very well or he doesn't present his true position well," They think it is plain talk and do not think there is a danger in being non-diplomatic about everything. They want America to be a bully to the world just like the president is to the media. Maybe we should go around shaking hands and snatching people near off their feet then shoving them back away. Who the hell knows anymore. 

So, if I understand you, you are saying that the lack of refined thinking leads to this acceptance by his base? They prefer his rhetoric OVER real isues as it plays to their want? They then choose to disregard a possible objective analysis of his behavior?

Yes, bully the world, shoot things, all hormone replacement therapy for the less secure. I can see that  too.

Good post. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

"Alternative news/facts" have been the norm for decades. ALL media outlets are guilty....Fox News also.

33 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

"Alternative news/facts" have been the norm for decades. ALL media outlets are guilty....Fox News also.

NO.

We have never before have a president lie to us as a routine matter. 

Media does a very good job, they are not infallible. And yes, they editorialize. Lying is different. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Noon, you must be bored,obsessed or both...Enough already,come on...Don't you work,exercise or have another life outside this board ???  Maybe get some assistance with your obsession with Trump and politics,really...Not trying to diminish,but you might be over the top ????

nah, my posting habit is about perfect. :)

the last week I have had more leisure time than usual is all so why not share my wisdom? :P

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

you have different poll numbers today? What are they?

I am not even gonna bother with your ridiculous attitude that one must be  radical right or they are a loony lefty. 

life is GRAY not black or white. 

Who gives a shit about any polls and the rest of your looney left agenda. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The thing is Noony is who is your audience? What is your goal by the daily Trump updates. 

You have to realize that when it comes to politics and religion you will never change anyone's opinions. 

Your wasting your time and energy 

All he does is try to antagonize and just post stupid worthless dribble then complains about the stupid worthless dribble that others post. Just like the constant bs with Georgia, Texas and other states. It's so freaking old. 

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think I understand It more now, at least I am beginning to understand.  In the macro view I see the alt right Trumpers as being fundamentalist.  Very much like every other fundamentalist in that they are fighting against modernity, they are having trouble with the progressive direction our country has been going in.  As Islamic extremist are extreme fundamentalist, here in America we have people who are almost to the same level of extremism.  Some are at that level though, like the pizza gate guy, burning mosques, destroying Jewish cemetary.   Most are at a level or two below that and are content, at the moment, to bath in the fake news era supporting a President who is not a progressive in any way.  I think it wouldn't take much for them to jump up a level or two and become more extreme also.  

Anyway, I do not have any thoughts on how we can fix the divisions w our country other than to continue to treat people as I would want to be treated and "be the change we seek". IMHO.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Who gives a shit about any polls and the rest of your looney left agenda. 

understand, i am not loony left, i am anti Trump BEHAVIOR. and you should be too. Everyone here should be. 

Last evening I was called a "Trump Lover" with great disdain. 

That is how screwed up this country is now.

Both wing nuts and liberal loons scorn ANYONE not in their extreme. 

No room for reason or respect.