I don’t mean to make it about race but...

Hsfblover

What if the top Black HS athletes in the country over a 3 year span chose to change the world we live in by attending HBCUs ?

How bad crazy would that new SEC be?

How powerful would these schools become?

How would the the country now look at these school?

The Conference Basketball Tourney ?

March madness ?

wishful thinking be a AA here, but there would be 7 Bama like HBCUs ruling the county.

1 hour ago, Hsfblover said:

What if the top Black HS athletes in the country over a 3 year span chose to change the world we live in by attending HBCUs ?

March madness ?

wishful thinking be a AA here, but there would be 7 Bama like HBCUs ruling the county.

DEPENDS...………………………………….on whether those schools get all of the necessary bells and whistles to compete! Quality ATHLETES are only a SMALL portion of the equation! If you think NOT, ask all those stud teams in the Packer cemetery! If games were played on paper, we'd be about 36-100 under Rush ProPst! 

5 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

DEPENDS...………………………………….on whether those schools get all of the necessary bells and whistles to compete! Quality ATHLETES are only a SMALL portion of the equation! If you think NOT, ask all those stud teams in the Packer cemetery! If games were played on paper, we'd be about 36-100 under Rush ProPst! 

Well as of right now HBCUs don’t but this is why I said over 3 years... 

look at the way Johnny Football almost single handedly Moved A&M into a new level of eliteness than they already were over just two seasons. Or Miami football in the 80s, SMU in the 80s.

Winning changes programs, and Schools as a whole in College.

winning=more money

more money= better facilities(sports academics)

better facilities= better students\better staff.

1 hour ago, Hsfblover said:

Well as of right now HBCUs don’t but this is why I said over 3 years... 

look at the way Johnny Football almost single handedly Moved A&M into a new level of eliteness than they already were over just two seasons. Or Miami football in the 80s, SMU in the 80s.

Winning changes programs, and Schools as a whole in College.

winning=more money

more money= better facilities(sports academics)

better facilities= better students\better staff.

Winning ain't gonna change Colquitt, if their new principal has his way!

• Like 2

I don't think it has the impact you think.  Number 1, there aren't anywhere near as many HBCUs as there are non HBCUs.  This is important when it come to the fan bases.  I just don't see a lifelong pathological Ga Bulldog fan changing from a Bulldog fan.  The aren't enough alumni from HBCUs to generate the eyeballs that are required to get the networks interested.  Without TV money, many of the non HBCUs wouldn't be where they are today.  Not enough eyeballs = little TV money.  This has always been an issue for Ga Tech fans.  You can see it in all sorts of areas.  You walk into your local Target or Walmart and their may be 5 racks of UGA spirit stuff. GT is lucky to have a half rack.  For decades UGA has had 4-5 times the number of students Tech has if not more.  All of those translate into people interested in the programs.  In ten years you might have 500,000 UGA students as opposed to 100,000 Tech students.  Those numbers aren't as valid anymore because Tech's enrollment has grown but UGA still has 2.5 times as many students.

Number 2, many HBCUs just don't have the facilities.  Speaking only of the Atlanta schools, the AU center has 3 or 4 HBCUs.  I've worked event there and can tell you that yes there is a nice stadium courtesy of the Olympics but the rest of their facilities just are there or aren't up to snuff.  There is so much deferred maintenance needed it is sad.  I know almost all schools have deferred maintenance issue, even the rich ones.  But at the AU Center it seems to be much worse.  I admire the kids that go there for sticking it out and getting an education under less than desirable conditions in some cases.  The reality is the schools don't have enough classroom space, teaching positions, support space, or res hall space to handle a large influx of students.  You don't just snap your fingers and make these things appear either.  If they knew today I'm not sure they could be ready in 5 years or maybe even 10.  It is not easy to be able to scale up that much that fast.

Number 3, there's no guarantee the remaining schools wouldn't still be playing competitive ball with the rest of the players.  It would be different ball to be sure but I certainly wouldn't be making any promises either way.

8 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

But but who would be their qbs? 

The following.  Both of Clemson 4*  , Jalen Hurts khalil Tate Az. Kelly Mond A&M, josh Jackson Va. Tech. Dwayne Haskins OSU,  James Blackman FSU.  Kyler Murray Okla. Tyler Huntley Utah.  Malik Rosier Miami.  That's just off the top of my head and doesn't include those balling out in the FCS.  They would be tough.  Now if you said who is gonna kick I would not have an argument 😁

Alabama Clemson Okla & OSU are currently top 10 teams

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The following.  Both of Clemson 4*  , Jalen Hurts khalil Tate Az. Kelly Mond A&M, josh Jackson Va. Tech. Dwayne Haskins OSU,  James Blackman FSU.  Kyler Murray Okla. Tyler Huntley Utah.  Malik Rosier Miami.  That's just off the top of my head and doesn't include those balling out in the FCS.  They would be tough.  Now if you said who is gonna kick I would not have an argument 😁

Pretty sure he meant it as a joke.  At least I hope he was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:09 AM, ORabidOne said:

For one who possesses a big mouth and as much as it pains me to say....

You have a point.

BGW

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

SIC um DD!

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:45 PM, Hsfblover said:

March madness ?

YEAH, I foresee their fanbases being ALL BLACK as WELL; All 300 of um! Have you ever noticed the make up of the fanbases at MAJOR universities, in ALL sports? They are about 95% WHITE!

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

You won't be able to say that much longer! Unless you haven't heard, them folk are opening their enrollments to WHITE FOLK! In fact, many of their baseibol teams are predominantly WHITE as we speak!

You're a knucklehead you old Salt but in this case you are correct and many football teams have white kids as well.  Look at old Rab being all cultural. It's like discovering Otis from Andy Griffin in a new suit.  😁