SJR vs BC

SJR89

2 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

gents - here we go again.....since 2000.....SJR is 8-10 vs BC....last 4 out of 6 games played have gone to OT.....should be another exciting installment again this year.....what say you 

SJR  21 - 17

All season I went with BC winning but they have not been impressive at all since coming home from beating grayson. Sjr offense does not impress me but neither has BC in the last few meaningful games. Sorry irvington doesnt count. Sjr defense is loaded up and could make for a very long day for boels and company. After all that my prediction.....

SJR 13-BC 10 in OT

• Like 1

initially I was picking Joe's by two scores after watching the BC/Bosco game, but after listening to @HSFBfan @Mickeybern make their cases, and talking to a few of Joe's coaches, i am going against my eyes and logic to factor in the effect of the rivalry, BC'S defensive line, and star studded coaching, to by into the battle royal everyone else is predicting. obviously i'm conflicted after letting the above stated people get into my head. I honestly feel Joe's has to be two scores better than BC if they hope to win. a battle royal comes down to kicking. i'm not to confident in the shoe these days...☹️ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SJR 04 said:

initially I was picking Joe's by two scores after watching the BC/Bosco game, but after listening to @HSFBfan make his case, and talking to a few of Joe's coaches i am going against my eyes and logic to factor in the effect of the rivalry, BC'S defensive line, and star studded coaching, to by into the battle royal everyone else is predicting. obviously im conflicted after letting the above stated people get into my head. I honestly feel Joe's has to be two scores better than BC if they hope to win. a battle royal comes down to kicking. im not to confident in the shoe these days...☹️ 

Note I had no field goals in my score for SJR...:)

12 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

initially I was picking Joe's by two scores after watching the BC/Bosco game, but after listening to @HSFBfan @Mickeybern make their cases, and talking to a few of Joe's coaches, i am going against my eyes and logic to factor in the effect of the rivalry, BC'S defensive line, and star studded coaching, to by into the battle royal everyone else is predicting. obviously i'm conflicted after letting the above stated people get into my head. I honestly feel Joe's has to be two scores better than BC if they hope to win. a battle royal comes down to kicking. i'm not to confident in the shoe these days...☹️ 

Well I appreciate you considering my breakdown going into this game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

If I'm BC and putting together my defensive scheme I would say "I'm going to make Alaimo beat me". SJR wants to run the ball and that is their bread and butter so I have to make the kid and his receivers make me respect them. On the other side, RJ Oben dominated JR Woods and he was a presence in the BC backfield that entire game. If they can't slow down Cross he will do the same thing. Look for BC to use the middle of the field and short passes. Tyler Devara has to be a focal point on Saturday. Sticking by my earlier prediction of Joe's by 7. 24-17.

3 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

If I'm BC and putting together my defensive scheme I would say "I'm going to make Alaimo beat me". SJR wants to run the ball and that is their bread and butter so I have to make the kid and his receivers make me respect them. On the other side, RJ Oben dominated JR Woods and he was a presence in the BC backfield that entire game. If they can't slow down Cross he will do the same thing. Look for BC to use the middle of the field and short passes. Tyler Devara has to be a focal point on Saturday. Sticking by my earlier prediction of Joe's by 7. 24-17.

agree on game plan from BC side.....SJR needs to mix early with quick passes....Curls..etc...deep balls to Sharkey or buckman ..get some completions early then pound....sometimes Stern gets krazy and over thinks the offensive scheme......

12 hours ago, SJR89 said:

agree on game plan from BC side.....SJR needs to mix early with quick passes....Curls..etc...deep balls to Sharkey or buckman ..get some completions early then pound....sometimes Stern gets krazy and over thinks the offensive scheme......

It is a team like SJR that will show how big of a loss BC sustained with DiCosmo gone. They will have to stack the box to stop the run and sjr will eventually hit the big play..i'm saying 7 but if SJR gets a few turnovers then it could be worse.

9 minutes ago, Ernie Keebler said:

Stack the box? They haven’t stacked the box in 5 games? And won’t stack the box in this game either. Debelis don’t play aggressive. Bigger loss is Josh Makenzie then dicosmo. Makenzie was a great leader and motivator for kids around him. 

They beat grayson without McKenzie. Johnson has been a capable runner. 

Offensive line issues hurt them against spp with the fact that it looked like the old BC defense. Huge holes that were exploited. Also special teams on punt coverage was horrible against Spp

And I knew dbp was gonna give BC a tough game. I thought dbp could win that game and they lost 14-13. 

The gameplan for SJR should be easy. You take away johnson and make sure boels has to beat you throwing the ball. I dont think he can. 

Alaimo doesnt have the best of arms but he can beat you with his legs. Hell be the X factor in this game.

30 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

They beat grayson without McKenzie. Johnson has been a capable runner. 

Offensive line issues hurt them against spp with the fact that it looked like the old BC defense. Huge holes that were exploited. Also special teams on punt coverage was horrible against Spp

And I knew dbp was gonna give BC a tough game. I thought dbp could win that game and they lost 14-13. 

The gameplan for SJR should be easy. You take away johnson and make sure boels has to beat you throwing the ball. I dont think he can. 

Alaimo doesnt have the best of arms but he can beat you with his legs. Hell be the X factor in this game.

Not sure what your talking about ... Alaimo has a big arm.... can make all the throws.... do not like when he runs .... he is careless with ball protection when running ..... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

Not sure what your talking about ... Alaimo has a big arm.... can make all the throws.... do not like when he runs .... he is careless with ball protection when running ..... 

I only saw him in the preseason and I didnt see the big arm so only talking about what I have personally seen. 

If he has the arm than he should be able to do what maynor did to BC a couple weeks ago

From NJ.com

No. 4 Bergen Catholic (4-1) at No. 1 St. Joseph (Mont.) (4-1)
Saturday, 2:30 p.m.
What do Bergen Catholic and St. Joseph have in store for us this year? While last year's 41-30 win from Bergen Catholic was exciting, prior to that these two Bergen County non-public rivals had played three straight overtime games from 2014-16, including two that weren't settled until a second OT. There was Angelo Guglielmello's game-winner to cap a 17-14 St. Joseph win in 2016, a Johnny Langan-to-Connor Hebbeler touchdown pass to cap a 16-13 Bergen Catholic win in the 2015 thriller and the unforgettable Corey Gaarn game in 2015, with the backup/emergency QB coming in for an injured Guarantano to lead a 37-34 win in Montvale. Now, the two perennial powers meet again in Montvale, with St. Joseph riding a four-game winning streak behind the running of Andre Epps,and Audric Estime. Bergen Catholic, which was knocked off its perch as the state's No. 1-ranked team a few weeks ago after a loss to St. Peter's Prep, will now look to hand St. Joseph its first in-state loss of the year. St. Joseph 24, Bergen Catholic 14

46 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Dude really? Just him playing catch. No pressure on him. No dirty pocket. Cant take anything away from that video

hey young guy....you referenced arm strength...its there in video...his body of work is this season.....it is what it is....he can drop a dime...,makes good throws on the run....has played against two good defenses in AHP and DPC.  We will see on saturday.....