SJR vs BC

SJR89

47 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

it's interesting NJ.com has SJR with 173 yds rushing but more importantly in total yardage they have SJR 330 & BC 310..these were to evenly matched teams that both have strengths and weaknesses..BC's D hunkered down in the 2nd 1/2 and made the necessary plays and the next time it could easily be the other way around. SJR's secondary is an issue and Bergen definitely used the middle of the field with much success. BC's D while pitching a shutout in the 2nd half are still susceptible to the big play. In my mind nothing changed about either 1 except for maybe the BC O coaches have finally realized how to script a game for Boel and that at this point in their respective careers Boel might be a little more advanced than Alaimo. But this will all play out over the next 2 months.

You couldn’t be more wrong about sjr secondary being an issue. Bergen’s receivers and Tight End are just real good

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

it's interesting NJ.com has SJR with 173 yds rushing but more importantly in total yardage they have SJR 330 & BC 310..these were to evenly matched teams that both have strengths and weaknesses..BC's D hunkered down in the 2nd 1/2 and made the necessary plays and the next time it could easily be the other way around. SJR's secondary is an issue and Bergen definitely used the middle of the field with much success. BC's D while pitching a shutout in the 2nd half are still susceptible to the big play. In my mind nothing changed about either 1 except for maybe the BC O coaches have finally realized how to script a game for Boel and that at this point in their respective careers Boel might be a little more advanced than Alaimo. But this will all play out over the next 2 months.

That's because of the sacks. Sacks minus from total rushing yards for team, but not individual rushing stats. Powell had 5-100yds, Estime had 15-110. 

Screenshot_20181007-142521_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20181007-142548_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yesterday's game was another classic; just feel like the SJR coaches made some bad decisions throughout.  I have also seen SJR three times year and I still wonder how the Powell kid #21 does not get the ball more.  IMO they under-utilize this kid.  They favor the other RB's when he is the better of the group.  He is combo of speed, strength and shiffty.  And the play calling was bad - just think SJR is better; but don't know how to use what they have.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TruthIsTruth said:

Yesterday's game was another classic; just feel like the SJR coaches made some bad decisions throughout.  I have also seen SJR three times year and I still wonder how the Powell kid #21 does not get the ball more.  IMO they under-utilize this kid.  They favor the other RB's when he is the better of the group.  He is combo of speed, strength and shiffty.  And the play calling was bad - just think SJR is better; but don't know how to use what they have.

Man you could replace SJR with Grayson and this would probably hold true from everyone’s week one comments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

ok fair enough..I need to give credit where it is due

No, you were correct. I'm there everyday. There were matchups BC exploited in secondary and with the LB. Sjr waited to long to correct it by getting the appropriate personnel in there. By the time they made the adjustment the damage had been done beyond repair already.  BC had 50 something rushing yards. The DBs were def exploited.

52 minutes ago, TruthIsTruth said:

Powell is a stud

very frustrating second half....there were ton of former  SJR players there for the field dedication....honestly do not know where to begin beyond hats off to Vito and his adjustments at half. ...great win for BC...SJR let one get away and its on them...as much as BC winning....some bad decisions....good work by BC holding SJR in the end....only positive we can see them again.....side note....BC QB hamming it up to the SJR Alumni in the end zone ( twice ).......not kool....but hey see you at met life.....

4 hours ago, TruthIsTruth said:

Powell is one of the greatest people you will come in contact with and everyone who meets him agrees. Usually coaches don't like asshole kids so they'll favor another kid over them. With that said, please tell me why they would favor the other two over him? Keep in mind one of the kids you're saying they "favor" was a bench warmer the first two games.  How would you explain him going from no playing time to getting "favored" over Powell?

BC interception was huge.....just saw the video of the " Targeting call " on Grieco...was in the other end zone...we thought it was pass interference....that is a horrible call....how is it targeting...he hit him in the back...not helmet to helmet....such BS.....if you watch the play on the feed above...pause at 12 seconds....clearly hits right on the shoulder pads.....not even close to helmet to helmet....I hope there is an avenue for the Coaches to complain to the state and show proof.....for either team in this game....,,,also really smart plays by BC on getting wheel route vs Gibney #47 on SJR...think on both times they pass interference on mis match 

21 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Wow... If it isnt the cow calling the dalmation spotted...

BC is NJs current #1 team because they were NJs Preseason #1 team... This guy Noonereal told me Preseason rankings are the only meaningful rankings amd they dont change no matter who wins. They were #1 in National & In-State polls. Rankings DO NOT change throughout the year, so Noonereal told me. 

Now now Opies, your nose is gonna grow.

Don't be a Donald!

21 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Colquitt won without a free Touchdown... And Grayson fumbling inside the 5 and multiple other times.

Are you ever gonna grow up? 

The rest of your post does not address what I wrote. 

NJ is down and still beat your best. NJ, over the years,  has not get the love in polls it deserves because of zip code. That is all I am saying. This is just a little bit more proof my words are true. 

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Are you ever gonna grow up? 

The rest of your post does not address what I wrote. 

NJ is down and still beat your best. NJ, over the years,  has not get the love in polls it deserves because of zip code. That is all I am saying. This is just a little bit more proof my words are true. 

Last time I checked Colquitt played Bye to a 0-0 tie which is their toughest game to date.

I don't recall them losing to anyone thru 8 weeks, and they definitely have not lost to some catholic school girl team from NJ.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Last time I checked Colquitt played Bye to a 0-0 tie which is their toughest game to date.

I don't recall them losing to anyone thru 8 weeks, and they definitely have not lost to some catholic school girl team from NJ.

God Damned NJ girls!!!!

(maybe they are undefeated because they did not play the NJ girls? 😉)

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 5:34 PM, DeusVult11 said:

can someone figure out what was up with Johnson not playing?

He had ice on his right hip on the sideline, on the front, not the side.  I have an idea what the injury may be, but I will let the doctors make the diagnosis.  

• Thanks 1

I think what gets overlooked is McGovern saving two touchdowns.  The first was the Estime run where he catches him on the 12 in the first quarter; instead of 7 points, they get 3 with the field goal.  The second was the end of the third quarter when he tackles Buckman, then Corbin intercepts to start the fourth quarter; instead of 7 points they get zippo!  It's the importance of keeping pursuit and without those tackles, it may have been a different game.  14 points became 3.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not sure who wrote the second "comment" to the article, but I would have commented the same way.  LOL

• HSFan
  •  1 hour ago
  • Reply to outdated undefined
not sure your rankings make sense but they never have. DePaul has beaten one quality opponent in SPP. BC has beaten DB, SJR, Wood and Grayson. Lastly we all know Bosco would mercy your # 5-8 picks and have JV playing in 2H.

38 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not sure who wrote the second "comment" to the article, but I would have commented the same way.  LOL

• HSFan
  •  1 hour ago
  • Reply to outdated undefined
not sure your rankings make sense but they never have. DePaul has beaten one quality opponent in SPP. BC has beaten DB, SJR, Wood and Grayson. Lastly we all know Bosco would mercy your # 5-8 picks and have JV playing in 2H.

This is how polls are done. 

This is why we find Colquitt in the national top 10. No big wins (national level) but no losses. 

Same crap. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

hopefully we are #1 or #2 with BC on the other side....would like to settle the score at Giants stadium....lots of football left of course....

Updated: 10/7/2018 12:10 PM

Each team's power points total listed below will link to its power points calculations page.

Born refers to the Born Power Index

Click the headers to sort by that column.

Rank School Win Loss Tie Power
1 Bergen Catholic 5 1 0 17.83 107.9 1.6
2 St. Joseph (Mont.) 4 2 0 13.00 108.9 2.6
3 St. Peter's Prep 4 2 0 15.83 107.3 2.6
4 St. Augustine Prep 4 2 0 13.83 100.8 4
5 St. Joseph (Met.) 5 1 0 15.67 82.4 5.4
6 Don Bosco Prep 3 3 0 11.67 99.3 5.8
7 Delbarton 3 3 0 8.83 90.5 7.2
8 Seton Hall Prep 4 2 0 12.50 76.1 7.8
9 Paramus Catholic 2 4 0 8.00 79.6 8.8
10 Notre Dame 4 1 0 11.00 56 9.2
11 Paul VI 0 6 0 3.67 38.4 11