Live Thursday Night Football from South Louisiana

RedZone

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Right this minute, which is early in the game for sure... Slidell looks to be outclassing Ponchatoula pretty heavily. Great running attack so far for Slidell. Fun to watch that drive for sure. They made quick work of that. 

Slidell gonna crush Ponchatoula.....

Quality feed, crappy game. 

TJ Finley is 6-6 though. :D

He'll get going.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Slidell gonna crush Ponchatoula.....

Quality feed, crappy game. 

TJ Finley is 6-6 though. :D

He'll get going.

Yeah, it certainly looks like Slidell's running backs are gonna Slide into the end zone a lot.

I hope the Ponchatoula defense settles in and makes Slidell start passing some. 

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I can see what the recruiters and LSU see in Finley. Big kid with a great release. I like him. 

He has a lot of potential....almost 2 more years to grow in high school and two more to grow at LSU......should be enough polish by 2022. lol

Had offers from Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, and etc....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Ponchatoula is terrible besides Finley and maybe a couple offensive guys.....they were pretty good a couple years ago. Had some big dudes. Look like midgets out there..

Man..

Slidell ain't much better.....maybe a little.

Well, Slidell gets the run going, and then Ponchatoula stacks the box, but, Slidell still doesn't throw it much. I guess in reality, they haven't had to though. 

I ain't picky. I like to watch regular high school football teams still too. Kind of refreshing just to watch a couple of regular teams go at it without worrying about people hating or posturing or trolling for once. 

• Like 2

Hey Caj, couple of the "big" football prognosticators up here in the north are calling for a Ruston "upset" of West Monroe tomorrow night...  Aaron Dietrich the Sports Director for KNOE TV says "Ruston will break the 28 year win streak by West Monroe"...  he's 74 - 15 in his picks so far this year  😜

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, Slidell gets the run going, and then Ponchatoula stacks the box, but, Slidell still doesn't throw it much. I guess in reality, they haven't had to though. 

I ain't picky. I like to watch regular high school football teams still too. Kind of refreshing just to watch a couple of regular teams go at it without worrying about people hating or posturing or trolling for once. 

Some of the LSU folks are watching it. Pretty spot on comments..

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-recruiting/tj-finley-on-cst-tonight/79220311/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

Hey Caj, couple of the "big" football prognosticators up here in the north are calling for a Ruston "upset" of West Monroe tomorrow night...  Aaron Dietrich the Sports Director for KNOE TV says "Ruston will break the 28 year win streak by West Monroe"...  he's 74 - 15 in his picks so far this year  😜

I don't see it, but Ruston has an offense. West Monroe will just grind them down them most likely.

Just now, RedZone said:

I don't see it, but Ruston has an offense. West Monroe will just grind them down them most likely.

if they can jump on the Rebs early (like they did against Neville), things could get interesting...  WM really isn't built to play from (very far) behind.  We've been pretty good at stopping the run and have a decent pass rush...  still struggle in coverage

Still trying to decide if I want to go, Ruston is one of those stadiums I hate to go to.  Nice, but just not enough room  😎

rustonstad.jpe

2 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Well I hope Ruston ain't took the rust off yet because the rebels are gonna tack on another L for the Bearcats... 

• Haha 1