What up Texas?

DevilDog

Cita's 38.92 still has them as the 8th fastest 4x100 in America and that includes every College 4x100 in America.  Dvill 39.47 has them in top 40.  I predicted a 3:10.30 in the 4x400 but thought Dville might run a sub 3:11   Cita got them boys rolling in them relays  

Screenshot_20240505_005656_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bf051aa7e3e7ffb4890254cecb8cc55f.jpg

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Cita's 38.92 still has them as the 8th fastest 4x100 in America and that includes every College 4x100 in America.  Dvill 39.47 has them in top 40.  I predicted a 3:10.30 in the 4x400 but thought Dville might run a sub 3:11   Cita got them boys rolling in them relays  

Screenshot_20240505_005656_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bf051aa7e3e7ffb4890254cecb8cc55f.jpg

If Watkins was allowed to run in 4 events instead of just 3 - Atascocita would likely lead the nation in the 4x400 too.  Uil only allows 3 running events total for each athlete.

IMG_4162.png

• Like 1

This kid is from Allen ran 45.12 400m last summer at the AAU Junior Olympics.  Got hurt in the district meet and his season was over.  Maybe he comes back this summer only in his JR.  he may be the nations fastest when healthy on the hS level.  Didn’t start running this season until the Jesuit meet posted fast 46. 

IMG_4163.png

@DevilDog thoughts on the 6A 4x4 this year.  Wished DM from Duncanville had got in just behind the Atascocita 4th leg and tried to conserve some energy for the home stretch.  Instead of coming from so far back and taking the lead only to get passed down the home stretch.   

thoughts?  

1 hour ago, Mr. Football said:

@DevilDog thoughts on the 6A 4x4 this year.  Wished DM from Duncanville had got in just behind the Atascocita 4th leg and tried to conserve some energy for the home stretch.  Instead of coming from so far back and taking the lead only to get passed down the home stretch.   

thoughts?  

I have watched it several times.  I had a side bet with @Horsefly where I predicted Dville would upset Cita.  If I remember I know he picked Cita but I think he also thought N.S. would finish 2nd.  1st that Region III Cita, N.S. and Katy Thompkins was insane with Speed.  And Thompkins barley got to State 😆 Finally to your question.  I thought they were in great shape I don't understand Durham switching hands with the Baton on the anchor which slowed his momentum.  Don't know if he would have held off Watkins but that probably cost them .10 secs and would have made it closer.  I thought they were in good shape with the 3rd leg, unlike the 1st time where Cita's 3rd leg ate them up.  Never seen anything like this ever.  Shattering Wyatt's record and Cita running a sub 39.00.  Dville will be a handful next year.  DM (Jr.) 10.51  Brayden WIlliams (Jr.) 10.51, Joe Mckinney (Fr.) 10.70, Keyshawn SImpson (So.) 10.71, Ayson Theus (So.) 10.71.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I have watched it several times.  I had a side bet with @Horsefly where I predicted Dville would upset Cita.  If I remember I know he picked Cita but I think he also thought N.S. would finish 2nd.  1st that Region III Cita, N.S. and Katy Thompkins was insane with Speed.  And Thompkins barley got to State 😆 Finally to your question.  I thought they were in great shape I don't understand Durham switching hands with the Baton on the anchor which slowed his momentum.  Don't know if he would have held off Watkins but that probably cost them .10 secs and would have made it closer.  I thought they were in good shape with the 3rd leg, unlike the 1st time where Cita's 3rd leg ate them up.  Never seen anything like this ever.  Shattering Wyatt's record and Cita running a sub 39.00.  Dville will be a handful next year.  DM (Jr.) 10.51  Brayden WIlliams (Jr.) 10.51, Joe Mckinney (Fr.) 10.70, Keyshawn SImpson (So.) 10.71, Ayson Theus (So.) 10.71.  

Yessir, I had DV finishing 3d behind Cita and NS.  I agree, Durham switching hands cost them a few tenths. In that type of race small details matter a lot! 

Don’t forget Moore will be back too for DV unless he leaves early for college. 

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I was talking about the 4th leg in the 4x400 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Yessir, I had DV finishing 3d behind Cita and NS.  I agree, Durham switching hands cost them a few tenths. In that type of race small details matter a lot! 

Don’t forget Moore will be back too for DV unless he leaves early for college. 

Yes I identified him as DM in my post.

21 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sorry Sir.  I haven't seen that one yet.  Will review tonight and respond in kind:

DM ran 4th leg for DV.  He ran down the kid for Atascocita and passed him.  Thought he should have just stayed in his hip pocket until maybe the last 50m instead of passing everyone on the final curve.  Dude ran really fast first 300m 

3 hours ago, Mr. Football said:

DM ran 4th leg for DV.  He ran down the kid for Atascocita and passed him.  Thought he should have just stayed in his hip pocket until maybe the last 50m instead of passing everyone on the final curve.  Dude ran really fast first 300m 

Yep, bad strategy, he didn’t pace himself. I think his adrenaline was pumping. 

19 hours ago, Mr. Football said:

Finally reviewed it.  I thought he should have tucked in on the 2nd curve and then ricocheted down the stretch.  Also the 1st leg ran well but didn't run thru the handoff.  Small things like that hurts you against elite teams. You were spot on.  

• Like 1

August 30 - Eastwood (El Paso, Texas) at St. John Bosco (California)

August 31 - Creekside (Georgia) at DeSoto (Texas)

Parkview (Arkansas) at Melissa (Texas)

September 13 - Cedar Grove (Georgia) at Rockwall-Heath (Texas)

September 14 — No. 51 St. Frances Academy (Maryland) at No. 10 Duncanville (Texas), 6 PM CST                

Bishop Lynch (Texas) vs. Bishop McGuinness Oklahoma in Frisco,                                Texas in Catholic Bowl IV

Catholic (Arkansas) vs. Nolan Catholic (Texas) in Frisco, Texas in                                   Catholic Bowl IV

September 20 - Texas High (Texarkana, Texas) at Fayetteville (Arkansas)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@Horsefly @Mr. Football

No. 1 WR Dakorien Moore decommits from LSU as Texas trends

The Longhorns immediately became the favorite for the nation’s No. 3 prospect after his decision.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2024/5/16/24158739/dakorien-moore-decommits-lsu-tigers-texas-longhorns-recruiting-2025

I didn’t think Texas had a chance with him, but I like it. I hear he’s also high on tOSU. 

2 minutes ago, Champa said:

Maybe one of these days Atascocita will win a state title in football with the athletes they have.

I'm starting to think it may take a new coach for that to happen.

They’re going to have to wait til north shore declines which definitely won’t be this season and summer creek appears to be overtaking the #2 spot in GHA.