What up Texas?

DevilDog

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Very cool, thx for sharing.  

On the men’s side, 16 teams battle to raise the trophy. Nationally ranked Columbus High School (No. 1), Plano East (No. 3), Team Brotherhood (No. 4) and Grayson (No. 6) will all participate in the tournament. The N.J. state champions, Camden, will also be in attendance. What's cool is the court is in the middle of a mall in NJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

On the men’s side, 16 teams battle to raise the trophy. Nationally ranked Columbus High School (No. 1), Plano East (No. 3), Team Brotherhood (No. 4) and Grayson (No. 6) will all participate in the tournament. The N.J. state champions, Camden, will also be in attendance. What's cool is the court is in the middle of a mall in NJ.

Gotta be the large facility on Rt 3 that changed ownership hands, dealt with bankruptcy and looked like it would never finish after so many changes/issues it seemed, ongoing. 
The NJ brethren know it well and are pleased it finally completed.  :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Gotta be the large facility on Rt 3 that changed ownership hands, bankruptcy and looked like it would never finish.   
The NJ brethren know it well and are pleased it finally completed.  :) 

I like they are using a shot clock. Top 2 Florida teams played in State champio ship against each other.  #1 team has the Boozer boys.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I like they are using a shot clock. Top 2 Florida teams played in State champio ship against each other.  #1 team has the Boozer boys.

Columbus yup.  I thought one brother was a senior, looks like I was wrong.   Probably just due to reading the name for years (Cameron). 

DD, thinking of FL basketball reminded me of USchool some years back with a talented roster that played on ESPN.  

The star was…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Carey_Jr.

Name will ring a bell for FL sports fans @Atticus Finch and @Nolebull813 likely remember him, as well as HSFB fans (National Geico viewers, recruitniks).  

I now know where Carey Jr is playing ball (Turkey).
Light NBA experience.  

Dad was an OT for the Dolphins (MNW HS) 

• Like 1

Plano East lost in OT.  Didn't make the FInal Four.  1st loss of the season against a tough Florida Squad.  They lost to the FL State Runner up who lost in OT to the State Champion Columbus Explorers who also made the final four and will play Grayson GA.  FL flexing and could meet for the National Championship in a rematch.  Grayson is balling but will be the underdog.  

30 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Plano East lost in OT.  Didn't make the FInal Four.  1st loss of the season against a tough Florida Squad.  They lost to the FL State Runner up who lost in OT to the State Champion Columbus Explorers who also made the final four and will play Grayson GA.  FL flexing and could meet for the National Championship in a rematch.  Grayson is balling but will be the underdog.  

I guess a daisy chain eases your mind huh, bubba 2A bro?

Texas never wins anything truthfully except maybe the 4X100. 😭😧😭

11 hours ago, RedZone said:

I guess a daisy chain eases your mind huh, bubba 2A bro?

Texas never wins anything truthfully except maybe the 4X100. 😭😧😭

I don’t know about that, exactly.

Texas seems to do pretty good against Louisiana in sports.

My 1st UFL game.  Champ vs. Champ.  The Rock, Troy Aikman and Coach Prime all here.  Pretty decent crowd.  I'd estimate about 15K.  The Stallions probably have about 1K. BHAM dominated the USFL but they played all the games at home.  All teams ate housed in Arlington.  But have to travel during the season..

Nice intro to the season.  $39.00 ticket at 50 yard line 

Was hoping Plano East could have made it a bit farther. No shame in losing against top level competition though.

Looking more and more like it's gonna be the same old story in football when it comes to who's going to win in 6A. Interested to see Katy this year. They should have a really nice backfield.

Looks like Guyer has their QB. Now what are they going to surround him with?

• Like 2

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/dallas-police-kansas-city-chiefs-wide-receiver-rashee-rice-collision/287-d3c39c05-b11e-4107-8c4f-87e4d12319a0

Sources: Dallas Police seeking Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice in connection with multi-vehicle accident on North Central Expressway

Police believe a vehicle registered to Rice was involved in a street racing accident that sent two people to the hospital, sources say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Taking in my 1st elite 8 Bball game.  UFL Yesterday, college 🏀 today.  Sitting with N.C. State fans.  No dog in this fight.  Shead getting hurt for UH spoiled it a bit.  Not a sellout. But a good crowd.  ¹20240331_155508.thumb.jpg.76f4779c09f13158dca10d9300e1e5ce.jpg

20240331_155504.jpg

was glad to see Duke lose. Good win for the Wolfpack 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

was glad to see Duke lose. Good win for the Wolfpack 

Yes sir.  Really enjoyed it.  Great fans @ N.C. State.  Pulling for that Coach.  Got some ribbing as we watched the last 1min as their girls made final four beating Lady Horns.   

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 1:45 PM, DevilDog said:

My 1st UFL game.  Champ vs. Champ.  The Rock, Troy Aikman and Coach Prime all here.  Pretty decent crowd.  I'd estimate about 15K.  The Stallions probably have about 1K. BHAM dominated the USFL but they played all the games at home.  All teams ate housed in Arlington.  But have to travel during the season..

Nice intro to the season.  $39.00 ticket at 50 yard line 

Is that the old Rangers ball park?   To sure why they needed to build a new ballpark 

2 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Is that the old Rangers ball park?   To sure why they needed to build a new ballpark 

Indeed used to be called the ball park at Arlington Globe life Park.  Now called Choctaw Stadium.  One of the biggest gripes was the extreme heat in the summer.  Not just a new Park. But a huge entertainment center called Texas Live.  It's pretty awesome.  New stadium has a sliding roof and great amenities.  You can walk to AT&T (Cowboys) Stadium, Six Flags, Choctaw Stadium, and Globe life field all in proximity.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 12:01 PM, DevilDog said:

Indeed used to be called the ball park at Arlington Globe life Park.  Now called Choctaw Stadium.  One of the biggest gripes was the extreme heat in the summer.  Not just a new Park. But a huge entertainment center called Texas Live.  It's pretty awesome.  New stadium has a sliding roof and great amenities.  You can walk to AT&T (Cowboys) Stadium, Six Flags, Choctaw Stadium, and Globe life field all in proximity.  

Which makes even more confusing as to why they are doing a 200 million dollar renovation for the Cotton Bowl. Talk about a waste of money. The only chance the have is if SMU takes off in the ACC and needed larger stadium than Ford field. The chances of that happening is very very slim. It's been deemed a national landmark so it can't be torn down but spending money on a stadium with no purpose is foolish.

On 4/5/2024 at 2:55 PM, Grainraiser said:

Which makes even more confusing as to why they are doing a 200 million dollar renovation for the Cotton Bowl. Talk about a waste of money. The only chance the have is if SMU takes off in the ACC and needed larger stadium than Ford field. The chances of that happening is very very slim. It's been deemed a national landmark so it can't be torn down but spending money on a stadium with no purpose is foolish.

That was to Appease snobby OU and snobbier Hook Em to keep the R.R. Rivalry in South Dallas at the Cotton Bowl.  I saw my 1st College football game there Bishop College vs PVA&M in 1984 @ State Fair Classic.  Now played by Grambling and Prarie View each year.

On 4/5/2024 at 2:55 PM, Grainraiser said:

OU/Texas is the purpose lol.

• Thanks 1

As first reported by KXAN News in Austin, former Texas Longhorns defensive tackle T’Vondre Sweat was booked at Travis County Jail at 2:12 p.m. Central on Sunday on a Class B misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated, according to the Travis Sheriff’s Office inmate database. He was arrested at 13600 IH-35 N and his bond was set at $3,000.

Sweat departed Travis County Jail with his attorney on Sunday afternoon