CIFSS D1 Playoff Picture

SoCalFball

Still a lot of football left to be played, but here's my current bracket projection based on games played through this week. The biggest thing I'm interested to see is how the CIF is going to handle having 8 league champs in the same bracket while also very likely having a 2nd place team as one of the top 4 seeds. In the past two years, they have always matched up the 2nd place Trinity team (as the 3rd overall seed) with another 2nd place team to preserve the 2v2 matchups. However, I suspect that they are more likely to pit all league champs against all non league champs even if that means having a league champ facing off against a top 4 seed.

Capture.thumb.PNG.15ee1c9525c72b26320fa4f8be834274.PNG

Also, just realized that you'll almost certainly see JSerra, Mater Dei and Centennial in the same half of the bracket... yeesh.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Still a lot of football left to be played, but here's my current bracket projection based on games played through this week. The biggest thing I'm interested to see is how the CIF is going to handle having 8 league champs in the same bracket while also very likely having a 2nd place team as one of the top 4 seeds. In the past two years, they have always matched up the 2nd place Trinity team (as the 3rd overall seed) with another 2nd place team to preserve the 2v2 matchups. However, I suspect that they are more likely to pit all league champs against all non league champs even if that means having a league champ facing off against a top 4 seed.

Capture.thumb.PNG.15ee1c9525c72b26320fa4f8be834274.PNG

Also, just realized that you'll almost certainly see JSerra, Mater Dei and Centennial in the same half of the bracket... yeesh.

Very likely Cen10 would have to play 4 Trinity League teams if they get to the finals.  Then DLS after that.  BRUTAL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Centennial wrapped up their regular season last night. They finished league play with a combined score of 320-20. Now I realize the teams in their league barely have a pulse but it’s hard to be that dominant even in a pregame walk-through. It’s going to be very interesting when they play Mater Dei and Bosco as most people expect to happen.

• Like 1