Columbiafan national top 50 post week 8 edition

Columbiafan

Note this is first set of Rankings I've released this year so if anything looks off give me a heads up so i can get it corrected for next week

Also if there is any team that should receive consideration mention them below and if possible give a small description so I can learn more about them and adjust in future weeks

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tOuLMsQEOtJ1S7TCKCkitfaLyQhco4c4LutqybKEOKc/edit?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 9:55 AM, Columbiafan said:

Note this is first set of Rankings I've released this year so if anything looks off give me a heads up so i can get it corrected for next week

Also if there is any team that should receive consideration mention them below and if possible give a small description so I can learn more about them and adjust in future weeks

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tOuLMsQEOtJ1S7TCKCkitfaLyQhco4c4LutqybKEOKc/edit?usp=drivesdk

Archer over Folsom is a joke.

33 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That's debatable. Folsom lost their only relevant game played against the Top 250 and lost.

By comparison, Archer has played 3 Top 250 teams going 1-2.

Maybe Folsom should step up their scheduling a little.

We all know about Folsom schedule,   but just looking at the teams on the field, it is easy to see that Archer is really not very good. Folsom at least, you can see the possibilities of  being top 30 -35, while Archer, I just can't see that. Actually, Marietta  should beat them come playoff time imop.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Curtis, yes. The others, no. Chandler is closing in. 

I just don't see an argument for any of them to be included in the Top 25. I'm open to hearing your supporting evidence though.

It took Folsom fumbling away the game the first week of the season for DLS to win, which is the only Top 100 victory for all of them combined. They've followed that up with a 6 point win to a very down BG and a 7 point win over Buchanan. I don't think DLS is even Top 5 in CA, much less Top 25 in the country.

John Curtis has zero Top 100 wins and had their hands full with a Texas TAPPS team.

Colerain has yet to play a team ranked in the Top 350 and nearly lost to a St. X team that is a shell of their ownself.

Broken Arrow has two decent wins over Union and Jenks, but that doesn't scream Top 25 to me.

Chandler was beaten easily by Cen10 (an actual Top 25 team imo), and only played one other team in the Top 250, Perry, which they were far from dominate in.

I wouldn't argue with DLS and Broken Arrow being in the 35-50 range.

Chandler, JC, and Colerain somewhere between 50-75 seems more accurate.

Like I said though, I'm open to hearing your argument. 

24 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

We all know about Folsom schedule,   but just looking at the teams on the field, it is easy to see that Archer is really not very good. Folsom at least, you can see the possibilities of  being top 30 -35, while Archer, I just can't see that. Actually, Marietta  should beat them come playoff time imop.

I think you are putting too much stock into Grayson's beatdown of Archer. It just wasn't their night.

Had Folsom been playing Grayson that same night then Folsom would have looked average at best.

If Grayson continues playing at that level, then I would only favor a handful of teams over them.

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I just don't see an argument for any of them to be included in the Top 25. I'm open to hearing your supporting evidence though.

It took Folsom fumbling away the game the first week of the season for DLS to win, which is the only Top 100 victory for all of them combined. They've followed that up with a 6 point win to a very down BG and a 7 point win over Buchanan. I don't think DLS is even Top 5 in CA, much less Top 25 in the country.

John Curtis has zero Top 100 wins and had their hands full with a Texas TAPPS team.

Colerain has yet to play a team ranked in the Top 350 and nearly lost to a St. X team that is a shell of their ownself.

Broken Arrow has two decent wins over Union and Jenks, but that doesn't scream Top 25 to me.

Chandler was beaten easily by Cen10 (an actual Top 25 team imo), and only played one other team in the Top 250, Perry, which they were far from dominate in.

Hey Black, greetings here!😀

Have not always been a Colerain fan myself just like Colquitt but provided the coverage I viewed and held whatever bias I might have had and guess what that Colerain team is good really good.

i like your Colquitt team also😀

I'm not saying Colerain isn't a good team, I just don't feel like they are Top 25 good.

My Packers played their worst game to date tonight. The defense was lights out like they have been all year, but you could tell the offense was still on break after not playing a game for two weeks.

Rush won't be happy with that unit come Sunday.

15 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'm not saying Colerain isn't a good team, I just don't feel like they are Top 25 good.

My Packers played their worst game to date tonight. The defense was lights out like they have been all year, but you could tell the offense was still on break after not playing a game for two weeks.

Rush won't be happy with that unit come Sunday.

Colerains D easily puts them in the top 25

Colquitts also 

😀😀😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Well, here’s the deal CC. Everything you stated is true, to an extent. All of those teams we’re talking about have gone out and produced with the schedules given to them. 

DLS shut out a very good Folsom team that averages damn near 70 points a game. The Spartans stepped up when they had to. So what if they took a decent Buchanan team lightly and STILL prevailed. (Once again, don’t daisy chain). 

Colerain has been dominate. Having a close call with a bitter rival is not a game I would judge them on overall. 

Curtis, right now, is not top 25. We agree on that. 

Chandler is close, but Pinnacle and Cen10(AZ) are closing in. 

Bishop Gorman might be down, but they are still loaded with good athletes and will NEVER be an easy out. Realistically, they are still one of the 50 best teams in the country. 

You’re kicking ass in the Pick’em this year, but I am curious as to who you think the 25 best teams in the country are.....