Elite 25 Rankings/ Florida On Their Mind

HawgGoneIt

https://www.bluestarmedia.org/florida-showdown-between-no-4-carol-city-and-no-10-central-miami-will-rearrange-blue-star-media-elite-25-football-rankings/

What do you guys think about these and the accompanying writeups? 

I kind of like the reporting. I guess we could shred the poll ten ways from Sunday... Just like the others. 

46 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

I guess he hedges his bet like DJ. Colquitt has to beat buttercup ridge and blueberry county to win a state championship, where the Huskies will have to beat the #2, #1 and #9 teams in the nation in successive weeks...

What does that have to do with where this poll has either team currently ranked? 

Real question. 

I'm sitting here, looking at this poll, and, I'm thinking that, I agree with a lot of it. 

I think that all of the first five teams could, and probably would beat the next five.

There would be some hellacious games in there if this was NOR's world and all these teams magically flew all over the planet playing all the rest of the teams. Alas, this isn't NOR's world and we have to actually pull some football IQ out and think.

I'd imagine that Colquitt could pull 3 out of 5 over Corona Centennial if they played a 5 game series. I'd imagine a similar 3 out of 5 for Cen10 if they played DLS a 5 game series. 

I wouldn't find huge issue with some shuffling of the top 10 either though. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Why the thumbs down reaction for my last post @AztecPadre

Do you only like and laugh at personal attacks or other trolling? 

If you didn't like what I said, be a man and come forward. Explain what it was you didn't like. 

I think Colquitt County wins 3 of 5 over Cen10 with defense and special teams. Not sure what type of scores we'd get because Colquitt has never faced an offense exactly like that one. This year though, I think the defense prevails. Cen10 coach probably loses it by failing to kick a field goal or punting one time. Colquitt wins by actually nailing a 55 yard kick after Cen10 fails on a 4th and forever leaving it open for Daijun Edwards and Ty Leggett to make a first down or two running the clock down and getting the kicker into position. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What does that have to do with where this poll has either team currently ranked? 

Real question. 

Which team has a better chance of going undefeated? For me the huskies should be ranked around 8-10, but the teams I would put in front of them don’t have the initials, coolhwip county. You shouldn’t be ranked too much higher than your best win. Centennial around 10, for Chandler and the packers around 40 for who knows. You guys have tens of millions of dollars for an indoor practice facility, but not enough money to come out west to play a poor public school...

A0E962E8-32B5-4E4E-BEA9-270481FE64AE.jpeg

17 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Which team has a better chance of going undefeated? For me the huskies should be ranked around 8-10, but the teams I would put in front of them don’t have the initials, coolhwip county. You shouldn’t be ranked too much higher than your best win. Centennial around 10, for Chandler and the packers around 40 for who knows. You guys have tens of millions of dollars for an indoor practice facility, but not enough money to come out west to play a poor public school...

A0E962E8-32B5-4E4E-BEA9-270481FE64AE.jpeg

Bro. I started this thread to discuss the rankings of this thread. 

I have to be honest and say that I'm sick to death of people bringing academics and economics into a fucking football discussion. What in the actual hell does any of that shit have to do with this poll? 

Colquitt probably has the best chance of going undefeated. However, if the Huskies beat Mater Dei or SJB, I'd imagine them definitely being ahead of Colquitt in this poll. Do you not? 

You're speaking of shit that may or may not happen in the future. I'd like to think this poll is about what has happened so far and is likely subject to change as teams play on. I mean, I read the story attached and it sounded a lot like the pollster(s) is/are open to shuffling the polls. Idk if they're all about being undefeated or what. Obviously they don't totally mind teams losing. JSerra is still in the top 25 after getting beat twice... One loss a damned boat race. 

Their only saving grace in my mind is how close they played SJB, but, really, after the boat race loss to Mater Dei, they should be gone in my personal opinion. 

Anyway, I wanted to discuss a poll. Somehow, we are going after the pollsters with false accusations (Pops) and going after Colquitt football (economics). 

WTF?

Oh yeah... Nice pool. Finish that beer before it gets hot. 

• Like 1

The single most interesting thing about this thread... I put Florida in the title, because the story attached had them in the lime light, yet, Cali guys come in and shit on themselves and no Florida guys even commented yet. xD

When I first came around all you guys, we talked about football while jabbing at each other a bit on the side. 

Today, we jab at each other first and talk about academics and economics on the side. 🤒

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Bro. I started this thread to discuss the rankings of this thread. 

I have to be honest and say that I'm sick to death of people bringing academics and economics into a fucking football discussion. What in the actual hell does any of that shit have to do with this poll? 

Colquitt probably has the best chance of going undefeated. However, if the Huskies beat Mater Dei or SJB, I'd imagine them definitely being ahead of Colquitt in this poll. Do you not? 

You're speaking of shit that may or may not happen in the future. I'd like to think this poll is about what has happened so far and is likely subject to change as teams play on. I mean, I read the story attached and it sounded a lot like the pollster(s) is/are open to shuffling the polls. Idk if they're all about being undefeated or what. Obviously they don't totally mind teams losing. JSerra is still in the top 25 after getting beat twice... One loss a damned boat race. 

Their only saving grace in my mind is how close they played SJB, but, really, after the boat race loss to Mater Dei, they should be gone in my personal opinion. 

Anyway, I wanted to discuss a poll. Somehow, we are going after the pollsters with false accusations (Pops) and going after Colquitt football (economics). 

WTF?

Oh yeah... Nice pool. Finish that beer before it gets hot. 

Stop cherry picking what you don’t like about the responses you got to the thread you started. You finally found a poll that put your team in the top 5. Good for you...try earning that spot! And don’t worry about my beer

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Stop cherry picking what you don’t like about the responses you got to the thread you started. You finally found a poll that put your team in the top 5. Good for you...try earning that spot! And don’t worry about my beer

So you think that Cen10 has earned the spot where they are any more than Colquitt has theirs? 

We could just as easily be discussing PrepNation or any other poll. I picked this one because it's new to me and not a dead horse. Really though, why do you come here to a football site? 

You come here to shit on folks and talk about anything but football or what? 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So you think that Cen10 has earned the spot where they are any more than Colquitt has theirs? 

We could just as easily be discussing PrepNation or any other poll. I picked this one because it's new to me and not a dead horse. Really though, why do you come here to a football site? 

You come here to shit on folks and talk about anything but football or what? 

your period is lasting way to long this cycle 😖

• Haha 1