Poor Soros

DevilDog

24 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Read the “journalist says” article, and wasn’t able to find the part where anyone was denied their ability to vote. 

Someone help a brother out. 

maybe because you don’t understand the full definition of voter suppression and the provision in the voting rights act of 1965 that covered voting laws being enacted that resulted in discrimination 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

And they ask with a straight face  “what rights and institutions are being destroyed?”   Smh

Because too Make America Great you have to pretend or overlook her flaws especially flaws that say she is not as Great as you keep espousing.  Of course certain rights of people are never taken while others been fighting for those same rights since arrival aboard certain hazardous cruise ships set sail.    Sadly voting is an issue from 1556 till this day.  What's crazy you and I could espouse the same we are educated not financially stressed hell I even live among mainly conservatives.  I don't let my success cloud what I see when I leave my comfort zone.  I meet and discuss with many that have vastly different experiences.  I know where my precinct is.  Many of them have no idea.  Look at the racism in Ga. And Fl directed at the 2 Black Gubernatorial candidates in 2018.  Damn Sad😥

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

maybe because you don’t understand the full definition of voter suppression and the provision in the voting rights act of 1965 that covered voting laws being enacted that resulted in discrimination 

No, I understand quite well actually. 

So it sounds like you’re in agreement that no one in the article was denied any of their freedoms, no?

12 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Because too Make America Great you have to pretend or overlook her flaws especially flaws that say she is not as Great as you keep espousing.  Of course certain rights of people are never taken while others been fighting for those same rights since arrival aboard certain hazardous cruise ships set sail.    Sadly voting is an issue from 1556 till this day.  What's crazy you and I could espouse the same we are educated not financially stressed hell I even live among mainly conservatives.  I don't let my success cloud what I see when I leave my comfort zone.  I meet and discuss with many that have vastly different experiences.  I know where my precinct is.  Many of them have no idea.  Look at the racism in Ga. And Fl directed at the 2 Black Gubernatorial candidates in 2018.  Damn Sad😥

Don't forget about what they are doing in North Dakota and the Indian vote.  Damn sad state of affairs and it is inconceivable to me that some can be so damn dense about this.  This is not a new phenomenon at all. 

The evidence of voter suppression is right in front of us and the lack of evidence of voter fraud are no where to be seen.  At least in the numbers that would warrant these voting laws that Republicans have been trying to enact throughout the country at the state and national level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

freedom to vote without influence from suppression.  This is the basis of the 1965 voting rights act.

I have to show ID and prove who I am as well. They even check my signature every time. 

Yet, somehow I manage to find my way down to the polling place sometime during that three week voting window and exercise my freedom sans oppression. 

Weird. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I have to show ID and prove who I am as well. They even check my signature every time. 

Yet, somehow I manage to find my way down to the polling place sometime during that three week voting window and exercise my freedom sans oppression. 

Weird. 

giphy.gif

The article I posted wasn’t about ID, it was having their applications discarded and purging them from the rolls. Extra hurdles you know to discourage groups from voting. like was pointed out 70% of which were from minority communities.  

But I agree, it is weird these hurdles/obstacles always occur in these demographics. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

You didn’t have your application discarded nor were you purged from the rolls. Extra hurdles you know to discourage groups from voting. like was pointed out 70% of which were from minority communities.  

But I agree, it is weird these hurdles/obstacles always occur in these demographics. 

I've actually had my application returned for errors, just like the people in the "journalist says" article. 

Guess what happened? I fixed it, and voted. 9_9

2 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I've actually had my application returned for errors, just like the people in the "journalist says" article. 

Guess what happened? I fixed it, and voted. 9_9

Sir what State are you residing in? I want to have a serious no BS political discourse about these voting actions directed at American citizens.  We should all be concerned about any infringements correct.  I want to lay out to you why you and I don't face the same though I'm African American and suffer no suppression.  

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir what State are you residing in? I want to have a serious no BS political discourse about these voting actions directed at American citizens.  We should all be concerned about any infringements correct.  I want to lay out to you why you and I don't face the same though I'm African American and suffer no suppression.  

O-H 👍