Twenty-nine consecutive quarters, no TDs allowed

badrouter

Not a particularly stout schedule as only four of the eight teams have winning records, but Lakeland's defense (all units, 1st string as well as backups) has gone 29 straight quarters without allowing a TD. Defense has only yielded three total points in those 7+ games. I can't recall any other teams in the upper levels of power states duplicating that. 

Lakeland has outscored their last seven opponents 355-9 (one kickoff return TD allowed), all running clock games. Possibly a negative, as when the playoffs start it would have been two months since they had a close game where the starters played into the 4th quarter. 

No doubt this is the deepest, most talented and most dominant team in Lakeland history. For what that's worth...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wake me up when they beat Plant and the Region 1 winner which would be Columbia,  or Robert E Lee. 

Wonder why Lakeland would schedule such a bad schedule. Apopka is pretty good but that's it. The rest stinks. 

Lakeland vs Columbia to play STA seems pretty interesting  

Manatee (Bosco, Good Counsel, Miami Central, STA) and Apopka (@South Panola during long win streak, @ Byrnes) have both played major, nationally relevant games in recent years. East Lake has a solid program. Gibbs was even a playoff team when Lakeland scheduled them. Based on the ~10 years, those first three would be considered a very difficult schedule. They haven't been quite as good this year. But, it's not like scheduling them qualifies as looking for lightweights.

Obviously, the season hinges on the playoffs. No way to know what will happen then. Should be fun!

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Those stats speak more to scheduling crappy teams, than anything else.

One game vs. Cen10 would blow up your narrative quickly.

Cen10 is probably the most consistently prolific offense in the country. Naming one team at the top of the world of offense doesn't change an entire narrative.

The ONLY way to stop or significantly slow the top up-tempo, spread teams is for a three or four man defensive front to consistently whip the OL and end up in the backfield. If you have to blitz to pressure the pocket/get to the backs, you're fucked. At least with the rules of blocking screen passes as they are now. I think this Lakeland defense would match up fairly well, given their fast D-line. Certainly, it's a much better combination of talent and quickness than anything they see in southern California.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Goldmember is embarrassed that this clown is from Florida. 

Lakeland plays one of the most embarrassing slapdick-filled schedules in 7A and yet somebody has the audacity to create a thread like this.

They paid thousands of dollars to bus in #4452 Cooper City and #5865 South Broward from 3 hours away.

8 of their 10 opponents are outside the calpreps top 2000.

Their two best opponents are #400 Apopka (6-3) and #809 Manatee (6-3). Two 3-loss teams that Lakeland failed to put running clocks on.

The best team that they "dominated" or put a running clock on was #2360 East Lake (5-4). That East Lake team lost a ridiculously bad Rickards (2-7) team.

Lakeland won't play a swinging dick until mid-to-late November.

Anybody who mentions them before that point, in any context, should be mercilessly scorned and ridiculed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wake me up when they beat Plant and the Region 1 winner which would be Columbia,  or Robert E Lee. 

Wonder why Lakeland would schedule such a bad schedule. Apopka is pretty good but that's it. The rest stinks. 

Lakeland vs Columbia to play STA seems pretty interesting  

That's if Lakeland beats viera and plant

Lot can happen in next month 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goldmember said:

Goldmember is embarrassed that this clown is from Florida. 

Lakeland plays one of the most embarrassing slapdick-filled schedules in 7A and yet somebody has the audacity to create a thread like this.

They paid thousands of dollars to bus in #4452 Cooper City and #5865 South Broward from 3 hours away.

8 of their 10 opponents are outside the calpreps top 2000.

Their two best opponents are #400 Apopka (6-3) and #809 Manatee (6-3). Two 3-loss teams that Lakeland failed to put running clocks on.

The best team that they "dominated" or put a running clock on was #2360 East Lake (5-4). That East Lake team lost a ridiculously bad Rickards (2-7) team.

Lakeland won't play a swinging dick until mid-to-late November.

Anybody who mentions them before that point, in any context, should be mercilessly scorned and ridiculed.

Annnndddd this dipshit is back, full blown over compensatory passive aggressive mommy/daddy issue oedipal complex clusterfuck personality.

Welcome back!

Your Biological Pops

p.s. I'm here for mom, you need to clear out for the night.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Annnndddd this dipshit is back, full blown over compensatory passive aggressive mommy/daddy issue oedipal complex clusterfuck personality.

Welcome back!

Your Biological Pops

p.s. I'm here for mom, you need to clear out for the night.

Isn't being a Buford fan enough punishment and emasculation for one person?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Those stats speak more to scheduling crappy teams, than anything else.

One game vs. Cen10 would blow up your narrative quickly.

I would say this exactly.  No doucbt Laklenad is  one of the legit publics for always cranking out talent - they got some athletes there.  Ray Lewis said "Higher levels of football are not just about athletic ability.  How quick you read & recognize becomes more important at each level.  Hell, I goy boys back in Lakeland that bench more and run faster than me yet they're on the couch and I'm here"   

Lol I still remember that comment he made after his first pro bowl

• Like 4

12 hours ago, 954gator said:

@badrouter will Lakeland continue streams for the playoffs?  They are one of the good ones when it cones to streaming.

No clue. Usually they do the home games, but they do depend on a sponsor stepping up and paying the FHSAA fee for playoff games. There are a couple Lakeland guys over on the Florida board who'd know better than I would. I'm apparently not allowed to be a member there, as I tried to sign up a while back and never got approved. lol