A pox on all of your houses

DarterBlue

21 minutes ago, Troll said:

Nobody does....and just about everyone agrees... 

Just make sure you are not bringing that hate....yourself...

and you will be fine...

Troll, trust me or not, I am not a hater of others. I hate only those that would do harm to me. And even some of those individuals I don't hate. To hate those that are ignorant is being ignorant yourself. 

But I do take steps to ensure those who hate me will not harm me. I know the Bible admonishes one to turn the other cheek, but you will pardon me for stating I don't like to get slapped around. 

When confronted with hatred, my first inclination is, is there a way to avoid this? However, I am not at all a coward and will fight if: I am confronted and feel it I must defend myself; or if I see something that I consider morally reprehensible, I will fight to help those in need. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Troll, trust me or not, I am not a hater of others. I hate only those that would do harm to me. And even some of those individuals I don't hate. To hate those that are ignorant is being ignorant yourself. 

But I do take steps to ensure those who hate me will not harm me.

I know the Bible admonishes one to turn the other cheek, but you will pardon me for stating I don't like to get slapped around. 

When confronted with hatred, my first inclination is, is there a way to avoid this? However, I am not at all a coward and will fight if: I am confronted and feel it I must defend myself; or if I see something that I consider morally reprehensible, I will fight to help those in need. 

Yeah I get it, but you probably had to wait till that music stopped to write this....🤔

Let's just say that if you are going to pick a fight with every asshole that spills a drink at the bar, then you will never have time to enjoy your own beer...….with the number of A-holes lurking in some places.....

There are better places to enjoy your beer..

...just sayin' 

10 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Grammar police just broke the law? 

These were the guys ……..that halted all further tailgating in the Meadowlands....

Yes, I was at that show 😲

Saw a dude light his own face on fire, standing on top of a car in the parking lot (think he seriously messed himself up being stupid), another chucking M80's off the upper deck on the crowd below...etc. etc. 😵

Maybe it was just jersey? LOL

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Troll said:

Let's just say that if you are going to pick a fight with every asshole that spills a drink at the bar, then you will never have time to enjoy your own beer...….with the number of A-holes lurking in some places.....

There are better places to enjoy your beer..

...just sayin' 

We are in agreement on the above. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Troll said:

These were the guys ……..that halted all further tailgating in the Meadowlands....

Saw a dude light his own face on fire, standing on top of a car in the parking lot (think he seriously messed himself up being stupid), another chucking M80's off the upper deck on the crowd below...etc. etc. 😵

Maybe but as much as I liked their music the concert that I attended saw weird and crazy shit also.  The darkest 'feeling' I've ever got from going to a concert ever.  It was a strange energy.  But I really liked the music. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

I don't need all you damn hate! It shortens lives and makes them miserable. 

Imo, hating, in whatever form, is about the most counter productive and a complete waste of one's time.  It only hurts the person who is hating and not the hated.  Kind of like drinking poison and expecting the other person to become ill.  I still have not completely followed my own advice at times but it's still something that I always try to remember. 

It's difficult to read the hate and vitriol from some on this forum and I truly do not understand how people choose to live with that hate 24/7. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You need to realize that the majority of the time we post something on this side, it's only to annoy you and your cronies.

Life's short.

Interesting way to spend your time during this short life -- seeing how often you can annoy others. To me, that quickly becomes a waste of valuable time.

But, Keep on Postin'...

image.png.03aed150f330b0d887ae7531dc0d1f33.png

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Troll said:

no..not just N.J.!..LOL..good times huh!?...I saw them at the Garden around the same time 1982ish??...it was the last time the played there...forever banned after that show...everyone went nuts and started ripping the seats up and throwing the cushions toward the stage...by the end of the show the stage was 2-3ft. high with seat cushions...it was an awesome show...I had nose bleed seats and made it to the floor!

just saw them last month at Bethel Woods..they rocked!..Rob Halford was awesome!..he ended the show saying "we're Judas fuckin Priest"!!...he got my blood flowing...😝

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Troll said:

Nope. Can vouch that basically the same shit went down in Columbus, OH. 👍

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I spend 2.5 hours a day commuting by train. With 261 works days per year, that's 652 hours to post annually. #therapeutic #1

So now we know! You ought to contribute to a Prep Gridiron fund since you are getting free mental health services. 

One reason I left the Tri-state area was the fact I got tired of the 3 hour commute I had each day. I don't miss those at all. 

• Haha 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

LOL

I hope to be with you down in FL soon. After all, that's why we work so hard up here! 

PS...If Gillum wins, my destination and final resting place will change ;) Maybe to GA!! 

There is a possibility you could go 0-2 on those two states. We will see. Both tight and fascinating ... stay tuned. 

But if the Republican talking points on Gillum are true and he can be bought, you need not worry as little will change. So come on down, the economy needs you. The recovery cost from Michael are going to be huge. 

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Imo, hating, in whatever form, is about the most counter productive and a complete waste of one's time.  It only hurts the person who is hating and not the hated.  Kind of like drinking poison and expecting the other person to become ill.  I still have not completely followed my own advice at times but it's still something that I always try to remember. 

It's difficult to read the hate and vitriol from some on this forum and I truly do not understand how people choose to live with that hate 24/7. 

See....I told you.... that you were a good egg...😜

Must suck to have to agree with me on something tho 🤣

kudos on the well stated post....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Good point. Forgot about Abrams. I guess SC is in the mix too! Get ready @Bormio 

I have no sense the SC governor’s race is really close.  The Dems have an attractive candidate, but he has not caught fire.  And GOP in this state has no whiff of panic about this race,  No one loves Henry McMaster, but very few hate him.