The No Nonsense Top 100

Omaha Vol

Sorry I haven't put out a poll in a bit. Been under the weather for a couple of weeks. For that I decided to put out a top 100 instead of my usual 50.

1. Bellflower,CA St. John Bosco

2. Allen,TX

3. Santa Ana,CA Mater Dei

4. Bradenton,FL IMG

5. Miami,FL Carol City

6. Moultrie,GA Colquitt County

7. Houston,TX N. Shore

8. Corona,CA Centennial

9. Baltimore,MD St. Frances

10. Washington,DC St. John's

11. Miami,FL Central

12. Ft. Lauderdale,FL Aquinas

13. Concord,CA De LaSalle

14. Baton Rouge,LA University Lab

15. Folsom,CA

16. Duncanville,TX

17. Honolulu,HI St. Louis

18. Indianapolis,IN Warren Central

19. Irmo,SC Dutch Fork

20. Cincinnati,OH Colerain

21. Westlake Village,CA Oaks Christian

22. San Juan Capistrano,CA JSerra

23. Broken Arrow,OK

24. Philadelphia,PA St. Joseph's Prep

25. Longview,TX

26. Frankfort,IL Lincoln-Way East

27. Chandler,AZ

28. Hyattsville,MD DeMatha

29. St. Louis,MO Christian Brothers

30. Oradell,NJ Bergen Catholic

31. Akron,OH Hoban

32. Loganville,GA Grayson

33. Katy,TX

34. Leesburg,GA Lee County

35. Aledo,TX

36. Rome,GA

37. Phenix City,AL Central

38. Mentor,OH

39. Lakewood,OH St. Edward

40. Phoenix,AZ Pinnacle

41. Powder Springs,GA Hillgrove

42. Apopka,FL Wekiva

43. Washington,DC Gonzaga

44. Plantation,FL American Heritage

45. Montvale,NJ St. Joseph Regional

46. Cedar Hill,TX

47. Mission Viejo,CA

48. Muskegon,MI

49. Peoria,AZ Centennial

50. Las Vegas,NV Gorman

51. River Ridge,LA Curtis

52. Lakeland,FL

53. Horn Lake,MS

54. Fresno,CA Central

55. Draper,UT Corner Canyon

56. Lufkin,TX

57. Clinton Township,MI Chippewa Valley

58. West Monroe,LA

59. Coatesville,PA

60. Deerfield Beach,FL

61. Converse,TX Judson

62. Brentwood,CA Liberty

63. Vero Beach,FL

64. Gilbert,AZ Perry

65. Houston,TX Cypress Ranch

66. Austin,TX Westlake

67. Charlotte,NC Mallard Creek

68. Olney,MD Good Counsel

69. Anderson,SC Hanna

70. Cleveland,OH St. Ignatius

71. American Fork,UT

72. Southlake,TX Carroll

73. Jacksonville,FL Trinity Christian

74. Jenks,OK

75. Hoover,AL

76. Toledo,OH Central Catholic

77. La Puente,CA Amat

78. Hollywood,FL Chaminade-Madonna

79. Dallas,TX Highland Park

80. Lake City,FL Columbia

81. Arlington,TX

82. Starkville,MS

83. Memphis,TN University School

84. Milton,GA

85. Lawrenceville,GA Archer

86. Lilburn,GA Parkview

87. North Little Rock,AR

88. Alabaster,AL Thompson

89. Park Hills,KY Covington Catholic

90. Chicago,IL Brother Rice

91. Highland,UT Lone Peak

92. Baton Rouge,LA Catholic

93. Chicago,IL Marist

94. Venice,FL

95. Calabasas,CA

96. Warner Robins,GA

97. S. Jordan,UT Bingham

98. Tulsa,OK Union

99. Sammamish,WA Eastside Catholic

100. Alcoa,TN

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Well, for starters, 40-0 over Del Oro and 70-34 over Chaminade come to mind. Secondly, it was Folsom’s first game right out of the gate as well. 

So your telling us that none of the teams ranked 16-100 could have been shut out by DLS in week 0 and then run up 70 points 4-7 Chaminade (which also coughed up 50+ to 3 loss Notre Dame).

I wont even get into the other "marquee" win over Del Oro with their joke of a  schedule.

The devil has done n.o.t.h.i.n.g to warrant a Top 15 ranking.  If they played even a GCL schedule, they may very easily have 2-3 losses by now.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So your telling us that none of the teams ranked 16-100 could have been shut out by DLS in week 0 and then run up 70 points 4-7 Chaminade (which also coughed up 50+ to 3 loss Notre Dame).

I wont even get into the other "marquee" win over Del Oro with their joke of a  schedule.

The devil has done n.o.t.h.i.n.g to warrant a Top 15 ranking.  If they played even a GCL schedule, they may very easily have 2-3 losses by now.

Wasn't Chaminade ranked like top 25 in calpreps during preseason? 

Also calpreps had Orange Lutheran top 10 in nation 😂 

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Now that the Devil has scheduled up, you owe them just a smidgen of objectivity 

I’ll have more of an open mind when you object to Oaks in the top 25 and point out they struggled twice with a team Folsom put to bed in first half 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Wasn't Chaminade ranked like top 25 in calpreps during preseason? 

Also calpreps had Orange Lutheran top 10 in nation 😂 

Don’t know about their CP preseason ranking but they were a popular candidate for the coveted socal #4 spot based on giving SJB a close game the prior year 

Socal guys began backpeddling in that as soon as the game was scheduled, apparently for good reason, but was definitely the demarcation point for their local support 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

I’ll have more of an open mind when you object to Oaks in the top 25 and point out they struggled twice with a team Folsom put to bed in first half 

For the record. I object to Jokes in the Top 25.  Never been a fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Don’t know about their CP preseason ranking but they were a popular candidate for the coveted socal #4 spot based on giving SJB a close game the prior year 

Socal guys began backpeddling in that as soon as the game was scheduled, apparently for good reason, but was definitely the demarcation point for their local support 

I get that but just because they 4th best in a strong region it don't justify how high they were ranked

That's like saying the 3rd best team in FL 6A region 4 should be in Top 25 just because the 1 and 2 teams in that region are ranked that high (Carol City and Miami Central)

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

How does the devil get to #15?

*beat nobody relevant

*got shutout vs DLS in week 0 which is DLS most vulnerable week

I know you didn't watch the game but anybody who did will tell you that Folsom looked every bit as good as DLS. They pass the eye ball test everywhere on the field, including defense. Think about this, DLS scored 14 points off of 5 turnovers at home. DLS had 4 months to prepare for Folsom's offense and it showed. DLS has one of the best defenses in the country and when you turn the ball over 5 times nobody is overcoming that. 

Go watch the tape and tell me that DLS is clear-cut better than Folsom. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Extremely Humble said:

I know you didn't watch the game but anybody who did will tell you that Folsom looked every bit as good as DLS. They pass the eye ball test everywhere on the field, including defense. Think about this, DLS scored 14 points off of 5 turnovers at home. DLS had 4 months to prepare for Folsom's offense and it showed. DLS has one of the best defenses in the country and when you turn the ball over 5 times nobody is overcoming that. 

Go watch the tape and tell me that DLS is clear-cut better than Folsom. 

In that case, neither of those teams should be Top 15.  I am not sold on DLS this year either.  Barely squeeked by The Bishop, and Would lose again in the SBG by 21+

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

People don't understand what Folsom did to Chaminade.... It was 49-7 with 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter! Folsom could have seriously dropped 100 if they didn't take their starters out after half. 

Chaminade played Oaks Christian tough twice, who just beat JSerra. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

In that case, neither of those teams should be Top 15.  I am not sold on DLS this year either.  Barely squeeked by The Bishop, and Would lose again in the SBG by 21+

The SBG game is going to be a lot closer this season. DLS is a lot better than last year IMO. 

BTW- If DLS somehow manages to win, they're in conversation for National champs. Folsom would end in the top 10 in many polls. 

#yourworstnightmare

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

The SBG game is going to be a lot closer this season. DLS is a lot better than last year IMO. 

BTW- If DLS somehow manages to win, they're in conversation for National champs. Folsom would end in the top 10 in many polls. 

#yourworstnightmare

Yep any team riding a 0-14 loss to a Top 10 final ranking would be a nightmare scenario.  But if any team could do it, it would be the devil.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

People don't understand what Folsom did to Chaminade.... It was 49-7 with 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter! Folsom could have seriously dropped 100 if they didn't take their starters out after half. 

Chaminade played Oaks Christian tough twice, who just beat JSerra. 

Who's Chaminade?  Everyone knew they would be way down this year and they finished 4-7 just as expected.  A true Top15 team would not have dodged SJB like Folsom did.  Sorry

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Yep any team riding a 0-14 loss to a Top 10 final ranking would be a nightmare scenario.  But if any team could do it, it would be the devil.

A 14-0 loss, on the road, first game of the season, with 5 turnovers, with more yards, botched calls, against the national champion, would warrant a top 10 ranking. 

Sorry, I thought this was the excuse thread.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Seriously, big score wins are over-rated.  In 2015 Cen10 dropped 70 on a 7-3 Chaminade team in the playoffs and had second team in for entire second half.  Later on they put 62 on a 13-0 SJB team that was averaging 11pts/gm on defense.  They then scored only 21 against DLS in the championship game (stopped in the red zone 4times).  Bottom line, they couldn’t score enough when it counted.

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Seriously, big score wins are over-rated.  In 2015 Cen10 dropped 70 on a 7-3 Chaminade team in the playoffs and had second team in for entire second half.  Later on they put 62 on a 13-0 SJB team that was averaging 11pts/gm on defense.  They then scored only 21 against DLS in the championship game (stopped in the red zone 4times).  Bottom line, they couldn’t score enough when it counted.

So you're saying that the SS D1 championship game didn't "count"?

In fact this whole statement of yours is patently absurd.