2019 Backyard Blitz Dayton Ohio

Nolebull813

There will be a showcase football event August 30th-31st in the Dayton Area hosted by Wayne High. They are looking for national teams to come play.

Look out for this event. The people running it organize the Flying to the Hoop basketball classic which is the 2nd best basketball event in the country. 

Will update when available 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

There will be a showcase football event August 30th-31st in the Dayton Area hosted by Wayne High. They are looking for national teams to come play.

Look out for this event. The people running it organize the Flying to the Hoop basketball classic which is the 2nd best basketball event in the country. 

Will update when available 

Flying to the Hoop is must see basketball.  No slow down ball teams invited.  

53 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Are they trying to do what Cincinnati did? I hope it is as successful. The Skyline Chili series was the original for bringing in national teams. Loved it! 

It still exists, but it's not the same as it used to be. It's actually called the Skyline Chili crosstown Showdown, and basically was just a bunch of games in week 1 between local rivals. The national games came later and kinda in between local games. 

They actually were gonna cancel the event, and might have even took a year off last year after the NCAA came up with the rule of no high school games on college campuses in August, which has since been rescinded. 

This past year they basically just picked a bunch of games throughout the whole season and named them Crosstown Showdown games. More expensive tickets, but at least there's skyline cheese coneys at the games. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

ED is choosing to play Cincy Winton Woods over SFA or GC. Smh. 

I would take Winton Woods over GC straight up.  SFA is a whole other story.  Winton Woods has one of the best backs in Ohio who will end up underrated like Snell at UK and Montgomery at Iowa St. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I would take Winton Woods over GC straight up.  SFA is a whole other story.  Winton Woods has one of the best backs in Ohio who will end up underrated like Snell at UK and Montgomery at Iowa St. 

Ed’s/WW game should be a good one

WW always has a bunch of athletes 

Eds brings a big # back on D and some good pieces on O. The X factor will be the QB which should be Connor O’ Malley although a stud Soph to be QB will be knocking at the door 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Ed’s/WW game should be a good one

WW always has a bunch of athletes 

Eds brings a big # back on D and some good pieces on O. The X factor will be the QB which should be Connor O’ Malley although a stud Soph to be QB will be knocking at the door 

Winton Woods, Mentor (assuming they play again this year), plus their in-state Catholic opponents is a hell of an Ohio-based schedule.

Out of curiosity does Eds ever play LaSalle or St. X during regular season?  Seems like they play Elder and Moeller almost every year. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Winton Woods, Mentor (assuming they play again this year), plus their in-state Catholic opponents is a hell of an Ohio-based schedule.

Out of curiosity does Eds ever play LaSalle or St. X during regular season?  Seems like they play Elder and Moeller almost every year. 

Great question 

dont think they ever played LaSalle but always played X . 2010 was the last year with Ed’s up by only 8 with 1 minute left Ed’s Anthony Young ran a fake punt backed in their end zone to make a first down to ice the game.

they never played again. Hmm 

Ed’s plays , Mentor, Iggy, Elder, Moeller, WW in State along with Buchtel

OOS looks like Cass Tech, Erie Prep and Indy Catholic 

fill in a Canadian team?

On 2/6/2019 at 9:07 AM, nptb17 said:

Miyan Williams and Jutahn McClain are probably the 2 best RB's in OH.....Crazy thing is they both could've ended up on the same team, as they played together on Winton Woods feeder schools. McClain now plays up the road at Fairfield

17 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Miyan Williams and Jutahn McClain are probably the 2 best RB's in OH.....Crazy thing is they both could've ended up on the same team, as they played together on Winton Woods feeder schools. McClain now plays up the road at Fairfield

I went up and watched McClain against your Cardinals.  He's the type of back I want at ND.  He's the reason I didn't say Miyan was the best back in Ohio.

On 2/9/2019 at 2:21 PM, OdbCle said:

I’d rather see them play a good Ohio team than another overrated MD team. 😉

LMAO... We all know Ed's scared to play GC...Remember they had a contract and cancelled in 18'  They want no part of GC or SFA ...