Live GA 7A Title: Milton defeats Colquitt Co. 14-13

ECHS05

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Off topic, but I'm still torn about yesterday's game (the penalty).

In that situation, do you take the points and trust your defense or take the points off the board and accept the penalty? 

You take the penalty and a 1st down. That was an awful choice.

I didnt think he knew itd be a 1st down.

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

But the rule of thumb is to never take points off the board. 

He was in a tough spot. 

It wasn’t that tough. The field goal would’ve been there 3 plays later. If you turn the ball over at the 2 you deserve to lose. 

They should’ve won the game 36-35. Go for 2 and end it w/ momentum in regulation. Hit #2 coming across Bainbridge couldn’t stop that all day

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

It wasn’t that tough. The field goal would’ve been there 3 plays later. If you turn the ball over at the 2 you deserve to lose. 

They should’ve won the game 36-35. Go for 2 and end it w/ momentum in regulation. Hit #2 coming across Bainbridge couldn’t stop that all day

So you would've taken the points off the board...okay. I was hoping that the penalty would be enforced on bainbridge's next possession. Instead of them starting on the 15, they woulda started on the 30. 

31 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

But the rule of thumb is to never take points off the board. 

He was in a tough spot. 

.... When youre gonna get the ball at the 2 with a 1st down... You take 3 points off with a great chance to make it 7.

If you cant get the ball in from the 2 with 4 downs to play with... You probably arent gonna win anyway.

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

.... When youre gonna get the ball at the 2 with a 1st down... You take 3 points off with a great chance to make it 7.

If you cant get the ball in from the 2 with 4 downs to play with... You probably arent gonna win anyway.

Gotcha. I saw several people on twitter saying that it wasn't gonna be an automatic first down even if he woulda accepted the penalty.