Pretty decent Illinois team is looking for possible OOS game

abbatt

Lake Zurich is a 7A team that was 13-1 in 2017......lost in the state championship game 21-14. Last year they were 7-4. Always a very well-coached.disciplined team with good speed and physical play.

They would be a good match-up for some mid level to just below upper level teams in most states. They are looking for an opponent Home or away in first week of September. If interested contact Head coach Luke Mertens at lukemertens@lz95.org

16 hours ago, abbatt said:

Well now on their website it looks like they filled the slot with Chicago Marist....so never mind !!

Good team to fill the schedule with, but I wish it would've been an OOS game.

I would love to see Lake Zurich (or any other Chicago area team) play an Eden Prairie or Muskego type team. 

19 hours ago, abbatt said:

Lake Zurich is a 7A team that was 13-1 in 2017......lost in the state championship game 21-14. Last year they were 7-4. Always a very well-coached.disciplined team with good speed and physical play.

They would be a good match-up for some mid level to just below upper level teams in most states. They are looking for an opponent Home or away in first week of September. If interested contact Head coach Luke Mertens at lukemertens@lz95.org

my brother coaches youth football for Barrington football out there..I believe that is the feeder program for Lake Zurich?...my nephews went to the local Catholic HS...Can't remember the name!...St. Viator?....I would love to see some Chicago teams do some traveling and see how they do...

Yes....

I would like to see teams like Lake Zurich.....Cary-Grove.....Warren Township....Barrington.... play OOS teams like Kimberly WI........top Iowa teams......top Kansas teams .....  good Mi. teams..the teams that you mentioned...etc. St Viator had a 6`5...250 lb TE last year but i believe that he graduated....don`t know where he went.

Whiteshoes,

i wish Chicago area Catholic`s like Loyola...Mt.Carmel....Montini.....Marist.......Brother Rice.......Nazarath....other teams like LWE....HF.......Bolingbrook........   would play Cathedral......Carmel....other Indy area Catholic`s.......Brownsburg.......Warren Central........Center Grove.......I mean we are neighboring states !! They would be highly competitive games.

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

Whiteshoes,

i wish Chicago area Catholic`s like Loyola...Mt.Carmel....Montini.....Marist.......Brother Rice.......Nazarath....other teams like LWE....HF.......Bolingbrook........   would play Cathedral......Carmel....other Indy area Catholic`s.......Brownsburg.......Warren Central........Center Grove.......I mean we are neighboring states !! They would be highly competitive games.

Have always wondered why Indiana teams don't schedule more Illinois games.    Last year I went to Michigan City to watch them play Homewood-Floosmoor for the chance to watch a team from Illinois play.   Cathedral and Warren Central will play Ohio teams and Penn plays a couple of Michigan teams each year but there does not seem to be a lot of action to our west.    Still think someone should establish a two-day event at Lucas Oil featuring teams from Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio.     

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They currently have 10/4 and 10/11 available. 

Baller, you sound like just the person who could get the ball rolling on an event at Lucas Oil.    I agree with @abbatt that the crowds would be great, Indianapolis is a great city to host events (i.e., Super Bowls, NCAA Finals) and LOS is a great venue.   

GSB,

Programs like Muskegon .MI.......De LaSalle Collegiate .MI.......Brownsburg. Ind.......Bishop Chatard. Ind... are consistently good but don`t get the ink and exposure because of that 300 mile travel restriction. Up until about 5 years ago Illinois had a restriction of 350 miles. Now that it has been lifted Illinois teams have played in FL.....Tn.......MS....GA......etc. An event at LOS would need Sponsors and I`m also sure that ESPN would want to be involved as well.

7 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Good team to fill the schedule with, but I wish it would've been an OOS game.

I would love to see Lake Zurich (or any other Chicago area team) play an Eden Prairie or Muskego type team. 

I believe Stevenson and Muskegeon just recently split a two game series.  Mundelein Carmel played and lost to Wayazata a few years ( or maybe a decade ) ago. Cathedral and Sac Ht Griff took turns beating each others brains out a couple of seasons ago as well.

Overall, IL teams have fared pretty well OOS in the Midwest recently. IMO, if their better 8A teams were allowed to play mid season OOS against "more elite" teams, they would show well.

Gospeeder,

Yes Stevie and Muskegon split......Stevie won at Muskegon 38-35 and Muskegon won the re-match 28-7. Carmel has played twicw OOS losing to Wayzata 33-27 and losing at Cincy Elder 21-14. Sac H Griff lost to Cathedral 40-17 and the beat Whitehaven Tn 49-20 the next year. They are a 5A team in Ill so they were a bit over-matched against Cathedral.

Yes ...because of no inter-team pre-season scrimmages allowed in Il it is better if they play OOS game around mid-season.

Omaha Vol,

It was in 2013....The final score was actually 49-27 because WH returned a punt for a TD with under a minute to go. WH finished 9-3 and SSHG won 5A with a 14-0 record. The year before Cathedral beat SSHG 40-17.... SSHG QB wasn`t playing so a Soph QB started and threw 4 ints. in first half.....3 were returned for TD`s. by Cathedral. SSHG actually out-gained Cathedral 326-287 but couldn`t overcome the 3 picks.

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

I was surprised Whitehaven got thumped like that. They are usually a good Memphis team. I can’t remember if that was a down year for them or not. What year was that?

Whitehaven is 2-1 vs Illinois

2013 Whitehaven was 9-3 when SHG beat them. SHG was 14-0 and state champ

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/whitehaven-tigers-(memphis,tn)/football-fall-13/schedule.htm

2011: Whitehaven 7 St Rita (Chicago) 0

2012:  Whitehaven 26 East St Louis 6

RedZone,

In 2011 Whitehaven finished 14-1 losing in the state championship to Maryville 23-7. St.Rita finished 10-3 losing to Loyola Academy 34-7 and Wheaton Warrenville South 28-14.

In 2012 Whitehaven finished 15-0 ..state champs........ESL finished 8-3 losing to Rockhurst, MO 20-12 and Edwardsville Il 21-18.

• Like 1