Rivals 2020 top ten

Ararar

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Why am I not surprised to see Fl has zero?   It’s weird how Fl keeps dropping in these recruiting rankings top 100 or 250, while they keep increasing on NFL talent.  Makes no sense.

I don’t think any college recruiter needs some sham site who is fringe defunct to realize that Florida along with Texas and Georgia are the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. It’s one stop shop here. 

Recruiting sites got exposed for the frauds they were anyways when those kids catfished them. College recruiters use a much more sophisticated database then freaking rivals.

actually im more surprised they still existed than any info they provide 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Why am I not surprised to see Fl has zero?   It’s weird how Fl keeps dropping in these recruiting rankings top 100 or 250, while they keep increasing on NFL talent.  Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I don’t think any college recruiter needs some sham site who is fringe defunct to realize that Florida along with Texas and Georgia are the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. It’s one stop shop here. 

Recruiting sites got exposed for the frauds they were anyways when those kids catfished them. College recruiters use a much more sophisticated database then freaking rivals.

You fellas seem bitter this morning.247 doesn’t have a Florida kid until #30 as well.Lets revisit this 3-4 years down the line to see who was right or wrong 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ararar said:

You fellas seem bitter this morning.247 doesn’t have a Florida kid until #30 as well.Lets revisit this 3-4 years down the line to see who was right or wrong 

Exactly not just hating just on Rivals FWIW.    We'll see when draft day comes.   I'm guessing at least 5 in the first round for FL.  

14 hours ago, 954gator said:

Florida produces the most athletes or players at positions where athleticism often makes the difference. But, those athletes also end up facing the highest percentage of athletes per opponent. So, sometimes they don't stand out as much. You can find players in other states who certainly rank with the elite athletically, but face fewer athletes on Friday nights and so they stand out more. So, it's easier to rank them higher at this point in their career.

Looks like Demarkcus Bowman is now the highest rated player in the state and #3 RB in the country. They kind of had to put him ahead of Marshawn Loyd given the difference in outcomes vs. STA...

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Florida produces the most athletes or players at positions where athleticism often makes the difference. But, those athletes also end up facing the highest percentage of athletes per opponent. So, sometimes they don't stand out as much. You can find players in other states who certainly rank with the elite athletically, but face fewer athletes on Friday nights and so they stand out more. So, it's easier to rank them higher at this point in their career.

Looks like Demarkcus Bowman is now the highest rated player in the state and #3 RB in the country. They kind of had to put him ahead of Marshawn Loyd given the difference in outcomes vs. STA...

No argument from me here.  

Yeah, I have no problem with Bowman being the best rated player.  I just think there are a lot more players from FL that deserve to be rated high.   Especially at the DB and WR position.  FL has historically been dominant at those positions at every level. 

19 minutes ago, 954gator said:

No argument from me here.  

Yeah, I have no problem with Bowman being the best rated player.  I just think there are a lot more players from FL that deserve to be rated high.   Especially at the DB and WR position.  FL has historically been dominant at those positions at every level. 

a lot more kids in this preview 

12 hours ago, badrouter said:

That, and FL plays "hero" ball. The coaching in that state outside of a small select few is pretty weak. 

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2019 at 4:41 AM, 954gator said:

If you look at Rivals & 247 rankings from literally any year besides this year it doesn't support your theory.  Florida isn't a victim of bias rankings. It's just a down year in Florida. It happens. 

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2019 at 6:10 AM, Nolebull813 said:

If you are so sure, then who exactly are the top10 prospects in the country? & why would you rank them ahead of these 10? 

I've been following rivals/scout/247 for about 10-15 years now and they have been pretty damn good job given how hard it is to project HS players 3 years down the road. In basketball they are almost 100% correct every year. 

54 minutes ago, 954gator said:

OK stop counting IMG players from other states then compare to pre IMG.

2018 class had 7 5stars from Florida. & That's not including IMG players

How exactly is that "dropping"? I'm not cherry picking a random year either, this was literally last year. 

Its a down year for Florida. Don't blame the rankings sites. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

OK stop counting IMG players from other states then compare to pre IMG.

Also you do have to consider IMG players. Evan Neal & Trey Sanders are both Florida guys. Both were in discussion for #1 recruit last year. 

Do you really have a problem with the 247 or rivals? Or are you salty that Florida is having a down year, when California is having an up year? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I don’t even know if you can say who’s having an up or down year.Just because a state has more guys considered at the top doesn’t mean another state doesn’t have a deeper talent pool.Only the draft 3-4 years from now will tell 

My point is that the recruiting sites aren't bias against Florida like the people on this post have alluded too, but yes I do agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mje44 said:

2018 class had 7 5stars from Florida. & That's not including IMG players

How exactly is that "dropping"? I'm not cherry picking a random year either, this was literally last year. 

Its a down year for Florida. Don't blame the rankings sites. 

You did cherry pick lol.   2019 class had 1. And 3 from IMG.    Only two kids outside of IMG in the top 50.   This year is similar and it’s BS.   There are no down years in Fl as far as talent.    Just a bunch if lazy evaluators that only like to eval the kids that go to their camps. 

It's not even just fl rankings etc.   Let's take Chris Steele for example.   I think he was a legit 5star, but since he didn't commit to a UGA, Bama, Clemson they tend to drop based on stupid shit like that.  Kid didn't even get thrown on once in the all star game NOT ONCE, and he took IMG 5 star RB out of the game with a big hit.   It's the BS politic shit that annoys me.  Right now some Cali teams are hot and their kids are getting overrated  

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

You did cherry pick lol.   2019 class had 1. And 3 from IMG.    Only two kids outside of IMG in the top 50.   This year is similar and it’s BS.   There are no down years in Fl as far as talent.    Just a bunch if lazy evaluators that only like to eval the kids that go to their camps. 

2016 had 3 non IMG 5stars

2017 had 4 non IMG 5stars

2018 had 7 non IMG 5stars

2019 had 3 (I'm counting Trey & Evan)

3-5 5star players is pretty standard for Texas, Cali, Florida, & Georgia. 

Besides this year, I just simply don't see the trend of Florida players not getting the respect they deserve on rankings sites. At least when looking at 5stars. All I'm saying.