2019 NFL Draftees W/NFL Pedigree

AztecPadre

43 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I just realized that DK Metcalf is the nephew of Eric Metcalf and son of Terrence Metcalf.  Are there any others in this years draft who have had family that were successful in the NFL? 

Correct and his father was on the Bears SB roster  (OL). 

Nick Bosa's Dad John was not a successful Dolphins player or pro overall, but Joey has had a good career so far.  

Herb Adderley's cousin is Nasir Adderley  (combine participant).  Herb was a dominant CB for the Packers and in the HOF.  

If notice any more I will add on below Adderley.   

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Nick Bosa's Dad John was not a successful Dolphins player or pro overall, but Joey has had a good career so far.  That's all I can add lol.  

Herb Adderley's cousin is Nasir Adderley  (combine participant).  Herb was a dominant CB for the Packers and in the HOF.  

Adderley is gonna be a 1st or 2nd rd draft pick out of delaware if I'm thinking that of the right person

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Adderley is gonna be a 1st or 2nd rd draft pick out of delaware if I'm thinking that of the right person

Yea the last name stood out and I figured he might be related to Herb.   No other names stood out other than Holyfield at quick glance. Many common last names perhaps a lead.  

Rock Ya-Sin I give the coolest combine participant name.  Drue Tranquill  close 2nd place.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TE Irv Smith Jr's (Brother Martin, NOLA) dad played in the NFL 6 or 7 seasons and had decent career.

"Irvin Martin Smith (born October 13, 1971) is a former American football player who was selected by the New Orleans Saints in the 1st round (20th overall) of the 1993 NFL Draft."

Irv Smith Jr was a beast at Brother Martin and Alabama.

Some mocks have Irv Smith Jr going in the first round. 

Irv Smith Jr came out early from Alabama. Would be cool if father/son both went first round.  That doesn't happen too often.

Smith.jpg

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Yea the last name stood out and I figured he might be related to Herb.   No other names stood out other than Holyfield at quick glance. Many common last names perhaps a lead.  

Rock Ya-Sin I give the coolest combine participant name.  Drue Tranquill  close 2nd place.  

I agree. I love that name. Gonna be a good jersey seller for whatever team gets him.

I gotta watch some clips on the delaware kid. I was reading he can play CB or safety. 

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

TE Irv Smith Jr's (Brother Martin, NOLA) dad played in the NFL 6 or 7 seasons and had decent career.

"Irvin Martin Smith (born October 13, 1971) is a former American football player who was selected by the New Orleans Saints in the 1st round (20th overall) of the 1993 NFL Draft."

Irv Smith Jr was a beast at Brother Martin and Alabama.

Some mocks have Irv Smith Jr going in the first round. 

Irv Smith Jr came out early from Alabama. Would be cool if father/son both went first round.  That doesn't happen too often.

Smith.jpg

Irv Smith Jr has a shot!

Chad Reuter of NFL.com recently released his three-round mock draft and he has the Packers taking two offensive players and two defensive players. Here's a look at who the Packers are mocked to take.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Jachai-Polite-Irv-Smith-Packers-mock-draft-NFL--129536252/

Round 1

12. Edge Jachai Polite - Florida 

30. TE Irv Smith Jr. - Alabama 

Round 2

44. OT David Edwards - Wisconsin 

Round 3

75. S Darnell Savage Jr. - Maryland 

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Nick Bosa's Dad John was not a successful Dolphins player or pro overall, but Joey has had a good career so far.  

The Bosa’s maternal side, Pyle, had a bit more success in the pro’s. I believe their maternal grandfather and great uncle played for the Colts and Bears respectively.

• Thanks 1