Projected Top 3 picks 2017 Draft

Texasball

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Wilson? I don't know man. Wilson has the "it" factor what ever "it" is he has it. His pocket presence is crazy good. When he scrambles he is still thinking pass first. I don't see that in Watson.

Yeah Wilson's situational awareness is one of the best in the game. It has to be when you're a 5'10" quarterback in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Wilson? I don't know man. Wilson has the "it" factor what ever "it" is he has it. His pocket presence is crazy good. When he scrambles he is still thinking pass first. I don't see that in Watson.

That's exactly what I think of with Watson.   Even more so than Wilson.  

Just now, nptb17 said:

Because Russell Wilson would throw the ball away rather than take sacks which is what he did most of his career at NC State.  In Wisconsin's system he had a lot of intermediate throws to bombs off the play action where he constantly placed the ball on the money.

And I'd bet they were wide open as well, with little pressure.   Truth is when Wilson was in the ACC he threw a bunch of picks too.   All of a sudden his Yards/completion go up a ton and he has only 4 picks at Wisconsin.   Sorry, he didn't get THAT much better.  When you can bulldoze a team with your run game it's not that hard to have success with the play action.       

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

And I'd bet they were wide open as well, with little pressure.   Truth is when Wilson was in the ACC he threw a bunch of picks too.   All of a sudden his Yards/completion go up a ton and he has only 4 picks at Wisconsin.   Sorry, he didn't get THAT much better.  When you can bulldoze a team with your run game it's not that hard to have success with the play action.       

Do you believe Watson is worthy of a top 5 pick? If you needed a QB right now would you draft Watson or wait until next yr. Odds are still needing a QB  you will have a top 3 pick again next yr. Then You can have a shot at Browning, Darnold, Rudolph, Rosen or Faulk?

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Do you believe Watson is worthy of a top 5 pick? If you needed a QB right now would you draft Watson or wait until next yr. Odds are still needing a QB  you will have a top 3 pick again next yr. Then You can have a shot at Browning, Darnold, Rudolph, Rosen or Faulk?

If I was in need of a QB yes.  Obviously not everyone needs a qb and if I had a decent QB, but was lacking on the line etc I wouldn't draft him.  If I needed a QB though, he is the one I'd take over the rest.  I think Darnold is going to be the top pick in the future, but I wouldn't let Watson slide if I needed a QB.   

19 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Because Russell Wilson would throw the ball away rather than take sacks which is what he did most of his career at NC State.  In Wisconsin's system he had a lot of intermediate throws to bombs off the play action where he constantly placed the ball on the money.

Russel Wilson was tied for 2nd most sacks taken in 2016.   Just saying.  

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

If I was in need of a QB yes.  Obviously not everyone needs a qb and if I had a decent QB, but was lacking on the line etc I wouldn't draft him.  If I needed a QB though, he is the one I'd take over the rest.  I think Darnold is going to be the top pick in the future, but I wouldn't let Watson slide if I needed a QB.   

Hopefully we can revisit this in a couple of yrs. I think Browning is going to be the best of the bunch including Watson.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I don't trust Browning at all.  His arm strength is terrible.

On 3/22/2017 at 10:43 PM, Texasball said:

Several different sources have it like this.

1.  Myles Garrett - From Arlington TX Martin HS

2.  Solomon Thomas - From Coppell TX High

3.  Jamal Adams - From Lewisville TX Hebron High

who would have thought the 3 best from Texas would have played defense???

Kiper Jr's latest... Jabrill F no!   :ph34r:

IMG_1414.PNG

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

No idea, would be nice if someone broke it down.

According to grading guru's

Kiper is tops amongst his peers at predicting the top picks in the draft, correctly picking 46.3% of the selections. The second half of the draft hasn’t been nearly as kind, however. He is predicting a mere 10.1% of picks correctly. Kiper has had 3 drafts in the past five years with one or less correct prediction. 2009 was particularly tough for Kiper; he went 0 for 16 with his picks in the second half of the first round

• Like 1

On 3/22/2017 at 9:43 PM, Texasball said:

Several different sources have it like this.

1.  Myles Garrett - From Arlington TX Martin HS

2.  Solomon Thomas - From Coppell TX High

3.  Jamal Adams - From Lewisville TX Hebron High

who would have thought the 3 best from Texas would have played defense???

But, but Texas is overrated and sucks at football. Said by no one with brains ever.

I just wish we could keep more of our talent in state. We are getting killed by these roachin' ass outsiders.

I remember Solomon Thomas in HS BTW. Watched him at Coppell play against Longview his senior year I believe. 

6 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

But, but Texas is overrated and sucks at football. Said by no one with brains ever.

I just wish we could keep more of our talent in state. We are getting killed by these roachin' ass outsiders.

I remember Solomon Thomas in HS BTW. Watched him at Coppell play against Longview his senior year I believe. 

One of the best high school games I ever watched live was ET/Coppell at Dragon Stadium. Coppell scored on every possession. The last 2 being FG. We won on the last play of the game. Taking the lead for the first time. Game was only second to the first ET/SLC game at the old Dragon stadium.

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Huge IF, my bet is the Frick this up AGAIN.

1st and 12th pick, that's perfect for the Browns. This team needs alot but they mainly need a QB and any kind of defensive stud.

In that case, they HAVE to pick Garret at 1. Any other pick there makes no sense because they could easily get a QB at 12 IF 49ers and Chicago don't pick QB's. No team 4-11 needs a QB. 

Just now, WulfTangClan said:

1st and 12th pick, that's perfect for the Browns. This team needs alot but they mainly need a QB and any kind of defensive stud.

In that case, they HAVE to pick Garret at 1. Any other pick there makes no sense because they could easily get a QB at 12 IF 49ers and Chicago don't pick QB's. No team 4-11 needs a QB. 

Everyone agrees with you except I feel the Browns. They are going to trade the pick.