Projected Top 3 picks 2017 Draft

Texasball

18 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Several different sources have it like this.

1.  Myles Garrett - From Arlington TX Martin HS

2.  Solomon Thomas - From Coppell TX High

3.  Jamal Adams - From Lewisville TX Hebron High

who would have thought the 3 best from Texas would have played defense???

Yet we all know it won't go anything like this. You got #1 right. Good Start 

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Several different sources have it like this.

1.  Myles Garrett - From Arlington TX Martin HS

2.  Solomon Thomas - From Coppell TX High

3.  Jamal Adams - From Lewisville TX Hebron High

who would have thought the 3 best from Texas would have played defense???

I think Ruben Foster will have a better career than all of them. I think you got the first pick right, but #2, 3, 4, etc. we shall see. 

4 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

I think Ruben Foster will have a better career than all of them. I think you got the first pick right, but #2, 3, 4, etc. we shall see. 

Why do you say that? Also, I think people are worried that his mind/mouth may cost him his career. 

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/team-reuben-foster-off-board

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699273-reuben-fosters-football-iq-reportedly-concern-for-nfl-teams-after-interviews

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

As a 49er fan only having the #2 pick (sans trades) not sure how this helps anyone at all? Draft rankings mean nothing at all until years later down the road when productivity can be measured. *Football 101.

*Al Toon and Eddie Brown were drafted ahead of Jerry Rice ?.

Our Niners are going to draft Mitch if they keep the 2 pick.  The Niners have made some solid off season moves.

24 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I like them both.  Watson's int's are a concern but I could take them early if he was decisive with his decision making.  Kap has been really indecisive the past two seasons and would hold the ball too long.

I can't recall ever seeing Watson hold on to the ball long.   He's very quick to decide to run or throw the ball away.   

I'm just saying I think there are 2-3 Trubisky type qbs every year, but guys like Watson...not so much.    You're rolling the dice either way.

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I can't recall ever seeing Watson hold on to the ball long.   He's very quick to decide to run or throw the ball away.   

I'm just saying I think there are 2-3 Trubisky type qbs every year, but guys like Watson...not so much.    You're rolling the dice either way.

That's what I was saying.  I could take Watson throwing picks early in his career as long as he's decisive with his decision making.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Why do you think that is?  Definitely wasn't the combine or his arm.

He will still be a Top 10 pick most likely....

NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. had this to say about Watson's draft stock:

He had a great final four for the second straight year. He played incredible against Alabama and Nick Saban's defense. He goes to the Combine - threw the ball well. But if you go back to the beginning of this midseason, he was considered a second- or third-round pick for a reason. He was struggling - in the pocket, making bad decisions, inaccurate throws - and he had Mike Williams who he didn't have last year. He had everybody intact on offense and Mike Wiliams returning and still was struggling.

That's why he didn't win the Heisman Trophy guys - at the end of the year he should have - but he didn't because of that early-to-midseason struggle. So, you have to factor it all together.

4 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I like them both.  Watson's int's are a concern but I could take them early if he was decisive with his decision making.  Kap has been really indecisive the past two seasons and would hold the ball too long.

Kap has still never learned to read a defense and does not know how to go through a progreeeion. Lock on one guy, when he's covered his onto ball and then hope your feet and help you make a play. That's tough going in the NFL.

Hoyer is not the answer but might work short term. They need O line help badly. A WR who can stretch the field, Gascon could be big in that regard. Defense needs help on the lines (Armstead and Buckner need consistency). And  linebackers definitely need some depth and size. They were absolutely pushed around last year, Wilhoite has no business being on the field as a LB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Kap has still never learned to read a defense and does not know how to go through a progreeeion. Lock on one guy, when he's covered his onto ball and then hope your feet and help you make a play. That's tough going in the NFL.

Hoyer is not the answer but might work short term. They need O line help badly. A WR who can stretch the field, Gascon could be big in that regard. Defense needs help on the lines (Armstead and Buckner need consistency). And  linebackers definitely need some depth and size. They were absolutely pushed around last year, Wilhoite has no business being on the field as a LB.

I fear this will be what happens with Watson. He throws way to many bad balls. At Clemson he was able to use his physical gifts to beat most teams. He wont be able to do that in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

I fear this will be what happens with Watson. He throws way to many bad balls. At Clemson he was able to use his physical gifts to beat most teams. He wont be able to do that in the NFL. 

Yeah I still have my doubts how his game will translate in the NFL because of this as well. Physically  he's a freak, but so is Kap. At the NFL level there's a lot more to it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Yeah I still have my doubts how his game will translate in the NFL because of this as well. Physically  he's a freak, but so is Kap. At the NFL level there's a lot more to it.

Yeah there have been a few physical freaks not make it playing QB in the NFL. Then you get guys like Brady the mannings and Carr who kill it. I like Dak and have to admit im  surprised by Winston.

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

I dunno man, to me Watson is an athlete, but nothing that special.   His ability to run is secondary.   I look at him as a taller Russel Wilson with better accuracy and arm, also has excellent poise in the pocket.      

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I dunno man, to me Watson is an athlete, but nothing that special.   His ability to run is secondary.   I look at him as a taller Russel Wilson with better accuracy and arm, also has excellent poise in the pocket.      

Wilson? I don't know man. Wilson has the "it" factor what ever "it" is he has it. His pocket presence is crazy good. When he scrambles he is still thinking pass first. I don't see that in Watson.

13 minutes ago, 954gator said:

He's not more accurate than Russell Wilson.