Where has this Sport been hiding

DevilDog

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

The best wrestlers-mma in world have trouble defending take downs. It’s not that easy versus the best. 

That's what I said. Unless the guy is lightening fast you can defend it. But if the guy is that quick yea your gonna end up on the floor

Just now, HSFBfan said:

That's what I said. Unless the guy is lightening fast you can defend it. But if the guy is that quick yea your gonna end up on the floor

Lot more to it than that bro. The top fighters are so damn good that takedowns can’t be defended by 99.9 percent of fighters. Look what happen to Woolley in last fight. Just as an example. No boxer can roll over to mma and defend takedown from best or even average mma guys in most cases. 

Not only takedown defense issue but the jitz and different type of cardio. Whole different sport 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

First you gotta get past those fists, I'm sure Tyson could take some MMA tutorials to backfill his boxing and come out on top.

Maybe you don't remember Tyson as a teenager dominating the heavyweight boxing scene, the rage coupled with the two fisted fight he brought to the table, Tyson is my pick the handle the elite in MMA.

I mean if McGregor can stay with the sweet science of Mayweather... I think you may have shot from the hip a little quick there, Cowboy.

Regards,

BGW

😂 you know how many strikers who have trained most of their life against a takedown get destroyed by a college wrestler 🤼‍♀️  as soon as Mike got taken down he would never get back to his feet.Not only wouldn’t he know the proper positioning and technique to get up he wouldn’t know how to defend against a submission.Unless he connected with his first punch 🥊 he is done

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ararar said:

😂 you know how many strikers who have trained most of their life against a takedown get destroyed by a college wrestler 🤼‍♀️  as soon as Mike got taken down he would never get back to his feet.Not only wouldn’t he know the proper positioning and technique to get up he wouldn’t know how to defend against a submission.Unless he connected with his first punch 🥊 he is done

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

Tyson would lose to thousands of trained mma fighters in his prime. I’m saying this with Tyson being my fav fighter back in the day. 

I respect your point of view as it were.. both of ya'll.

But in my mind, Tyson could shore up some MMA and it's extremely important that Tyson keeps them at bay with strikes, I don't think anybody could withstand a barrage of punches from Tyson and survive.

Vitor Belfort was the closest at pulling this off, but didn't have anywhere near the power of Tyson.

Regards,

BGW

At that point couple Tyson's rage and boxing acumen, it's checkmate.

23 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

But in my mind, Tyson could shore up some MMA and it's extremely important that Tyson keeps them at bay with strikes, I don't think anybody could withstand a barrage of punches from Tyson and survive.

Vitor Belfort was the closest at pulling this off, but didn't have anywhere near the power of Tyson.

Regards,

BGW

🤷🏽‍♂️ As soon as he swung and missed he gets taken down and the fights over.If he connects with one of his early punches then ok but that would be a Hail Mary situation because everyone would be all the way out or all the way in.Which brings me to another bad omen for Mike...a clinch...If for instance a judo 🥋 practitioner clinched with him Mike is getting flipped on his head never to see the upright position again.I haven’t even talked about getting kicked in the leg.Mike has one (1) way to win and a multitude of ways to lose

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

🤷🏽‍♂️ As soon as he swung and missed he gets taken down and the fights over.If he connects with one of his early punches then ok but that would be a Hail Mary situation because everyone would be all the way out or all the way in.Which brings me to another bad omen for Mike...a clinch...If for instance a judo 🥋 practitioner clinched with him Mike is getting flipped on his head never to see the upright position again.I haven’t even talked about getting kicked in the leg.Mike has one (1) way to win and a multitude of ways to lose

Really good job painting a picture of Tyson fumblefucking stumbling all over the place! With your narrative I have no chance. Lol, stay off the ropes, keep at bay with strikes, 1st shoot by opponent will get a head strike... lights out. Tyson’s lunch just as lethal as a front snap, roundhouse or spinning heel. 

Hell, Victor Belford made a career out of MMA being a striker with below average ground skills and no where the power of Tyson.

18-19 year old Tyson can gain ground skills and judo/jui jitsu and win with striking and be a much more powerful and electric Victor Belfort. 

Regards,

BGW

53 minutes ago, Ararar said:

The front leg kick would prevent the punch. Lol. There is nothing more frustrating than someone that can hold on to you in a mma fight and you can’t prevent it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Regards,

BGW

Vitor had a black belt in Jitz at the age of 17. He had ground game just liked to use his striking more. He was a great fighter when he came on scene with his ground ability and great striking. One of the early pioneers to elevate the sport

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Really good job painting a picture of Tyson fumblefucking stumbling all over the place! With your narrative I have no chance. Lol, stay off the ropes, keep at bay with strikes, 1st shoot by opponent will get a head strike... lights out. Tyson’s lunch just as lethal as a front snap, roundhouse or spinning heel. 

Hell, Victor Belford made a career out of MMA being a striker with below average ground skills and no where the power of Tyson.

18-19 year old Tyson can gain ground skills and judo/jui jitsu and win with striking and be a much more powerful and electric Victor Belfort. 

Regards,

BGW

Half of Vitors 14 loses were to ground fighters and he was a jui jitsu Black belt 🥋 practicing from childhood.Like I said Mike has one way to win. If he lands a punch 🥊 he probably wins if he swings and misses (far more likely) he loses it’s just as simple as that

• Like 2

Trust what Ararar is saying. As a 4 year HS Wrestler (scholarship offers from 2 D1 schools), 4 years Kick Boxing (sparing with Don "The Dragon" Wilson twice), and MMA training with Donnie Hair and others. I loved fighting on the mat against untrained wrestlers. Hell, most of the time it was just play time against someone with no wrestling skills.

A good Kick Boxer with decent wrestling skills beats most straight up Boxers. Would have loved to see Tyson in a MMA match with a trained MMA wrestler. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I trust the analysis, I’m going with a young Tyson... a teenager and absolutely see a possibility that Tyson could stay with and win... how much and against who, I haven’t thought that far, I’m looking at an athlete with a chip on his shoulder... both shoulders to be exact and filled with a “killing” rage. 

Ive seen it too many times in basketball and football of “athletes” that were successful in a sport where that athlete did not possess the requisite expertise but yet was successful. 

I see the point of view shared and respect it tremendously, call me bull headed... haha. 

Regards,

BGW

I think I have found a new favorite Sport.  Give Cooter and Goober 2 six packs, a Gun and a Bullet Proof Vest, with a back Porch and Well to quote Yosemite Sam> "Open up Cuz I'm a Blastinnn".  Some Funny stuff the News lady like myself was dying laughing.  Call it the Cooter Chronicles.   Cooter got mad that it hurt (No Shit) then Goober donned said Vest and Cooter went semi-auto on his ass 😁