(losses)

Dowling to Derby (KS) 

Wisconsin 

0-1

(losses)

Kimberley to Klein Collins (TX)

7 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

DeSoto 40 CHill 31

***(Although, no one beats L. Travis in this region. Not the way they were playing at the end of the year.)*** 

Curious as to why you think that? I mean they had an awesome game against Woodlands, but...hard to say they'd definitively beat Cedar Hill or Desoto based on just that.

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Curious as to why you think that? I mean they had an awesome game against Woodlands, but...

They also beat the snot out of atascocita in the semifinals the week before (63-21), the same team that had just beaten def Ning champ north shore.

Whereas, Desoto had several close playoff games, including a nail biter vs klein Collins.  Lake travis nis three the season as #1 and ended up that way IMO.  Really a complete and consistent team.

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They also beat the snot out of atascocita in the semifinals the week before (63-21), the same team that had just beaten def Ning champ north shore.

Whereas, Desoto had several close playoff games, including a nail biter vs klein Collins.  Lake travis nis three the season as #1 and ended up that way IMO.  Really a complete and consistent team.

Listen I'm not saying they couldn't beat them, just wondering what your guys thoughts are on that.   I mean I could also say the best game you could compare between Desoto and LT is their game against Steel.   Desoto beat them by 9 in regulation.  LT beat them by 3 in OT.  

25 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Listen I'm not saying they couldn't beat them, just wondering what your guys thoughts are on that.   I mean I could also say the best game you could compare between Desoto and LT is their game against Steel.   Desoto beat them by 9 in regulation.  LT beat them by 3 in OT.  

It was lake Travis overcoming early injuries in the season for starters.  When lake Travis beat Steele, they did it with their backup QB and few starters on their DL out.

Once they got everyone back healthy they rolled through the competition.

they didn't play any teams early in the season and at the end to compare improvement, but there are some indicators.

katy 50-49 over Klein collins

desoto 42-31 over Klein Collins

north shore 20-17 over katy

atascocita 33-27 over north shore.

what these games show me is parity between these teams. (All of these were playoff games except Katy vs Klein Collins)  No game decided by more than eleven points. North shore and Desoto would have been a good game.

Then you have lake Travis beating the snot out of Atascocita 63-21.  the same parity exists between Allen, woodlands and desoto with common opponents.  I'll show that later

• Like 1

I think Desoto had a ton of talent but underperformed and never played to their potential all season.  As such, I don't think they beat lake Travis and I'm not confident they would have beaten Allen nor woodlands.  I think north shore and Katy would have given them a good game similar to what they saw with Klein collins and abilene (who should have beaten them in round 3) in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I think Desoto had a ton of talent but underperformed and never played to their potential all season.  As such, I don't think they beat lake Travis and I'm not confident they would have beaten Allen nor woodlands.  I think north shore and Katy would have given them a good game similar to what they saw with Klein collins and abilene (who should have beaten them in round 3) in the playoffs.

Question at hand though is would Desoto beat Cedar Hill 

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Curious as to why you think that? I mean they had an awesome game against Woodlands, but...hard to say they'd definitively beat Cedar Hill or Desoto based on just that.

They would have wrecked Cedar Hill. Desoto would have been a good game, I watched them against Steele in the SC game. But I can tell you right now LT would have won that game. 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

It was lake Travis overcoming early injuries in the season for starters.  When lake Travis beat Steele, they did it with their backup QB and few starters on their DL out.

Once they got everyone back healthy they rolled through the competition.

they didn't play any teams early in the season and at the end to compare improvement, but there are some indicators.

katy 50-49 over Klein collins

desoto 42-31 over Klein Collins

north shore 20-17 over katy

atascocita 33-27 over north shore.

what these games show me is parity between these teams. (All of these were playoff games except Katy vs Klein Collins)  No game decided by more than eleven points. North shore and Desoto would have been a good game.

Then you have lake Travis beating the snot out of Atascocita 63-21.  the same parity exists between Allen, woodlands and desoto with common opponents.  I'll show that later

Atascocita was lucky LT wasn't playing angry. That game would have been really ugly. 

35 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Question at hand though is would Desoto beat Cedar Hill 

Yes, they did it twice last year and won each game by 14-15 pts.   In some of these matchups, the games actually happened.

cedar hill barely beat guyer (2 pts)  and duncanville (4 pts)two teams that were whipped in similar fashion by Allen. (35 and 19.pts)  and Desoto (34 and 24 pts) Even in common opponents, cedar hill didn't match up.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

They would have wrecked Cedar Hill. Desoto would have been a good game, I watched them against Steele in the SC game. But I can tell you right now LT would have won that game. 

LT would have beaten Cedar hill 45-24.  The difference would have been Lt DL vs Chill OL and Avery Davis would have been running around for his life.