National tourament bracket

Columbiafan

9 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

I wouldn't say that. If anything that applies more to Colerain. 

I actually think Colerain was the best team in Ohio last year. Even though St X won it all I firmly believe #1-7 in OH were all within a touchdown of eachother and could beat one another on any given day. St X just happened to be the team that got all the breaks in the playoffs. OH was definitely the hardest state for me to rank last year. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

True, but did they beat anyone at the same level of Wayne OH?  Just saying P Central lost by 2 in the OH D1 state championship.  

Actually, they lost in the semi-finals, but most of the games from the quarter-finals on were decided by 10 points or less. All the games could've gone either way. OH was very competitive in the D1 bracket. 

Im not saying Wood would throttle Pick Central, just that would beat them at year's end. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Actually, they lost in the semi-finals, but most of the games from the quarter-finals on were decided by 10 points or less. All the games could've gone either way. OH was very competitive in the D1 bracket. 

Im not saying Wood would throttle Pick Central, just that would beat them at year's end. 

Omaha, I rewatched portions of the Wood/st. Joes game, as I previously only saw late 2nd half.  Ehh, I could see AW beating PC.   They were a bit better than I originally remembered and were in that game longer than I thought.

I will say that their schedule and results might make it look like they finished strong, but at the same time I tend to be critical of teams who play their best opponents early and finish strong (on weaker opponents).    Very much like I gave DLS shit for "finishing strong" the years they lost to STA and ET.   Those cases tend to be tough to verify for both sides of the argument.  

26 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I actually think Colerain was the best team in Ohio last year. Even though St X won it all I firmly believe #1-7 in OH were all within a touchdown of eachother and could beat one another on any given day .  OH was definitely the hardest state for me to rank last year. 

I agree 100% with this.   From the few games that I saw, I was most Impressed with Wayne, Colerain, and St. iggie.   I tend to favor teams with the more athletic qualities.  IE what a team is capable of on their "good" days.

And you couldn't be anymore right on OH being the most impossible state to predict.   It's one of those cases where if someone had a perfect bracket predicted you'd still doubt their logic lol.  (Like the NCAA tourney brackets haha)

• Like 2

Another thing I'd like to add on Indiana teams.  I'd really like to see them broaden their slate of OOS games and get rid of that limited radius of scheduling.   It would give them a better chance to see what they are made of.    Nobody gave the BNU, Dematha/DMV teams, Bingham,  any credit whatsoever until they got out and proved themselves.  

Those teams elevated their national respect, while teams like the Washington, Virginia, and to an extent PA teams have not.  St. Joes was the first PA team I've taken seriously in a long while.  

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

Very much like I gave DLS shit for "finishing strong" the years they lost to STA and ET.   Those cases tend to be tough to verify for both sides of the argument.  

Except DLS has won a lot of those Open Division state titles against very high quality Southern Section teams. I know, SJB spanked them this year. I have a feeling DLS will be back sooner than people think. 

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

Another thing I'd like to add on Indiana teams.  I'd really like to see them broaden their slate of OOS games and get rid of that limited radius of scheduling.   It would give them a better chance to see what they are made of.    Nobody gave the BNU, Dematha/DMV teams, Bingham,  any credit whatsoever until they got out and proved themselves.  

Those teams elevated their national respect, while teams like the Washington, Virginia, and to an extent PA teams have not.  St. Joes was the first PA team I've taken seriously in a long while.  

Couldn't agree more! The big 4 Indianapolis teams can play with most anyone on a given day. This year SJP(PA) was the real deal. They were deserving of a top 15 national ranking. I thought Pitt CC was going to be a contender, but St. John's,DC whipped them early in the year and SJP took them behind the woodshed at year's end. 

1 seed Dematha over 32 seed Ben Davis 
2 seed St Joseph Prep over 31 seed Bellows Falls 
3 seed Cass Tech over 30 seed Brunswick 
4 seed st Xavier over 29 seed Bedford 
5 seed Colerain over 28 seed Bishop Hendricken 
6 seed Center Grove over 27 seed Troy 
7 seed St Ignatius over 26 seed Smyrna 
8 seed Trinity over 25 seed Everett 
9 seed Warner Central over 24 seed Martinsburg 
10 seed St John's over 23 seed bowling Green 
11 seed Wayne over 22 seed Darien
12 seed Paramus Catholic over 21 seed Don Bosco Prep 
13 seed St Joseph regional over 20 seed Highland Springs
14 seed Carmel over 19 seed St Peters Prep 
18 seed Archbishop Wood over 15 seed Pilkington Central 
17 seed St Francis Academy over 16 seed Central Catholic Pitt

Round 1 results 

Round 2 

1 seed Dematha vs 18 seed Archbishop Wood 

2 seed St Joseph Prep vs 17 seed St Francis Academy 

3 seed Cass Tech vs 14 seed Carmel

4 seed St Xavier vs 13 seed St Joseph Regional 

5 seed Colerain vs 12 seed Paramus Catholic 

6 seed Center Grove vs 11 seed Wayne 

7 seed St Ignatius vs 10 seed St John's 

8 seed Trinity vs Warner Central 

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

Gonna finish off with 

St. Joes Regional NJ

Wayne OH  

Paramus Catholic NJ     This one was very hard.   Went with Paramus because they were hella strong on the Dline.  

Trinity Ky

All of these were tough picks.  Could easily go 0-4 if this were a pickem.

That's a good thing 

If all the games came easy everyone would be bored quickly but when games are too close to call its when we start to have fun ? 

Ok I'm closing polls early

1 seed Dematha over 18 seed Archbishop Wood 

2 seed St Joseph Prep over 17 seed St Francis Academy 

3 seed Cass Tech over 14 seed Carmel

13 seed St Joseph Regional over 4 seed St Xavier 

5 seed Colerain over 12 seed Paramus Catholic 

11 seed Wayne over 6 seed Center Grove 

10 seed St John's over 7 seed St Ignatius 

8 seed Trinity over 9 seed Warner Central