You heard it here first SJR vs SFA Home and Home

imaGoodBoyNow

35 minutes ago, RM7 said:

Oh really,  Poggi must have been reading this and told you to pump up the rhetoric our send his money back. What an asshat. 

When the Sun laid off Kathy Dunn someone had to fill the void.

Also, the MIAA doesn't give a rats ass what the tiny percentage of the population who follows national high school football AND like what SFA/IMG are doing thinks. We have our league back. We have our playoffs and championship back, without SFA. Just because we all don't aspire to be Knockoff IMG makes us weak and mediocre, huh? I guess we're in pretty good company with the 99% of other high schools who also would have rebelled if SFA was forced into their league and treated as an equal.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

When the Sun laid off Kathy Dunn someone had to fill the void.

Also, the MIAA doesn't give a rats ass what the tiny percentage of the population who follows national high school football AND like what SFA/IMG are doing thinks. We have our league back. We have our playoffs and championship back, without SFA. Just because we all don't aspire to be Knockoff IMG makes us weak and mediocre, huh? I guess we're in pretty good company with the 99% of other high schools who also would have rebelled if SFA was forced into their league and treated as an equal.

No doubt, by the way didn’t have Gilman have something like 15+ D1 kids off that team in 15.  Think the whole OL was power 5.  

On 4/20/2019 at 7:19 PM, Mjd33 said:

Ed’s was loaded in 15. Ed’s lost to sjr  but They beat a legit BC squad at home (but if not for a bogus holding call Guaratano scores on a 50 yard+ td run to go up two scores... Bergen  wins that game imo) 

But losing to Ed’s in 15 nothing to be ashamed about they finished top 10 nationally w only one loss and were D1 Ohio state champs. 

Gilman in the Straight Cash Poggi Era (2009-2015; when they really ramped up recruiting in earnest):

- 4 Top 51 Rankings (2010-2012; 2015)

Non-Conference:

- 19 wins, 11 losses

- Record versus lower ranked teams: 18-0

- Record versus higher ranked teams:  1-11

- Record versus Top 100 teams: 2-11

- Record versus teams outside the Top 100: 17-0

Conference:

- 34 wins, 4 losses

- Record versus lower ranked teams: 34-3

- Record versus higher ranked teams: 0-1

- Record versus Top 100 teams: N/A

- Record versus teams outside the Top 100: 34-4

Add in the staff's record since moving to Saint Frances of Biff Poggi Academy for Thine Poor Orphaned Homeless Street Urchins Who Also Happen to Be 6'6, 340 Pound Stud Football Players Coincidentally (2016-2018):

- 3 Top 5 Rankings (2017-19), 1 Top 80 Ranking (2016)

- 44 wins, 3 losses

- Record versus lower ranked teams: 44-0

- Record versus higher ranked teams: 0-3

- Record versus Top 100 teams: 4-3 (0-2 versus top 15 teams when they were ranked top 10 or higher)

- Record versus teams outside the top 100: 40-0

So yeah, they can beat up on the weak sisters but when someone punches at their weight or higher their deficiencies show up big time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglesinsider said:

Gilman in the Straight Cash Poggi Era (2009-2015; when they really ramped up recruiting in earnest):

- 4 Top 51 Rankings (2010-2012; 2015)

Non-Conference:

- 19 wins, 11 losses

- Record versus lower ranked teams: 18-0

- Record versus higher ranked teams:  1-11

- Record versus Top 100 teams: 2-11

- Record versus teams outside the Top 100: 17-0

Conference:

- 34 wins, 4 losses

- Record versus lower ranked teams: 34-3

- Record versus higher ranked teams: 0-1

- Record versus Top 100 teams: N/A

- Record versus teams outside the Top 100: 34-4

Add in the staff's record since moving to Saint Frances of Biff Poggi Academy for Thine Poor Orphaned Homeless Street Urchins Who Also Happen to Be 6'6, 340 Pound Stud Football Players Coincidentally (2016-2018):

- 2 Top 5 Rankings (2017-18), 1 Top 80 Ranking (2016)

- 33 wins, 2 losses

- Record versus lower ranked teams: 33-0

- Record versus higher ranked teams: 0-2

- Record versus Top 100 teams: 2-2 (0-1 versus top 15 teams when they were ranked top 10 or higher)

- Record versus teams outside the top 100: 29-0

So yeah, they can beat up on the weak sisters but when someone punches at their weight or higher their deficiencies show up big time. 

Deficiencies = Poggi an coaching staff 

On 4/19/2019 at 11:17 AM, AztecPadre said:

Great point.  I would say it should be where they end, because that is who they were.  As opposed to who we thought they were.  Channeling my inner:

Image result for they are who we thought they were gif

But at the time of the game they ARE who everybody thinks they are.

To me that’s the pertinent ranking.

Too many things can happen as the season progresses to realistically say a team in the middle of September is the same team at the end of November.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 2:48 PM, RM7 said:

Terrible coaching at SFA is the great equlizer for good teams against SFA. 

Says the guy that gave up 58 pts to a depleted Good Counsel team. Why did you keep SFA on your brain...let it go?Focus on beating Spalding...you have the most talented team in area after SFA. Go undefeated...or it will be from deficient coaching...good luck.

1 hour ago, Popzilla said:

Says the guy that gave up 58 pts to a depleted Good Counsel team. Why did you keep SFA on your brain...let it go?Focus on beating Spalding...you have the most talented team in area after SFA. Go undefeated...or it will be from deficient coaching...good luck.

Hey, it's Biff's official mouthpiece. Took you long enough. His wife late making payroll this week?

11 hours ago, Wosinc said:

But at the time of the game they ARE who everybody thinks they are.

To me that’s the pertinent ranking.

Too many things can happen as the season progresses to realistically say a team in the middle of September is the same team at the end of November.

This is sorta how I feel it oughta be.

It's kind of like the egg/chicken-chicken/egg question. It could be the pollsters have it wrong at the time of, but, we have to go by something. 

I think talking about a game in the present tense certainly must involve the present ranking, but, then, as the season wraps up, the rankings have changed, and that is then a new fact in the debate.

It gets squirrelly when we shift which tense of fact we use depending on our agendas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Popzilla said:

Well I'm not sure how I gave up 58pts or will beat Spalding, but I am affiliated with the MIAA so you're getting warm.  I do know Rich so I'll pass along the info to him.   

13 hours ago, Popzilla said:

Actually glad you chimed in, what is Biff doing with Bacuia now that his protector left?

1 hour ago, Oldballcoach said:

Also St Joe doesn’t have the most talent. They have 3 kids with offers that’s it. Same as CH, McD & Spalding. MIAA competition is going to be real tight this year. 

St. Joe's has 16 kids with D1 offers and expect 3 more to get offers before game 1

6 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

St. Joe's has 16 kids with D1 offers and expect 3 more to get offers before game 1

Sorry should have clarified St Joe of Baltimore. Previous post said they were the next most talented team in Md after SFA just making a point that is 100% not accurate they don’t even have the most offers in their own league

• Haha 1