You heard it here first SJR vs SFA Home and Home

imaGoodBoyNow

4 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Everyone in the MIAA forfeited the league games. Long story and I understand both sides. Not worth it to get into again. Technically they were MIAA champs the last two seasons. I don’t believe they are in the league for 2019. 

SFA is built like a top 10 nationally elite team, but they have not beat or even played anyone in that class. I’m very interested to see them play this schedule for 2019. I believe they will end Top 5, pushing for the MNC. 

Red Lion has nothing to do with SFA. SFA is the old Gilman/DeMatha staffs. Totally different situations and kids. SFA does have a bunch of players from up and down the east coast who board. Not exactly an IMG situation, but still they pull nationally. 

Agreed, SFA has not played anyone worth mentioning these last two years.  Yes, they have a lot of transfers from kids jumping ship from other programs in the DMV, but it will be interesting to see how they handle teams like MD early in the season. 

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

We lost to AHP so I’m hesitant to call JSerra a win.. all comes down to how Disciplined are team is

not for nothing...but if Auggie was coaching ...we would have won going away vs AHP.....the only real concern quite frankly for all the New Jersey teams for OOS games is the new state rule on contact.  It is so limited it is dangerous...think its no more than  15 minutes per week hitting...that means all the BNU teams have to schedule more scrimmages to make up for limited hitting which in itself is even more dangerous.....NJSSIA have their head up their asses 

https://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriver/njsiaa-football-rule-puts-historic-limit-contact-practice

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, WCACFan said:

Agreed, SFA has not played anyone worth mentioning these last two years.  Yes, they have a lot of transfers from kids jumping ship from other programs in the DMV, but it will be interesting to see how they handle teams like MD early in the season. 

have they published their full schedule ? 

3 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

not for nothing...but if Auggie was coaching ...we would have won going away vs AHP.....the only real concern quite frankly for all the New Jersey teams for OOS games is the new state rule on contact.  It is so limited it is dangerous...think its no more than  15 minutes per week hitting...that means all the BNU teams have to schedule more scrimmages to make up for limited hitting which in itself is even more dangerous.....NJSSIA have their head up their asses 

https://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriver/njsiaa-football-rule-puts-historic-limit-contact-practice

15 minutes per week???!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

15 minutes per week???!!!!!!

read the article as our HC Auggie is quoted in the article....its taking players to the ground in tackling,,,not thudding or hitting without going down,,,,,also its 6 total hours of hitting in the preseason including scrimmages....so stupid 

24 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

1- 3 ????  will give SFA is tough....SJR will beat Jserra, blow out Cardinal Hayes and smash Depaul....3-1 or 4-0.....I am always an optimist #Hogmollieswintheday

I was thinking St Frances was before DePaul so I stand corrected. I should have said they could easily start 2-3 because they will obviously beat DePaul and Cardinal Hayes.

I wouldn’t overlook JSerra. SJR will have the higher preseason ranking but JSerra will be good next year. DeMatha and St Frances would probably be favored to beat SJR. 

15 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I was thinking St Frances was before DePaul so I stand corrected. I should have said they could easily start 2-3 because they will obviously beat DePaul and Cardinal Hayes.

I wouldn’t overlook JSerra. SJR will have the higher preseason ranking but JSerra will be good next year. DeMatha and St Frances would probably be favored to beat SJR. 

no ones overlooking Jserra....to start....will be a tough game no doubt.....like  our chances even with the long haul west....

57 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

read the article as our HC Auggie is quoted in the article....its taking players to the ground in tackling,,,not thudding or hitting without going down,,,,,also its 6 total hours of hitting in the preseason including scrimmages....so stupid 

That's ridiculous.  Kids will get injured.

7 hours ago, SJR89 said:

1- 3 ????  will give SFA is tough....SJR will beat Jserra, blow out Cardinal Hayes and smash Depaul....3-1 or 4-0.....I am always an optimist #Hogmollieswintheday

If SJR plays anywhere close how they played Serra(Gardena) a few years back,  JSerra will win running away.

3 minutes ago, old_e said:

If SJR plays anywhere close how they played Serra(Gardena) a few years back,  JSerra will win running away.

I'm sure Jserra is a lot better than Gardena, but don't discount SJR being a lot better (personnel) than the SJR that played Gardena as well. Both of these ball clubs are most likely better than the two teams preceded them.

11 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

I'm sure Jserra is a lot better than Gardena, but don't discount SJR being a lot better (personnel) than the SJR that played Gardena as well. Both of these ball clubs are most likely better than the two teams preceded them.

Believe me. I expect a hard fought game down to the wire. 

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Bingham was Top 10 in America when SFA played them in 2017. Can't blame them for the MIAA boycott last season. Their 2019 schedule will offer the oppty to prove their worth nationally. 

Bingham sucked they weren’t even a top 100 team

So... I get the feeling that we need to set a standard here. 

Is it where they're ranked... entering anything... or is it where they finish? 

This has been a primary point of contention for me through the years as we argue about SOS and the like. 

Where they are when scheduled?

Where they finish the season? 

Can we set a standard about this just to keep the message board fodder on a level for most of the time?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Known SFA schedule so far

*9/7  @Maryland Freedom ( terrible home school team Harford County MD)

9/20 Norland (FL)

9/28  @SJR (NJ)

10/4 @Venice (FL)

10/19 Life Christian Academy (VA)

* might be a B team game. I know they are trying to have an A and B varsity team this year and no JV. After what they pulled at MIAA JV last year no JV team in MD will play them anyway

Very right about the JV their own fault again. 

Varsity thought their schedule was set? 

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So... I get the feeling that we need to set a standard here. 

Is it where they're ranked... entering anything... or is it where they finish? 

This has been a primary point of contention for me through the years as we argue about SOS and the like. 

Where they are when scheduled?

Where they finish the season? 

Can we set a standard about this just to keep the message board fodder on a level for most of the time?

Great point.  I would say it should be where they end, because that is who they were.  As opposed to who we thought they were.  Channeling my inner:

Image result for they are who we thought they were gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

Known SFA schedule so far

*9/7  @Maryland Freedom ( terrible home school team Harford County MD)

9/20 Norland (FL)

9/28  @SJR (NJ)

10/4 @Venice (FL)

10/19 Life Christian Academy (VA)

* might be a B team game. I know they are trying to have an A and B varsity team this year and no JV. After what they pulled at MIAA JV last year no JV team in MD will play them anyway

What did they pull?

Just now, CODBEARD said:

They gamed it by playing varsity players in JV games. Once it was found out Calvert Hall refused to play them in the MIAA JV championship game.  They only had 4 JV games no one else would schedule them

No way.  If they really played Varsity kats on JV, then that's jacked up.  Even if they were freshman or sophomores that were on varsity.  Only possible way I could see that being ok, is if the freshman and sophomores on varsity that played with the JV's, were kids who played little if any minutes on varsity.  Then I would see it being ok as I have seen that done many times to give those kids some actual game action.  

6 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

some were Juniors and Seniors and its on tape.. There were accusations they were doing it in previous years as well.. They are what they are a win at all cost program but hey as long as your saving kids from the Baltimore City its ok.. rules don't apply lol

In that case, it's hella jacked up.  Not cool.  Not to mention dangerous for the real JV players from other teams.