Article on the new Buford High School

BUFORDGAWOLVES

Hell... Norcross makes it hard to believe that there's trailers in Norcross... 

Gwinnett is just growing and Improving faster than any other county in the state... 

Hell I'd dare say in the nation... 

Paulding,Cobb, Fayette and Henry are gonna be next... 

They're also doing the same thing... Just not as fast... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Buford and Suwanee make it hard to believe that there's trailers in Norcross...

The Powers that be at Buford have mandated "no trailers" for students.

I was told by someone "in the know" that the new building concept implemented at Buford High... new classrooms can be added on to support any growth.

Hell the "old" high school was nice, but I can see how it outlived it's purpose.

Regards,

BGW

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

The Powers that be at Buford have mandated "no trailers" for students.

I was told by someone "in the know" that the new building concept implemented at Buford High... new classrooms can be added on to support any growth.

Hell the "old" high school was nice, but I can see how it outlived it's purpose.

Regards,

BGW

Y'all have outdone yourselves... 

Wish Savannah would take notes... 

Those Old folks in Bloomingdale got the right idea with New Hampstead... 

It's a nice looking HS... 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

This is why I have always said, that if I had to be forced to live in ga, it would no doubt be in Buford.

Because you haven't been anywhere else don't get me wrong Buford is easily one of the best cities in GA... 

But I'm not ready to give it THE best... 

There's 4 more cities giving it a fight... And 2 of them are in Gwinnett. 

Suwanee and Duluth. But if we're talking athletics then yea Buford hands down... 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2019 at 11:48 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Hell... Norcross makes it hard to believe that there's trailers in Norcross... 

Gwinnett is just growing and Improving faster than any other county in the state... 

Hell I'd dare say in the nation... 

Paulding,Cobb, Fayette and Henry are gonna be next... 

They're also doing the same thing... Just not as fast... 

When I left Marietta in 2006 I was working as a contractor for Excaliber drilling and Ahlberg Engineering.  the last project we were working on was at the south end of RT 400 and remember hearing someone say there are nearly 600 people moving into the Gwinnet Co every week.  I also remember seeing a few job sheets w/ future projects on it and it was pretty sad actually to see all the new development going on.  I'm surprised Cobb Co has not exploded yet as well. 

On 4/17/2019 at 11:02 AM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Nice!  Is the football field across the street from the athletics building or on side of PA building???  Or are you all still using the old stadium?  I guess I should have asked how close the new school is to the old one. 

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

When I left Marietta in 2006 I was working as a contractor for Excaliber drilling and Ahlberg Engineering.  the last project we were working on was at the south end of RT 400 and remember hearing someone say there are nearly 600 people moving into the Gwinnet Co every week.  I also remember seeing a few job sheets w/ future projects on it and it was pretty sad actually to see all the new development going on.  I'm surprised Cobb Co has not exploded yet as well. 

Powder Springs is.... Big time...

4 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Nice!  Is the football field across the street from the athletics building or on side of PA building???  Or are you all still using the old stadium?  I guess I should have asked how close the new school is to the old one. 

Old stadium for now, it's a jog and a leap... cattycorner around the way....

BGW

4 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Forsyth Co is growing at a faster rate now and might even be a touch ahead in the real numbers but Gwinnett is still growing a lot when you look at the real number and not the percentage.  We are projected to go over a million in population in the next 5 years.  We are a little over 900,000 now.  We've got around 8.5% of the state's population but around 11% of the K-12 students in the state.

8 minutes ago, Fred said:

Forsyth Co is growing at a faster rate now and might even be a touch ahead in the real numbers but Gwinnett is still growing a lot when you look at the real number and not the percentage.  We are projected to go over a million in population in the next 5 years.  We are a little over 900,000 now.  We've got around 8.5% of the state's population but around 11% of the K-12 students in the state.

Some of the Fastest growing counties in the nation are in GA: right now the biggest booming counties are: 

Gwinnett

Forsyth 

Paulding

Cobb

Henry 

Fayette 

Houston

Lowndes

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Eventually Warner Robins is gonna surpass Macon... 

I give it 4-8 years... 

Warner Robins is a great area... 

Macon is in the toilet. No matter how hard they try, it will never be revived.

It's just a more populated version of Albany. Both have become depressing shit holes.