Judge tosses video in Kraft case

Bormio

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

.... pretty much gutting the prosecution.  Some judge likely got sweet SB tickets this year.

I saw this thing and thought sure enough money buys you everything. Especially in our legal system. 

I was reading part of the ruling and it basically filtered down to a claim that the police didn't do enough to protect the privacy of patrons of the establishment. 

If this wasn't Robert Kraft, and it was just some truck driver from Boaz Alabama, he would be hanging by his happy ending. 

It's not the truck driver from Boaz though, so, it's gonna be a happy ending for the second time for Robert.  

I say we all deserve a happy ending. Not  just the rich fools like Kraft.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I saw this thing and thought sure enough money buys you everything. Especially in our legal system. 

I was reading part of the ruling and it basically filtered down to a claim that the police didn't do enough to protect the privacy of patrons of the establishment. 

If this wasn't Robert Kraft, and it was just some truck driver from Boaz Alabama, he would be hanging by his happy ending. 

It's not the truck driver from Boaz though, so, it's gonna be a happy ending for the second time for Robert.  

I say we all deserve a happy ending. Not  just the rich fools like Kraft.

If this was you or me we'd be under the jail... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bormio said:

How many johns go to jail for prostitution- seriously?????

There has been a worldwide push to lock up the johns. It's more about human trafficking than the actual act of paying for sex though. 

http://time.com/sex-buyers-why-cops-across-the-u-s-target-men-who-buy-prostitutes/

A guy with money pays a fine. A guy that scraped up his last 40 bucks for a hand job gets probation or days in jail until the fine is satisfied. 

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

How many johns go to jail for prostitution- seriously?????

Valid point... 

Hell at this point it may as well be legal everywhere... 

Again goes to the fact that the government can't tax everything and they want to oh so badly... 

So it'll remain a crime that no one will really be punished for... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There has been a worldwide push to lock up the johns. It's more about human trafficking than the actual act of paying for sex though. 

http://time.com/sex-buyers-why-cops-across-the-u-s-target-men-who-buy-prostitutes/

A guy with money pays a fine. A guy that scraped up his last 40 bucks for a hand job gets probation or days in jail until the fine is satisfied. 

The whole human trafficking angle in Florida turned out to be a steaming pile of bull.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bormio said:

The whole human trafficking angle in Florida turned out to be a steaming pile of bull.

Still doesn't change the fact that Kraft has enough money to hire a team of attorneys to get him off a couple of misdemeanor charges. 

He probably spent in excess of 10k already in order to avoid 2500 in fines. 

Average joe gets saddled with the misdemeanor and fines. 

If the police investigation was improper, it's good they got caught at it being done wrong. They would have simply railroaded average folks though. 

Kraft has a ton to lose due to NFL policies and all so it was worth it for him to spend a million in attorney fees if he had to. 

Average cat looks at the case and says, eh, 2500 in fines or 2500+ to a lawyer and still possibly be found guilty. 

Stupid legal system. Just another proof of how crappy it is. It isn't balanced at all. The scales are tilted for the rich, just like every other thing. 

I'm currently waiting on the rich and powerful one's sentences for the college admissions scandal. Almost guarantee it won't be more than a slap on the wrist.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You haven’t lived until you scraped up the last $40 you had for a handjob from a chick who has a cock bigger than yours 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Still doesn't change the fact that Kraft has enough money to hire a team of attorneys to get him off a couple of misdemeanor charges. 

If the police investigation was improper, it's good they got caught at it being done wrong. They would have simply railroaded average folks though. 

Kraft has a ton to lose due to NFL policies and all so it was worth it for him to spend a million in attorney fees if he had to. 

Average cat looks at the case and says, eh, 2500 in fines or 2500+ to a lawyer and still possibly be found guilty. 

Stupid legal system. Just another proof of how crappy it is. It isn't balanced at all. The scales are tilted for the rich, just like every other thing. 

I'm currently waiting on the rich and powerful one's sentences for the college admissions scandal. Almost guarantee it won't be more than a slap on the wrist.

Worked my ass off to get accepted into a college... 

Yet... 

Some people can buy their way in... 

I'm not surprised or even hurt to be real with you... 

But I do feel something... 

Regardless they'll get off easy... 

$$$$$$$ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Worked my ass off to get accepted into a college... 

Yet... 

Some people can buy their way in... 

I'm not surprised or even hurt to be real with you... 

But I do feel something... 

Regardless they'll get off easy... 

$$$$$$$ 

Yessir. Justice is neither blind nor balanced.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:36 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Kraft should be thrown in jail just for being so stupid as to go to a public jack shack, and not be on some Boston Whaler getting a Cincinnati Steamer by some chicks that don’t speak Anglish!!!!

Come on man, you never had a happy ending? 

Freakin' ridiculous laws we have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

with no priors, why should it be? 

Because the punishment should fit the crime. 

How about you go and work on quantifying how many less fortunate young people have been screwed over by this type activity. 

Then let's figure out how many less fortunate ones have examples made of them by the same legal system. 

I know you can't, but, just so you can follow my thought process. 

Perhaps you're willing to forgive them because they have fame and fortune. Idk. I'm not. I figure make an example of this group and the next group hides it better thinks twice. 

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

How about you go and work on quantifying how many less fortunate young people have been screwed over by this type activity. 

effectively, none

the % would be too small to calculate

Perhaps you're willing to forgive them because they have fame and fortune. Idk. I'm not.

I am just as inclined s you to be biased against the wealthy. 

I figure make an example of this group and the next group hides it better thinks twice. 

I can't get bent out of shape over this when I have deer launching themselves at my car in acts of cowardice aggression. Let's get serious about deer! 

Because the punishment should fit the crime. 

I don't think in terms of punishment. I think in terms of improving society. Just what do you consider an appropriate response? 

Parchman Farm? 

Then let's figure out how many less fortunate ones have examples made of them by the same legal system. 

two wrongs make a right? Not in my book. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

effectively, none

the % would be too small to calculate

I am just as inclined s you to be biased against the wealthy. 

I can't get bent out of shape over this when I have deer launching themselves at my car in acts of cowardice aggression. Let's get serious about deer! 

I don't think in terms of punishment. I think in terms of improving society. Just what do you consider an appropriate response? 

Parchman Farm? 

two wrongs make a right? Not in my book. 

Well, I think basically you and I have a similar view. I also think we can agree that society needs it's pound of flesh.

If we flipped this and it was Felicity that got defrauded by some young "thug", well, examples would be made. Can't have the rich and famous being defrauded now can we?

This society won't be improved by a legal system such as we have. Period. 

On 5/14/2019 at 4:26 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

One of them I believe felicity is looking at 4 months if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

One of them I believe felicity is looking at 4 months if I remember correctly. 

Does that fit the crime though? 

I honestly don't believe she'll ever see the inside of a cell, and if she does, it won't be LA county or where ever. That's beside the point though. 

Just because the victim in this crime doesn't have a face that we can look at specifically doesn't mean this is a victimless crime. Right? 

I mean, who's to say that the kid that missed the spot at that college because she or any of the others cheated their way in with money and influence, who ever that kid is, that this wouldn't have been a generational change for them and all of their offspring and family in the future? 

See, we can't say that. We don't know it. It could be true though. That spot meant nothing but bragging rights for the cheaters, but, it could have meant trajectory change for numerous other applicants. How do we quantify that? 

I can only hope the judge that hears the case views it in such a manner. I don't believe they will. They never do. It seems like it's only if some poor soul is defrauding Felicity would it be looked at as some horrific crime.

I'd prefer that Felicity go to real jail for about 7-10 days, then whatever amount she paid to cheat get multiplied times 5 and then given to some underpriviledged kids via a lottery or something to pay for their college education. 

Real jail. Not some bullshit where she gets stuck off by herself in some country club thing with a constant guard. Throw her ass in where the kid that she stole their spot at college would end up if they defrauded her. 

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Does that fit the crime though? 

I honestly don't believe she'll ever see the inside of a cell, and if she does, it won't be LA county or where ever. That's beside the point though. 

Just because the victim in this crime doesn't have a face that we can look at specifically doesn't mean this is a victimless crime. Right? 

I mean, who's to say that the kid that missed the spot at that college because she or any of the others cheated their way in with money and influence, who ever that kid is, that this wouldn't have been a generational change for them and all of their offspring and family in the future? 

See, we can't say that. We don't know it. It could be true though. That spot meant nothing but bragging rights for the cheaters, but, it could have meant trajectory change for numerous other applicants. How do we quantify that? 

I can only hope the judge that hears the case views it in such a manner. I don't believe they will. They never do. It seems like it's only if some poor soul is defrauding Felicity would it be looked at as some horrific crime.

I'd prefer that Felicity go to real jail for about 7-10 days, then whatever amount she paid to cheat get multiplied times 5 and then given to some underpriviledged kids via a lottery or something to pay for their college education. 

Real jail. Not some bullshit where she gets stuck off by herself in some country club thing with a constant guard. Throw her ass in where the kid that she stole their spot at college would end up if they defrauded her. 

No the sentence doesnt fit the crime if you ask me. These families circumvented the admission process and not took seats but took coveted scholarships away from REAL athletes who sacrificed friends family events etc for the craft. For the Chinese family who made millions to get their kid into yale they should also get a severe penalty. Also the colleges should be fined heavily and the admission people should be fired. You have to send a message sooner or later. You have to send a clear cut just because you have money doesnt mean your kid doesnt go through the same rigorous admission process. Oh and the crew coach who helped give the scholarship should be fired immediately if he/she hasnt been. 

• Like 1