Internet free speech ....or not?

Troll

16 minutes ago, concha said:

This post is one of the biggest blind-to-reality howlers I've read in awhile. 🤣

"People blindly following anything"?  "More susceptible"?   I give you the Russia hoax.

Volatility?  Younger and more tolerant?  Ever heard of Antifa? Ever see what happens with the young, tolerant left when a conservative tries to speak on a college campus?

Granted I never said the left didn't have any volatility... 

how often do we hear about Antifa?

And the answer to your question is in the question itself. 

Conservative comes to speak at a place filled with Young Tolerant Liberals... 

That's a short sight on the Right. You need to know your audience. How many Conservatives are gonna rally at a college for a speech? 

When clashing ideological views meet Everyone explodes.... 

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Granted I never said the left didn't have any volatility...  Congrats?

how often do we hear about Antifa?  Lots. 

And the answer to your question is in the question itself. No. It's not.

Conservative comes to speak at a place filled with Young Tolerant Liberals...  They try to speak on college campuses, often to conservative student groups, and the leftists lose their fucking minds and do their best to deny free speech and a free exchange of ideas. Tolerant, my ass.

That's a short sight on the Right. You need to know your audience. How many Conservatives are gonna rally at a college for a speech?  Conservatives tend to be tolerant and respectful of the concept of free speech.  How is this simple truth sailing over your melon?

When clashing ideological views meet Everyone explodes....  You realize that when a conservative or someone the left doesn't want to hear goes to a college to speak, there is the option of not attending, right?  That's what conservatives tend to do if they don't want to hear someone speak. They don't go out of their way to attend the event.  Liberals, on the other hand, often make it a point to gather together to interfere with conservative speech and thus shit on our constitution.

Are you drunk or just pulling my leg with this stupid shit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Alex Jones is the biggest example of people blindly following anything.... 

People need to learn how to Check things themselves. Both the left and the right have this problem. 

Problem is the right is more subsceptible.... 

Sources like Breitbart and other far right sources feed into what the right wants to hear. 

The left has their problems too they feed into what they want to hear but the difference is they're not as volatile as the right. 

The left is younger and more tolerant and don't explode as quick as the older right does... 

I agree.  Following and believing anything Alex Jones has to say is like drinking poison that renders you stupid.  Especially when it can be so easily checked to see if it is true or not.  It completely undermines our having shared facts.  

I also agree that the left hears what they want to hear and has little patience for listening to another point of view.  However, having said that, I have not found the left just making up shit and running with it.  There have been instances where they have been wrong but usually it is corrected when facts come out...usually.  The right on the other hand can not claim this, at least as far as radio and Fox go.  IMHO

If I am ever in doubt as to what our elected believe as opposed to what they say they believe, I simply check their voting record and their budget proposals.  An example concerning Trump would be that his budget proposal contradicts most of his campaign promises.  Something I hope all Americans would do BTW.  This way I leave out the opinions and speculations of the media and come as close to the truth as I can get.  As I see the truth anyway.  Lol

12 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I agree.  Following and believing anything Alex Jones has to say is like drinking poison that renders you stupid.  Especially when it can be so easily checked to see if it is true or not.  It completely undermines our having shared facts.  

I also agree that the left hears what they want to hear and has little patience for listening to another point of view.  However, having said that, I have not found the left just making up shit and running with it.  There have been instances where they have been wrong but usually it is corrected when facts come out...usually.  The right on the other hand can not claim this, at least as far as radio and Fox go.  IMHO

If I am ever in doubt as to what our elected believe as opposed to what they say they believe, I simply check their voting record and their budget proposals.  An example concerning Trump would be that his budget proposal contradicts most of his campaign promises.  Something I hope all Americans would do BTW.  This way I leave out the opinions and speculations of the media and come as close to the truth as I can get.  As I see the truth anyway.  Lol

the left doesn't make up shit and run with it? We should ask Justice Kavanaugh what he thinks about this

Just now, World Citizen said:

What if her story is true?  Just what if.  

But it wasnt none of it. Even the first lady who made the claims came out and said so.  As have others. It was all made up and reported by the liberal media nauseam

Are you ok destroying a man's life on a what if? 

21 minutes ago, Troll said:

Pssst…. that's called running with it...

No, it's called a question.  Hence the question mark.  That will be a reminder for next time for when you jump in and assume I was talking to you.

Running with it... without substantiation .

Just thought you might like to know...🙄

If that is the case then you have been running marathons.  You have zero substantiation that it isn't true either.  All I said was "What if".  Hard to answer when you have made up your mind without substantiation.  

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

But it wasnt none of it. Even the first lady who made the claims came out and said so.  As have others. It was all made up and reported by the liberal media nauseam

Are you ok destroying a man's life on a what if? 

Didn't know there was another girl in there when this happened.  Interesting.  So is Trump innocent of all the accusations?  Especially the recent rape accusation?  Even after he bragged about doing what the women said he did?  

And I am not ok with destroying a man's life on a what if.  I am however going to expect a Supreme Court Justice to NOT have this shit in his past.  Especially when he is an unhinged emotional wreck who made shit up just to avoid looking like he was a high school drunk.  Believe me when I say that I know a few things about how guy's are in high school who drink a lot.  And his life is not and was not ruined.  Not by a long shot.

What do you suppose was the woman's motivation for coming forward?  Her 15 minutes of fame?  IMO, she probably went through hell and wished it never happened and wished she didn't have to say something.

Another question:  Do you think that the people who got molested by their priest and came forward many years later made it up?  Why did they wait so long?  Maybe the reasons are the same for that woman.  What if they are the same?  What if?

On 6/27/2019 at 9:18 PM, World Citizen said:

If that is the case then you have been running marathons.  You have zero substantiation that it isn't true either.  All I said was "What if".  Hard to answer when you have made up your mind without substantiation.  

Pssst. we have a solution for this problem....

Want to hear it??? I'll bet you do...

Ok well when you want to "run with it"...you are supposed to run with "innocent until proven guilty"...

Just thought you might like to know.🙄

Oh and BTW. I did not hear of any exceptions for when you are really, really, really hoping that someone is guilty.

On a side note, you should frame that underlined and bolded quote of yours

Now that the trash has been disposed of and back to the topic of internet and free speech...

How ugly does everyone think it would get if Twitter ever decided to censor T's tweets???

How desperate would the left look in making such a move???

smart or stupid?

Uh OH...someone  thinks that they have thought of the perfect solution...

Time to bust out the scarlet letter and make you click thru and read it every time....

Candy just Like free advertising for your side. no?

"""Instead of deleting tweets from Trump and other world leaders when they break the rules, Twitter will now add a disclaimer saying that the tweet qualified as “abusive behavior” but will remain up in the public interest. Users will have to click through the notice before they can view the tweet. """...

publicnotice.png.img.fullhd.medium_bowdp3 Twitter's new notice for tweets that violate its rules but will remain on the platform.

Twitter

Wouldn't it be funny if every time that twitter frames or censors his message or thoughts, that T would then just say screw it and activate that emergency non-opt-out-able cell phone push message ???

I mean the Left just went ape shit over that one the last time....

…..and that was just the test 😮

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Troll said:

Now that the trash has been disposed of and back to the topic of internet and free speech...

How ugly does everyone think it would get if Twitter ever decided to censor T's tweets???

How desperate would the left look in making such a move???

smart or stupid?

Uh OH...someone  thinks that they have thought of the perfect solution...

Time to bust out the scarlet letter and make you click thru and read it every time....

Candy just Like free advertising for your side. no?

"""Instead of deleting tweets from Trump and other world leaders when they break the rules, Twitter will now add a disclaimer saying that the tweet qualified as “abusive behavior” but will remain up in the public interest. Users will have to click through the notice before they can view the tweet. """...

publicnotice.png.img.fullhd.medium_bowdp3 Twitter's new notice for tweets that violate its rules but will remain on the platform.

Twitter

Wouldn't it be funny if every time that twitter frames or censors his message or thoughts, that T would then just say screw it and activate that emergency non-opt-out-able cell phone push message ???

I mean the Left just went ape shit over that one the last time....

…..and that was just the test 😮

If Trump sent those Non-Opt-Out emergency messages the entire Democratic nation would explode. 

Why doesn't the Center just make their own non partisan site? Maybe I should look into it and make one.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Troll said:

Oh and BTW...I'm gonna give a 'Gold Troll Star' to some Freshman Congressman for his performance on the subject...

is congress actually getting better? 🤣

Dan brings a bulldozer to the Google sand box. I know Google felt like first graders after he finished with them.

• Haha 1

If anyone was interested in the whole setup of Youtuber's...

and how this mass media pays for production and generates control.....

how they get paid...what the rules are...etc.

This woman explains it very well.  You can forget what she says about her own videos, but she lays the business end of it out clearly and fairly concisely...some good info on how it all works.

Just thought it was a good summary for those who have ever wondered...