They said no Georgia school in the mix.

eddiev

11 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Bro it’s July and I’m here! I need a break from y’all man 🤣 Besides I deep dive into prep and college baseball intensely. Trust me I’m all in on the gridiron the rest of 2019

Did not know you were big into prep and Coll baseball.  We should compare notes.  I follow both as well. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, badrouter said:

I'm not going to get into the specifics of any rankings right now. But, it stands to reason that a state like Georgia (or Texas) wouldn't have a top 5-10 team in the country. Fan support, investment and commitment to football programs is so great and so commonplace that no one program can leverage a monopoly on local talent. Program A may be awesome, but Program B down the road is likely excellent as well. So, instead of Program A poaching the kids from B, the talent tends to end up more evenly distributed. So, you end up with a bunch of really good teams, but none with such a concentration of talent that they can match the top handful of teams across the country. When you see schools with a huge monopoly on talent, you generally also see a whole lot of financially struggling, under supported public schools around them. So, the kids may be going from one place with poor facilities and crap coaches to another with excellent facilities and coaches. Hence the transfer is often a no-brainer.

Why wouldn’t texas have a top 5-10 team?  What you explained is not relevant to north shore and duncanville  FOR THIS SEASON, b/c both have received more transferred talent than other teams in their respective area.  That happens from time to time.  

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Why wouldn’t texas have a top 5-10 team?  What you explained is not relevant to north shore and duncanville  FOR THIS SEASON, b/c both have received more transferred talent than other teams in their respective area.  That happens from time to time.  

I didn't say they couldn't, or never have a team load up on transfers and be top 5-10 in the country. I simply explained why it may be less likely, which could be seen as ironic given the quality of programs in the states.

16 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I didn't say they couldn't, or never have a team load up on transfers and be top 5-10 in the country. I simply explained why it may be less likely, which could be seen as ironic given the quality of programs in the states.

This is season is the one I’m answering.  It is a case of them (front)loading on talent 

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

This is season is the one I’m answering.  It is a case of them (front)loading on talent 

For the coming season, almost nobody has 100% certainty on who exactly will be transferring where. Most transfers won't factor into the ratings prior to the season. In many cases, they won't factor in at all, which is obviously messed up. Of course it may well be that a school or two in those states has loaded up for the coming year. But, the exception helps to prove the rule. Consistent superpowers who almost always have a wildly disproportionate amount of talent in an area reflect neglect and mediocre conditions at the surrounding schools. Areas with lots of highly supported, well-developed programs tend to see the talent more evenly distributed. This is the much healthier way to go, but also means it is less likely any of the schools in such an area are going to keep up with schools able to stock 20+ FBS recruits each year.