DC/Maryland Guys. Gonzaga info?

181pl

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Not trying to single you out sir, but winning the very first game of the season should always come with an asterisk when it comes to national powers from other states and their rankings. I have preached this for years and you guys continue to ignore it. You simply CANNOT base an entire resume on one game (especially the very first one of the season). Come one, this isn't rocket science! 

I might've been inclined to say STA and Lakeland would've won rematches against DLS later in the season during those respective years, but I would've bet the house that SJB would've skull-dented STA in a rematch the year they played..... 

79032BE2-D8E9-4993-AFFB-E0B80E7163C8.gif

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Not trying to single you out sir, but winning the very first game of the season should always come with an asterisk when it comes to national powers from other states and their rankings. I have preached this for years and you guys continue to ignore it. You simply CANNOT base an entire resume on one game (especially the very first one of the season). Come one, this isn't rocket science! 

I might've been inclined to say STA and Lakeland would've won rematches against DLS later in the season during those respective years, but I would've bet the house that SJB would've skull-dented STA in a rematch the year they played..... 

Lakeland and STA played DLS in late September. It was at least the 3rd game of the season for all teams involved. 

So there goes that. 

And for STA/SJB. It’s Florida vs Cali. Which means advantage Florida in March, August or December my dude! 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I'm sure their knees are shaking

Gonzaga toyed with DBP in DC last season (30-0 after 3quarters and 37-7 final)...expect a similar result in NJ this year. Gonzaga doesn't schedule teams that they don't expect to be better than.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Very disappointing 

Their philosophy is stay healthy and focus on the WCAC games at the end...it worked last year (although they were 1-3 in regular season league games). Their longtime rival (over 100 years) is SJC who goes the other way and plays 5 OOS teams ranked in the Top 25 nationally...their philosophy is "Iron Sharpens Iron". Not sure which way is better but gotta respect SJC's willingness to compete.

• Like 1

Plant will put up a fight, but they probably lack the overall talent to hang with Gonzaga. Remember, Plant is a public school that is at capacity. As such, it doesn't get to have the bounty of transfers others can get (Armwood, Lakeland, etc.) that are below capacity. Still essentially a team made up from kids from its school zone (about 10 square miles) and a few transfers. Kids do move to the zone, but it is very pricey to do so.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:35 AM, Nolebull813 said:

When Aquinas beat State Champ DLS they got rolled in the playoffs by Dwyer only scoring 3 points. 

When Lakeland went and chopped down State Champ DLS, they suffered the worse home playoff loss in the history of their school. 

When Aquinas dented SJB, they lost to 3 public schools including getting dog walked 41-27 by first round loser Miramar. SJB finished as the undisputed number 2 team in Cali. Aquinas couldn’t even crack the top 10 in Florida. SJB would have been lucky to make the Florida top 25. 

Football is a different animal here. Stick to water polo, stretch 

You and I both know SJB would've molested STA had that game been played in Cali.... You forgot to mention how IMG been child abusing FL teams so bad they went over to Cali last year and got "dented".

• Like 1