DC/Maryland Guys. Gonzaga info?

181pl

They play Plant from Tampa this season. Of course Plant will travel. Plant (and Hillsborough County in general) seems to have slipped a peg in the last few years.

I see this test as maybe step below John Curtis or Cold-cut when they played those teams, but above everyone else they'll see on their schedule, except maybe for Armwood.

Just now, 181pl said:

They play Plant from Tampa this season. Of course Plant will travel. Plant (and Hillsborough County in general) seems to have slipped a peg in the last few years.

I see this test as maybe step below John Curtis or Cold-cut when they played those teams, but above everyone else they'll see on their schedule, except maybe for Armwood.

Gonzaga also plays don bosco prep

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

National Top 25 team. Entire OL is signed with P5 schools. Junior QB Caleb Williams is a top 5 QB for 2021. Will be young in spots but still talented. Depth may be an issue if injuries pile up. Reigning WCAC champion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

This ain’t the Gonzaga team Viera played a few years back. This team is gonna pile up points. Might be hard to stop a few teams though. 

Gonzaga should win big vs Plant. Plant only seems to be competitive nationally when they were winning state with studs galore. I haven’t heard much out of South Tampa to feel confident. 

They take the Cocoa approach. Anyone, anywhere no matter the roster 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

22 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Gonzagas QB Caleb Williams = future Bulldog!

Thats all I know.

Gonzaga 42, Plant 21

About right. Plant is lifetime 2-5-1 in OOS games. 

Not their thing. No biggie. Some teams are built for it and some ain’t. 

Plant doesn’t have the Jimmys and Joes to keep up with a national powerhouse. And I don’t expect them to. 

42-21 is pretty generous now that I’m thinking about it 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, 181pl said:

Fourth best team in the WCAC in the regular season then won two crazy games over teams that probably should have beaten them. Well coached and a stud QB behind a big line. Graduated most of their top skill guys. Lost a lot on defense but some young talent remains. I think they are slightly overrated nationally based on the two wins at the end of last year but still will be a good, solid team.

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This ain’t the Gonzaga team Viera played a few years back. This team is gonna pile up points. Might be hard to stop a few teams though. 

Gonzaga should win big vs Plant. Plant only seems to be competitive nationally when they were winning state with studs galore. I haven’t heard much out of South Tampa to feel confident. 

They take the Cocoa approach. Anyone, anywhere no matter the roster 

Big Powerful Fla Top school Plant losing to Gonzaga?  Wow. 

#trendingdown

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Big Powerful Fla Top school Plant losing to Gonzaga?  Wow. 

#trendingdown

If you expect neighborhood public Plant to beat the invincible ghosts of all world Gonzaga then you think more highly of Florida than the Floridians do! 

I get you were in awe Aquinas and Lakeland we’re chopping down state champs DLS, and Floridas number 12 team bullying California’s consensus number two team. 

But Plant isn’t like those teams.  The only thing they will have in common is they will get bounced out of the playoffs like those other Florida teams did 

• Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

If you expect neighborhood public Plant to beat the invincible ghosts of all world Gonzaga then you think more highly of Florida than the Floridians do! 

I get you were in awe Aquinas and Lakeland we’re chopping down state champs DLS, and Floridas number 12 team bullying California’s consensus number two team. 

But Plant isn’t like those teams.  The only thing they will have in common is they will get bounced out of the playoffs like those other Florida teams did 

We get it.  You only vouch for Fla teams after OOS games (assuming they won or at least tied in regulation).  All other Fla teams would get beat by multiple other Fla teams.

Got it.

#professionalhedgemangager

35 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

We get it.  You only vouch for Fla teams after OOS games (assuming they won or at least tied in regulation).  All other Fla teams would get beat by multiple other Fla teams.

Got it.

#professionalhedgemangager

When Aquinas beat State Champ DLS they got rolled in the playoffs by Dwyer only scoring 3 points. 

When Lakeland went and chopped down State Champ DLS, they suffered the worse home playoff loss in the history of their school. 

When Aquinas dented SJB, they lost to 3 public schools including getting dog walked 41-27 by first round loser Miramar. SJB finished as the undisputed number 2 team in Cali. Aquinas couldn’t even crack the top 10 in Florida. SJB would have been lucky to make the Florida top 25. 

Football is a different animal here. Stick to water polo, stretch 

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

To name a couple others........Cen10 scored 7 touchdowns on IMG,  Mission Viejo beat Bosco, but yeah whatever.

Cen 10 scored 7 touchdowns in a loss. Lol. Not the sign of a good team. Swiss cheese is more like it.

Cali doesn’t have the chest to beat the powers in Florida 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

When Aquinas beat State Champ DLS they got rolled in the playoffs by Dwyer only scoring 3 points. 

When Lakeland went and chopped down State Champ DLS, they suffered the worse home playoff loss in the history of their school. 

When Aquinas dented SJB, they lost to 3 public schools including getting dog walked 41-27 by first round loser Miramar. SJB finished as the undisputed number 2 team in Cali. Aquinas couldn’t even crack the top 10 in Florida. SJB would have been lucky to make the Florida top 25. 

Exactly proving my point about poor coaching in Fla. not developing the talent as the year goes on and losing games they should win based on the talent,  as oppossed to how the Calif teams get coached up and improve as the season goes on.

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Exactly proving my point about poor coaching in Fla. not developing the talent as the year goes on and losing games they should win based on the talent,  as oppossed to how the Calif teams get coached up and improve as the season goes on.

I think you’re right. What happens is the Florida teams think everyone is gonna take the beating the Cali teams take, so when the season goes on they lose focus and don’t realize that in Florida you have to bring it. Beating the Cali teams makes them think they are better than they really are, and that’s on the coaches. 

I agree with you on that 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think you’re right. What happens is the Florida teams think everyone is gonna take the beating the Cali teams take, so when the season goes on they lose focus and don’t realize that in Florida you have to bring it. Beating the Cali teams makes them think they are better than they really are, and that’s on the coaches. 

I agree with you on that 

.........and the last time a Fla school won a MNC was when?

#trendingdown

On 7/14/2019 at 11:21 PM, WCACguy said:

Fourth best team in the WCAC in the regular season then won two crazy games over teams that probably should have beaten them. Well coached and a stud QB behind a big line. Graduated most of their top skill guys. Lost a lot on defense but some young talent remains. I think they are slightly overrated nationally based on the two wins at the end of last year but still will be a good, solid team.

That stud qb was originally going to dematha  I believe.....as you know all bets are off when the dematha plays gonzaga...didn't they lose to gonzaga on espn the year they went 11-1 and finished top 20 nationally?

1 hour ago, dunkone said:

That stud qb was originally going to dematha  I believe.....as you know all bets are off when the dematha plays gonzaga...didn't they lose to gonzaga on espn the year they went 11-1 and finished top 20 nationally?

Gonzaga is the reigning WCAC champ and they deserve better than the #4 preseason rank IMO Hail Mary or not. They have the best QB and OL combo in the league, probably on the east coast. I don’t think Good Counsel has it in them to beat SJC or DM. I think Gonzaga does and has shown that. 

You’re right though, all bets off when DeMatha and Gonzaga play in football or basketball. 

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Gonzaga is the reigning WCAC champ and they deserve better than the #4 preseason rank IMO Hail Mary or not. They have the best QB and OL combo in the league, probably on the east coast. I don’t think Good Counsel has it in them to beat SJC or DM. I think Gonzaga does and has shown that. 

You’re right though, all bets off when DeMatha and Gonzaga play in football or basketball. 

Like DBP and BC!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dunkone said:

That team had the potential to perhaps be DeMatha’s best ever:  started with a 38-14 blowout of Miami Central who were U.S. #2 at the time, beat AHP in Florida (AHP had beaten IMG in a “preseason game” earlier) and crushed SJC 40-0.

Then in a home game for DeMatha they lost to Gonzaga.

Devastating.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 11:35 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Not trying to single you out sir, but winning the very first game of the season should always come with an asterisk when it comes to national powers from other states and their rankings. I have preached this for years and you guys continue to ignore it. You simply CANNOT base an entire resume on one game (especially the very first one of the season). Come one, this isn't rocket science! 

I might've been inclined to say STA and Lakeland would've won rematches against DLS later in the season during those respective years, but I would've bet the house that SJB would've skull-dented STA in a rematch the year they played..... 

• Like 1