Columbiafan Top 50 FL rankings release today (Fully Released)

Columbiafan

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Should be 2 good north FL vs South GA games

2 of top teams on the north FL border area

I hate to disagree...but Colquitt isn't even in Red Zone's Super Duper Top 25 nationally ranked high school football elite MNC challengers.

Our O-Line can't ride the adult rides at the carnival due to their undersize.  Our starting 22 players are lovingly known as the No-Stars.  When college recruiters or college coaches stop in Norman Park...they're asking directions to Lowndes.  Things are so bad at Colquitt that Camden has started a Go Fund Me.... for us.  So when I say...Oh Woe Is Us...I mean...

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

I hate to disagree...but Colquitt isn't even in Red Zone's Super Duper Top 25 nationally ranked high school football elite MNC challengers.

Our O-Line can't ride the adult rides at the carnival due to their undersize.  Our starting 22 players are lovingly known as the No-Stars.  When college recruiters or college coaches stop in Norman Park...they're asking directions to Lowndes.  Things are so bad at Colquitt that Camden has started a Go Fund Me.... for us.  So when I say...Oh Woe Is Us...I mean...

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rufus>>

Yes well redzone is no expert for FL or GA 

And his rankings was national while mine was state of Florida 

8 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Venice that low? I’m used to seeing them ranked anywhere from 7-15. 

Venice has a very good slate of games that can push them up the rankings with IMG, Vero Beach, SFA, cocoa and Manatee

I just feel like some of the other polls tend to place them higher than they should be

Nice list,  but based off the spring game film i watched. 

Deserves to be higher:

• Venice #31 - Played very good and went toe to toe against your #1 team (Lakeland). Yes, Bowman had limited playing time because it was spring but impressed me.

Why do you have them so high?

• Viera #23 - Started sloppy against West Orange but scored 21 unanswered to win 21-16.  Looked good but not good enough to be this high on the list.
  • Edgewater #17 - They struggled against #46 Osceola, who was beating Edgewater 7-3 in 3 varsity quarters (JV played 4th final score 10-7)  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Svargas19 said:

Deserves to be higher:

• Venice #31 - Played very good and went toe to toe against your #1 team (Lakeland). Yes, Bowman had limited playing time because it was spring but impressed me.

• Viera #23 - Started sloppy against West Orange but scored 21 unanswered to win 21-16.  Looked good but not good enough to be this high on the list.
  • Edgewater #17 - They struggled against #46 Osceola, who was beating Edgewater 7-3 in 3 varsity quarters (JV played 4th final score 10-7)  

I agree that Venice will be better than #31 in the state. They are usually one of the least "Florida-looking" of the top tier of teams in the state. But, they will be one of the top 12-15 teams in the state IMO.

Bowman played extensively-Lakeland actually rode him to get the win- vs Venice. But, what you may be forgetting is the massive influx of talent Lakeland has received since that game. There's a good chance the count of players figuring to start during the season but who weren't available for Venice is in the double digits, with three of those players being rated 4* by at least one major recruiting site.

Edgewater has also been said to have received many transfers. It looks to be an "it" school in this crazy free agency world we currently have.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I agree that Venice will be better than #31 in the state. They are usually one of the least "Florida-looking" of the top tier of teams in the state. But, they will be one of the top 12-15 teams in the state IMO.

Bowman played extensively-Lakeland actually rode him to get the win- vs Venice. But, what you may be forgetting is the massive influx of talent Lakeland has received since that game. There's a good chance the count of players figuring to start during the season but who weren't available for Venice is in the double digits, with three of those players being rated 4* by at least one major recruiting site.

Edgewater has also been said to have received many transfers. It looks to be an "it" school in this crazy free agency world we currently have.

20 hours ago, Svargas19 said:

Deserves to be higher:

The movements into Lakeland and Edgewater both were positive for their placement

Lakeland IMO is probably the most complete team heading into the season and everyone I've spoke to about the rankings and discussed Lakeland directly agreed with them being at 1, even my South Florida source agreed with Lakeland being the clear number 1 in FL and should be back to back titles for them

As for Edgewater my sources in Central FL sold me on them being a strong and very talented team and as mentioned they picked up some players in off-season which made picking them as highest ranked team in Orlando easy to do

Venice I thought about placing higher but I decided to let first few weeks play out before adjusting them, in first 3 games they play IMG and Vero Beach so adjusting Venice to the right placement after those games will be easy to make 

Viera is a very well supported program and are probably 3rd best team in Brevard behind rockledge and cocoa, they are a pretty safe pick for the bottom slots of the top 25 

Venice does need to beat Vero to support their claim as top 12-15. It was surprising to see them lose last year, even without (I think) their RB. I assume that was an anomaly. Of course they don't need to beat IMG to be top 12-15 in the state. 

I'm hearing Lakeland also now has a 6'4" 285 lb DL transfer from Virginia. Kid was apparently ineligible most of last season due to grades, but could be a monster. 

19 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Venice does need to beat Vero to support their claim as top 12-15. It was surprising to see them lose last year, even without (I think) their RB. I assume that was an anomaly. Of course they don't need to beat IMG to be top 12-15 in the state. 

I'm hearing Lakeland also now has a 6'4" 285 lb DL transfer from Virginia. Kid was apparently ineligible most of last season due to grades, but could be a monster. 

No but if they hang with IMG than beat Vero Beach it will justify them being ranked much higher 

20 minutes ago, badrouter said:

My formula for ranking during the season is once games start being played the roster and all the stuff on paper goes out the window

Once games start I base it entirely on game by game performance so beating good teams boosts you higher

Losing upsets or dropping several games consecutively you start dropping hard 

13 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Viera is a very well supported program and are probably 3rd best team in Brevard behind rockledge and cocoa, they are a pretty safe pick for the bottom slots of the top 25 

Somebody has been leaking info on Cocoa. They have a tough schedule to toughen them up and I can see them making some noise. Hoover, Venice, Viera and Rockledge will be some of the many tough games this year. I have a feeling they will make it to state again but it's going to depend a lot on team chemistry. Transfers can make or break a good team.

6 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Somebody has been leaking info on Cocoa. They have a tough schedule to toughen them up and I can see them making some noise. Hoover, Venice, Viera and Rockledge will be some of the many tough games this year. I have a feeling they will make it to state again but it's going to depend a lot on team chemistry. Transfers can make or break a good team.

What you mean by leaking info?

Viera and Rockledge should be even going into the year behind Cocoa. If Norton can find the chemistry with his new WRs that he had last year with Atkins and Mohr , they will again be successful. Oline should be stronger than last year. Running game will be improved.  Best Dline in county should help, but lack of experience in defensive backfield and not sure of LB athleticism.  With Norton they have a returning elite QB but not sure he will have the numbers without Atkins. Looking at USF to see what Sean can do at the next level. He had some special intangibles that can't be taught.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bamarod said:

Viera and Rockledge should be even going into the year behind Cocoa. If Norton can find the chemistry with his new WRs that he had last year with Atkins and Mohr , they will again be successful. Oline should be stronger than last year. Running game will be improved.  Best Dline in county should help, but lack of experience in defensive backfield and not sure of LB athleticism.  With Norton they have a returning elite QB but not sure he will have the numbers without Atkins. Looking at USF to see what Sean can do at the next level. He had some special intangibles that can't be taught.

Aren't you the clown who once tried to claim that Viera had the best coaching staff in the state?

🤡