Name some underrated college players going into 2019

954gator

I submit Ke'Shawn Vaughn  RB Vanderbilt.     1244 rush yds on 157 Attempts  (7.9  ypc)  w/ 12 rushing TDs,    13 recs  170 rec yds  (13.1 ypr)   2 rec TDs.   

Honestly there wasn't a full highlight of his 2019 season.    This is the best one I could find and it doesn't do him justice honestly.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk exactly what you mean by underrated. Do you mean like, they perform, put up numbers but get talked about little because the media pays more attention to the P5 schools' talent

Yeah pretty much.   Guys that ball out that aren't on the big name teams or guys who haven't really been talked too often.  

Don't know why that kid from Vandy didn't go to the NFL.     Risky if you ask me.  

I see all these lists of the best RBs in the SEC and this kid isn't even top 5 most of the time.   Kid led the SEC in rushing last year on fkn VANDY!   Guy deserves some respect if you ask me.  

• Like 2

USC:

WR Michael Pittman Jr- Matchup problem. Reminds me of Mike Evans. Will get lots of catches in air raid

LB Palaie Gaoteote- Former 5star who didn't get much PT as a true Freshman due to coaching politics. Heat seeking missle that will break out this year

DT Jay Tufele- Freak athlete who showed flashes of dominance, but I expect to be much more consistent with improved DL coach

ASU:

LB Merlin Robertson- 2018 Pac 12 Freshman of the year. Stolen right for a USC feeder school.....

35 minutes ago, mje44 said:

USC:

WR Michael Pittman Jr- Matchup problem. Reminds me of Mike Evans. Will get lots of catches in air raid

LB Palaie Gaoteote- Former 5star who didn't get much PT as a true Freshman due to coaching politics. Heat seeking missle that will break out this year

DT Jay Tufele- Freak athlete who showed flashes of dominance, but I expect to be much more consistent with improved DL coach

ASU:

LB Merlin Robertson- 2018 Pac 12 Freshman of the year. Stolen right for a USC feeder school.....

Clancy needs to show consistency before anyone on D gets any recognition.... Pittman let me down last year, lets hope he have a better year. Watch out for WR Devon Williams

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

Hows Divaad Wilson coming along?   

Hes 2nd on the depth chart at Star/Nickel behind Mark Webb. He'll get on the field quite a bit.

Everyone says Divaad is doing great... But everything really clicked for Webb this offseason. Webb originally came in as a WR from Archbishop Wood, hes D'Andre Swifts cousin, but he was moved to DB & has been doing really good this offseason.

1 hour ago, Kalven said:

Clancy needs to show consistency before anyone on D gets any recognition.... Pittman let me down last year, lets hope he have a better year. Watch out for WR Devon Williams

Regardless of Clancy's arrogance, I think the D takes a big step forward. Really do think the defense was put in some tough positions last year with inconsistent O, injuries, and maybe the worst punter I've ever seen. Apparently the new Auzzie Rules punter can boom it a mile. Think they'll be stout up front with a simplified scheme. Secondary has some questions. 

Can't wait to watch the offense. I'd take our WR's over any team in the country. If GH can get JT to play up to his potential in this system, offense will be scary.

I'm cautiously optimistic 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Colorado’s WR Laviska Shenault is a top 15 pick next year and still not a household name because of his team

Good stuff man.   Love how his offer list looked.    Bama always finding the diamonds to add to their blue chips.   

Colorado

Illinois

ALABAMA

Arizona St 

etc etc

• Thanks 1

Preseason Coaches All-SEC football team for 2019 announced

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/preseason-coaches-all-sec-football-team-for-2019-announced/

WR — Kalija Lipscomb, Vanderbilt (NOLA, Jesuit)

Vandy actually has 3 guys that will be drafted highly next year. Lipscomb may go in the 2nd RD.

Kalija Lipscomb was on that Jesuit State Championship squad that beat John Curtis.....Caught a couple TD passes. Jesuit in the white.

Just now, RedZone said:

Preseason Coaches All-SEC football team for 2019 announced

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/preseason-coaches-all-sec-football-team-for-2019-announced/

WR — Kalija Lipscomb, Vanderbilt (NOLA, Jesuit)

Vandy actually has 3 guys that will be drafted highly next year. Lipscomb may go in the 2nd RD.

Kalija Lipscomb was on that Jesuit State Championship squad that beat John Curtis.....Caught a couple TD passes. Jesuit in the white.

I don't guess you could really say Kalija Lipscomb is underrated, but he's a player NO ONE has ever heard of......