The No Nonsense preseason top 25

Omaha Vol

12 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Really?

Schedule looks similar to Colerains

Guess they longer can be a top 25

Regular season yes, playoffs no.

Also since 2000 Colerain has a winning record against St. X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle, Wayne, and Pickerington Central. They've proven themselves against D1 powers. 

Look I'm a believer in Hoban as a top Ohio team. I don't have reservations about them being very good. I'm just not sold on them as thee top Ohio team, i think its more of a toss up. Top 25, yea I would have them there.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

Also since 2000 Colerain has a winning record against St. X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle, Wayne, and Pickerington Central. They've proven themselves against D1 powers. 

Look I'm a believer in Hoban as a top Ohio team. I don't have reservations about them being very good. I'm just not sold on them as thee top Ohio team, i think its more of a toss up. Top 25, yea I would have them there.

They have a 4 year starter at quarterback who has 3 state championships.  That is a plus.

38 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Shane Hamm is a very good QB but some don't do their research and see this

or simply don't watch them play at all

This was the biggest thing for me....I was a doubter of Hoban 2 seasons ago...because I didn't see enough of them or have enough media coverage of them here in Cincy.....After I saw them beat the hell out of a very talented Winton Woods in the title game, I stopped doubting them as a serious Ohio power

3 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

This was the biggest thing for me....I was a doubter of Hoban 2 seasons ago...because I didn't see enough of them or have enough media coverage of them here in Cincy.....After I saw them beat the hell out of a very talented Winton Woods in the title game, I stopped doubting them as a serious Ohio power

Winton Woods. 😂😂😂😂😂

Yup...Winton Woods is some power........Last year they lost their opener to defending state champ Trotwood-Madison....13-3. The next week TRotwood-Madison got blasted at home by Chicago Simeon...33-6......Oh sorry that looks like a daisy chain......And hard Hit....where are you getting the idea that I was gone for 3 years ?????? You must be referring to your mind.........well goodnight gents....this is turning into an Ohio therapy self-esteem session.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

This is more or less how I feel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abbatt said:

Yup...Winton Woods is some power........Last year they lost their opener to defending state champ Trotwood-Madison....13-3. The next week TRotwood-Madison got blasted at home by Chicago Simeon...33-6......Oh sorry that looks like a daisy chain......And hard Hit....where are you getting the idea that I was gone for 3 years ?????? You must be referring to your mind.........well goodnight gents....this is turning into an Ohio therapy self-esteem session.

WW comparison to Glenville = very talented and fast, but lacking in coaching discipline/special teams. 

Also, I was talking about WW 17, not last season. WW 17 was much better than WW 18. 

Also, T-M beating WW in Week 1 last year was expected. I called T-M by 2 scores. WW had QB issues and their starting QB didn't even play. Their backup QB was hurt and their star D1 WR was forced to play 3rd string QB.

• Like 1

Hey all of you Ohio guys.......It`s all good -natured, competitive ribbing.......The season is starting soon and i wish you well and all of your teams success...except of course when they play Illinois teams.So comparing apples to apples.....Ohio is still a bit better at the top than Illinois....but our teams are certainly capable of beating yours if the Planets are aligned properly !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

Hey all of you Ohio guys.......It`s all good -natured, competitive ribbing.......The season is starting soon and i wish you well and all of your teams success...except of course when they play Illinois teams.So comparing apples to apples.....Ohio is still a bit better at the top than Illinois....but our teams are certainly capable of beating yours if the Planets are aligned properly !!!

Fair enough abbatt

We really like Illinois HSFB and need your and Bones input not only on teams but on who the impact players are that might possibly make it to the next level. Bones did a nice job with this last year.

As far as Ohio/Illinois match ups if Ohio plays well we could sneak 2 victories

As noone always closed with- peace!

8 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

WW comparison to Glenville = very talented and fast, but lacking in coaching discipline/special teams. 

Also, I was talking about WW 17, not last season. WW 17 was much better than WW 18. 

Also, T-M beating WW in Week 1 last year was expected. I called T-M by 2 scores. WW had QB issues and their starting QB didn't even play. Their backup QB was hurt and their star D1 WR was forced to play 3rd string QB.

WW 2017 was awesome!

They beat 3 time defending champs LaSalle twice, lost to Elder in OT, pummeled Moeller and the crushed Massillon.

But they got smoked by Hoban so yes opened a bunch of eyes.

• Like 1

Actually i think that Ohio will take all 3 match-ups...but they are going to be earned.

Naperville North is hosting Massilon Perry. Has Perry ever played OOS before ? I don`t know if it`s a home/ home.NN had a losing season last year but they were pretty competitive....they bring back a decent number of starters...I guess it could be a good game...but I`ll take Perry by 28-21.

Naperville Central smoked Louisville Ttrinity last year, but they lost a lot from their lines.and a 3* QB. they do have a very talented QB in place...Sam Jackson who is very mobile and has a whip of an arm.He`s got a very skilled, fast receiving corp.to sling it around to. If the line can protect him it will be quite a game......Of course NC has to deal with Pickerington`s excellent QB...so both DEF will be majorly challenged.With the game at PC I think that they prevail...38-28.

Loyola vs. Iggy is a very intriguing game. 2 very well coached teams.....disciplined and physical. The chess match between the 2 stellar coaching staffs will be worth the price of admission.I think it`s probably a toss-up...this game will show if The advantage of pre-season scrimmages are the difference-maker. I just wish that the IHSA would abolish this archaic restriction.I`ll take Iggy by 24-21. Interestingly...later in the year Loyola also plays Chicago St.Ignatius.Happily the game will be broadcast on SIBN thru the IGGY website.

So...what do the Ohio guys think about these games ?

On 8/16/2019 at 8:43 PM, zulu1128 said:

Looking forward to next Friday. FWIW, there is a buzz of optimism in The WC. 

Not sold on Princeton. Daniels looks to me like a more stylish version of Larry Cox. 

Yea, next Friday should be awesome. Ran into Bolden recently and wished him good luck. He said he was very appreciative because of course not everybody was happy with him taking the West job.....Looking forward to see how West looks.

Yea not sure what to make of Princeton. They are easily the most talented team in Cincinnati...maybe the state. It is interesting that the year Colerain could break Princeton's past reign of 19 consecutive GMC titles is the year that all of the top players are leaving their schools and headed to a loaded Princeton. We'll  definitely see what Daniels is made of......see if he is worthy of the title

XhetZx0VuHlMA.gif