The No Nonsense preseason top 25

Omaha Vol

4 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I was wrong they have lost 2 games in 3 years but when teams like Eastside Catholic WA and Phoenix City AL are getting ranked, some people go hmmm

I don’t know Phoenix City but know from this comment you don’t know eastside Catholic 

I don’t want to turn into their defender but they’re certainly worthy of top 25 consideration based on whatever criteria you want to use — accomplishments, roster, recent history (shutout centennial (az) in geico), returning players (Inc #1 junior in country)

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

I don’t know Phoenix City but know from this comment you don’t know eastside Catholic 

I don’t want to turn into their defender but they’re certainly worthy of top 25 consideration based on whatever criteria you want to use — accomplishments, roster, recent history (shutout centennial (az) in geico), returning players (Inc #1 junior in country)

Centennial AZ is a barometer now?  I can't go.  

Just now, 954gator said:

lol I think that's just a little exaggerated.    There are solid teams out there that don't have intense schedules.   

No that is what he truly believes.  He doesn't understand dog mentality.  There are teams out there that have players who don't care where you're from.  They will let you know they are on the field with them.  I've seen it the most from Florida and Ohio.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

No that is what he truly believes.  He doesn't understand dog mentality.  There are teams out there that have players who don't care where you're from.  They will let you know they are on the field with them.  I've seen it the most from Florida and Ohio.

Hater of Ohio- end of discussion

Don't see anyone here bashing Illinois HSFB- fact!

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

Go with #1 player in country if it makes you feel better 

you just attacked them because they’re from WA — you don’t know anything about them 

I watched the geico series and thought they were solid.  What past accomplishments are we to go on?

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I watched that game as well but I'm talking last seasons game.

I know I was being sarcastic because it just seems everyone knows so definitively that certain teams are trash or are the best.   

I never got to see Hoban play, but I watched Phenix City and they were a damn good squad too.    Who cares what league they were in.    

Just now, 954gator said:

I know I was being sarcastic because it just seems everyone knows so definitively that certain teams are trash or are the best.   

I never got to see Hoban play, but I watched Phenix City and they were a damn good squad too.    Who cares what league they were in.    

I can dig it.  I know you call it like you see it.

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I can dig it.  I know you call it like you see it.

Yeah and if last years Hoban team were in the WCAC they'd probably been competitive IMO.    Too much "hype" nowadays.  Less rational thinking.  

Gonzaga beat 6-3 Peddie NJ 30-20 at home last year.  They aren't world beaters.  

6 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I watched the geico series and thought they were solid.  What past accomplishments are we to go on?

WA state championships 

beating top 25 bellevue teams 

check out their roster 

i don’t remember seeing any that could match it in WA history and WA isn’t Rhoad Island 

again, not saying they’re for sure that team but they’ll test themselves this year and have enough bona fides to not warrant being pointed out as a flaw in a preseason poll imho 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

WA state championships 

beating top 25 bellevue teams 

check out their roster 

i don’t remember seeing any that could match it in WA history and WA isn’t Rhoad Island 

again, not saying they’re for sure that team but they’ll test themselves this year and have enough bona fides to not warrant being pointed out as a flaw in a preseason poll imho 

Bellevue hasn't had a top 100 squad since Budda Baker and Myles Jack walked on that field.  

Washington is a state that has a bunch of athletes.  I'm just questioning Washington having a top 25 squad.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 954gator said:

Yeah and if last years Hoban team were in the WCAC they'd probably been competitive IMO.    Too much "hype" nowadays.  Less rational thinking. 

League hype is one of the dumbest things this board does.

Sure, when looking at schedules it might be important. But Santa Margarita and Good Counsel aren't automatically good because of the leagues they're in.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

For the Ohio posters.....

I have never said or implied that i hate Ohio football... I have a great deal of respect for it.. It has great tradition.....legacy ......history.....coaching.......players....etc...etc..etc.....

What i am QUESTIONING..... is why Hoban is so highly ranked when they don`y play a schedule proving that they are worthy of their ranking.You can`t tell me that many of their opponents are very challenging...they have maybe 3-4 tough games per year.......their toughest play-off opponent last year was Washington Massillion......the equivalent of ESL....the proof was the 46-40 game won by Massillion in the last minute on their home field..Chicago Mt. Carmel has handled ESL pretty easily 2 years in a row in the play-offs and then got knocked out in the later rounds.The Chicago Catholic league is the oldest high school football Conference in the country.....look it up if you don`t believe me....but it doesn`t get the respect on the national stage that it should. Hoban is a good team....but not top 15 worthy nationally. They haven`t proven themselves against a schedule that would confirm this.Most likely they will win the state again this year......because the level of competition doesn`t test them enough. I see that they are playing 2 Canadian teams this year.......Why don`t they try to reach out to teams like Christian Brother`s.. MO......Detroit King.......Nazarath Academy IL.......it would provide a clearer baseline for evaluating them.

• Like 3